V/A Compilations » V/A - Heavy Artillery [Compilation] (1990)
  • http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7WL8YT7JOT0/S8GdTdi6vOI/AAAAAAAAHiE/rQuuxujVxMw/s320/HeavyArtillery2-1.jpg

Artist: V/A
    Release: Heavy Artillery, Compilation 1990
    Genres: Heavy / Power / Speed Metal
    Bitrate: 192kbps
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a reupload by request, of the original post of Strappado at the blog.

I have this original cassette tape, a prized possession, but I don't have a 320 digital rip. I would dearly love it if anyone had a 320 or even lossless version of this classic - one of the best compilations ever!!

Review: http://www.thecorroseum.com/comps/heavyartillery.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Breaker - Still Life
    2. Kraze - Devil In Disguise
    3. Chemikill - Deadline
    4. Decimaton - Silenced In Time
    5. Real Steel - I Rule The Radio
    6. Purgatory - Blood's The Price
    7. Deus Vult - Twilight's Last Gleaming
    8. Sacred Heart - Time After Time
    9. Terror - Pain And Suffering
    10. Torment - Epilogue
    11. Destructor - Storm Of Steel
    12. Attaxe - Pedal To The Metal
    13. Trigger Zone - Trigger Zone
    14. Hatrix - Sins Of A Bastard Angel
    15. Wretch - Life
    16. Brainicide - Payment In Blood
    17. Rebellious Angel - Stand Up And Fight
    18. Severe Warning - Better Off Dead
    19. Titan Force - Blaze of Glory
    20. The Spudmonsters - I'm Not Guilty
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Here some info I found about this cassette only compilation (What a pity... I also got it in 192kbps!):

Heavy Artillery MC 1990
    Label: Auburn Records
    #: AU007-4

Info: Cassette only compilation showcasing the Cleveland metal scene. A few bands were based outside of Cleveland, but aside from Titan Force from Colorado all of them were part of the Cleveland scene. Most of these songs were originally exclusive, but have since seen reissues on other compilations or as bonus tracks.

Side A:

1. BREAKER - Still Life
    Talented and accessible combining elements of mainstream bands like IRON MAIDEN or SCORPIONS (besides the obvious ACCEPT influence) without sounding like a copy of anyone. Re-released on their Accept EP, as well as the 2000 reissue of Get Tough.
    2. KRAZE - Devil In Disguise
    Actually a Pennsylvania based band, they were still considered part of the Ohio scene. On this song they play HIRAX type speed interspersed with thrash riffs reminiscent of early SACRED REICH and OVERKILL. Different to the "Devil in Disguise" CD version.
    3. CHEMIKILL - Deadline
    It's a shame they never passed the demo stage because this METAL CHURCH inspired song shows that they had a lot of potential. Not the same band that appeared on Metal Massacre XI.
    4. DECIMATION - Silenced In Time
    Hardcore/metal crossover act playing a style similar to PRONG. Not a style I'm particularly fond of, but I guess it's good for what it is. Reissued on their Forgotten Race CD.
    5. REAL STEEL - I Rule The Radio
    Catchy traditional metal song with a structure very similar to COMMANDER's Terror, but a style more akin to the British band WRAITH. For a less obscure comparison, imagine JUDAS PRIEST crossed with Balls to the Wall.
    6. PURGATORY - Blood's The Price
    Excellent mdiwest thrash with Bay Area influences, not unlike CYCLONE TEMPLE. On this track only the bassist and drummer from Tied to the Trax remain, though the lyrics were written by former singer Jeff Hatrix (presumably before he left the band).
    7. DEUS VULT - Twilight's Last Gleaming
    Another San Francisco Bay Area styled thrash band, with leanings toward early DEATH ANGEL or even TESTAMENT (minus the vocals).
    8. SACRED HEART - Time After Time
    Melodic metal that is similar to BREAKER (US), but not quite as talented.
    9. TERROR - Pain And Suffering
    The closest thing to death metal on this compilation, TERROR sounds like a less technical SADUS.
    10. TORMENT - Epilogue
    One of the highlights of the album, they sound like Crimson Glory with a thrash makeover. Later became Tormentor, then Ritual and finally Ritual of Torment.

Side B:

1. DESTRUCTOR - Storm Of Steel
    Classic Cleveland metal band, playing speed metal like early SLAYER or EXCITER. Reissued on the Storm of Steel EP.
    2. ATTAXE - Pedal To The Metal
    Reminds me of 3RD STAGE ALERT with their straightforward JUDAS PRIEST/DIO type metal. Reissued on their 20 Years the Hard Way CD.
    3. TRIGGER ZONE - Trigger Zone
    On any other compilation I would probably laud this band, but after 13 mostly great tracks all I can come up with now is "another power/thrash band".
    4. HATRIX - Sins Of A Bastard Angel
    Started by the ex-singer of PURGATORY, HATRIX sounds like a more aggressive WRATHCHILD AMERICA (thrash with Bay Area influence and fancy bass work). Some of the members also formed MUSHROOMHEAD.
    5. WRETCH - Life
    Similar to early METAL CHURCH but obviously not as good. I find that they try to do too many things, or at least the singer does.
    6. BRAINICIDE - Payment In Blood
    I've always thought Tim Owens was overrated, but even his fans probably won't find much to like here. There are some of his trademark Halford-esque screams, but most of the vocals are almost half-spoken while the music is uninteresting EXODUS-like thrash.
    7. REBELLIOUS ANGEL - Stand Up And Fight
    Powerful but melodic metal, much like SHOK PARIS.
    8. SEVERE WARNING - Better Off Dead
    Competent speed/thrash.
    9. TITAN FORCE - Blaze Of Glory
    Odd man out, being from Colorado, TITAN FORCE is best known for featuring vocalist Harry Conklin after he left JAG PANZER. His killer vocals are reminiscent of JAG PANZER, but the music has more of a German melodic speed touch similar to STORMWITCH or Keepers-era HELLOWEEN.
    10. THE SPUDMONSTERS - I'm Not Guilty
    Another slightly hardcore leaning thrash metal band, and a bit of a weak note to end an otherwise amazing compilation on.

• 2 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

New link, same bitrate
    Hidden Link

• 3 likes this
    NO Zippyshare, thanx...
    Bringer of Steel
    Italy (it) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Tony