V/A Compilations » [DEAD LINK] V/A - When The Hammer Comes Down: Dutch Heavy Metal Compilationtape [Compilation] (1983)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS.
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

SEARCH REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

https://i.imgur.com/D2XJsoV.png

Artist: V/A
    Release: When The Hammer Comes Down - Dutch Heavy Metal Compilationtape
    Genres: Heavy Metal / Proto-Speed Metal
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a VERY RARE Compilation Tape that my friend Ron "Evil Eye" Pappert (R.I.P.) got sometime in '83 or '84, probably at a show in Canada. He passed it on to me. This Compilation Tape was released in 1983. All the songs are pulled from the bands 1983 demo's. It is a GREAT look into the Dutch underground metal scene in 1983. There is really not a weak track on here. All the bands play great heavy metal (some inspird by NWOBHM) or a proto-speed metal. What makes this special is that it's a Compilation Tape release put together by someone into demo's in 1983. It's really very early on in the demo and tapetrading days. It was never released on LP or anywhere else. Just this obscure cassette with cover. I think that makes it historic in that sense, well to us metalheads from the 80's.
    I'll go band by band for a quick reference:

Martyr have a killer tune from their 1983 demo on here. They went on to get signed and release a couple of good albums, split up, then re-united and have released 2 newer albums. Dark Wizard has a 1983 demo song and it's very NWOBHM mixed with early proto-speed. They went on to get signed and release a mini-LP and LP. Great band! Burning Ambition I know nothing about, but it's a good Heavy Metal song. Eardanger is another band I know nothing about, and it is maybe the weakest band because their song is live, the sound isn't so good, and the song is just bland. At least its heavy metal though and not filler rock music. Atomic Rock is a KILLER band. Can't believe I never came across them before. Riffing reminds me of early Mercyful Fate. Same goes with Hammer, another obscure band I can't find any info on. Future Tense have an '83 demo track that they later re-recorded for their mini-LP. It's a cult Metal song. Lasty is Together who play GREAT heavy metal inspired by Dio-era Black Sabbath. They have a GREAT crunchy guitar sound and it's a KILLER song! They went on to record a GREAT 12"ep and then split up. Too bad, they were good! This Comp Tape is a masterpiece of this style and era of Heavy Metal music. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Scanned and Ripped from my personal collection. (I also included in the archive the logos, photo's and demo covers of the included bands that I could find). The cassette itself is just a blank black cassette tape with no markings, so I didn't bother scanning it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Martyr - Snow & Fire
    2. Dark Wizard - Poisoned Whiskey
    3. Burning Ambition - Back Were You Belong
    4. Eardanger - Beelzebub's Friend (Live)
    5. Atomic Rock - Standing on the Edge of the Light
    6. Hammer - Death of Ilatotho
    7. Future Tense - Go to Hell
    8. Together - Burn in Hell

https://i.imgur.com/4brXCEu.png
    Banned
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

« Return to V/A Compilations