Articles from Fanzines, Magazines and Newspapers
FORUM RULES
------------------
From Fanzines, Magazines etc

Articles » [DEAD LINK] Metallica (US) - 4/1983 Audio Interview For Whiplash Fanzine w/ James & Lars
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK EXISTING REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

This interview was conducted by Trace Rayfield on April 23,1983 w/ James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich for Brian Lew's fanzine Whiplash. This interview took place in NJ in a car and a lot of ground is covered as their getting ready to record Kill Em All during this time.They discuss their thoughts on the East Coast Metal scene, Mustaine's departure,Hammett's arrival,Cliff Burton, their relationship w/ Megaforce, magazines Kerrang! and Sounds etc..Very kool to listen to this...

DEAD LINK

https://i.imgur.com/iGvVzkp.jpg

Metallica in New Jersey - April 1983 (This picture was also the first time Kirk was photographed w/ the band)

"This picture was taken in the parking lot of the record store Rock 'N Roll Heaven in New Jersey. This was the beginning of my 4 hour odyssey with James and Lars including the Whiplash interview. We then went to the record store Zig Zag for an in-store appearance and ended up at L'Amours in Brooklyn for an Anvil show. In between was a comical drive through the streets of Brooklyn with lots of beer drinking and bad directions from the locals. Two kids from California and two kids from the Midwest lost in Brooklyn. Of course, the more beer we drank, the more lost we got. The happy ending was we made it before Anvil hit the stage and I got my interview." - Trace Rayfield

Fang's to Trace Rayfield & Brian Lew for putting this out there for fans...
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Chris Ruiz

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Articles