Fanzine scans and high resolution photos
FORUM RULES
---------
Only Scans or high resolution photos!

Fanzines » [DEAD LINK] Metal Forces #24 (1987) [UK Fanzine]
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK EXISTING REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

http://oi64.tinypic.com/24bq104.jpg
    Fanzine: Metal Forces
    Issue: 24
    Scan Format: JPG 300 dpi
    Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    w/King Diamond, Bathory, Death, Slayer, Holy Terror, plus Malice, Overkill, Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., Riot, etc
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Includes the infamous "0" rating for Celtic Frost's "Into The Pandemonium" LP.
    .....And the best Bathory picture EVER!
    Ignore or delete the Poison interview. WTF. lol.
    Banned
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

popuespe wrote:My respect for Ace Frehley, but a name like "POISON" on the cover, is like a piece of shit in a snowdrift. I guess the company paid a lot of money to appear

There was always glam rock / glam metal bands in Metal Forces since Issue #1 (either reviews or interviews).

I remember I didn't like it back then and just wanted the heaviest bands,
    but one of the reasons Metal Forces was respected was it gave us the best from each type of metal / hard rock genre.

Completely understand your anger though.

I was told by a friend that when Metal Forces changed their logo (started with #28) ,
    that was the beginning of the end of them being true underground,
    and wanting to make more money, like Kerrang magazine I guess.

(Not sure if you remember, but Kerrang put Prince (Purple Rain-era) on their cover.
    Then kept featuring garbage like him we see in useless glossy mags from the USA).
    That was when I bet all the real metalheads started only buying zines like Metal Forces and increasing their circulation.
    Probably why Mega Metal Kerrang was created. To make that lost money off thrashers).

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/photo-metal-forces-issue-28-magazine-cover/
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 328

canadaspaceman wrote:There was always glam rock / glam metal bands in Metal Forces since Issue #1 (either reviews or interviews).

I remember I didn't like it back then and just wanted the heaviest bands,
    but one of the reasons Metal Forces was respected was it gave us the best from each type of metal / hard rock genre.

Completely understand your anger though.

I was told by a friend that when Metal Forces changed their logo (started with #28) ,
    that was the beginning of the end of them being true underground,
    and wanting to make more money, like Kerrang magazine I guess.

(Not sure if you remember, but Kerrang put Prince (Purple Rain-era) on their cover.
    Then kept featuring garbage like him we see in useless glossy mags from the USA).
    That was when I bet all the real metalheads started only buying zines like Metal Forces and increasing their circulation.
    Probably why Mega Metal Kerrang was created. To make that lost money off thrashers).

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/photo-metal-forces-issue-28-magazine-cover/

Yes, I agree that normally there was a gap for such groups in that magazine, but do not think it was a comfortable situation for anyone, even for them .... the proof is that, as you well say, the magazine died when he focused on the conventional HM.
    I have a copy of Kerrang with Prince on the cover, and one with Phil Collins, but this at least cite Genesis cover hahah
    Spain (es) Male 
    Name: METAL80

Topics Solved: 1

canadaspaceman wrote:(Not sure if you remember, but Kerrang put Prince (Purple Rain-era) on their cover.

I bought every issue from #19 until that Prince issue which was the first one I didn't buy. Only bought a few after that either.

Topics Solved: 1

« Return to Fanzines