V/A Compilations » [DEAD LINK] V/A - Hear N' Aid [Compilation] (1985) [Apple Lossless Vinyl Rip]
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS.
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

SEARCH REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

http://i.imgur.com/mH78NRP.png

Artist: V/A
    Release: Hear N' Aid
    Genres: Hard Rock/Metal
    Bitrate: Apple Lossless
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the all-star gathering of hard rock and metal performers that was established to raise money for famine relief in Africa. It was started as a response to 'We Are The World' and other various projects that preceded it. It was spearheaded by Ronnie James Dio, and included a cast of well-known rock and metal performers. This list of performers can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear_%27n_Aid. I picked this up on vinyl and recorded it, but have since sold the copy. The album was originally only released on vinyl and cassette. Many years later, I think I remember a Japanese CD issue of it being released. Anyway, this rip turned out very nicely. There are a few metal goodies found on here by bands like Accept and Dio. A true diamond on this release is a studio version of Y & T's 'Go For The Throat,' which only ever appeared in a live format on their "Open Fire" album. The appearance of a Rush track didn't surprise me too much as it was consistent with other compilations of the time. K-tel Records, specifically, included songs by Rush in their compilations. However, I was a bit baffled by the inclusion of a Jimi Hendrix track on the album. Jimi is very good, but the track seems out-of-place in the mix with the rest of the album's tracks. This may not be as metal as other posts on this blog, but, remember, anything with Ronnie James Dio performing on it is worth having. Hope you like this!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Stars - Hear N' Aid
    2. Up To The Limit (Live) - Accept
    3. On The Road (Live) - Motorhead
    4. Distant Early Warning (Live) - Rush
    5. Heaven's On Fire - Kiss
    6. Can You See Me - Jimi Hendrix
    7. Hungry For Heaven (Live) - Dio
    8. Go For The Throat - Y&T
    9. The Zoo (Live) - Scorpions
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

My vinyl is dated 1986, one of the first vinyls i ever bought because AMIR DERAKH from Orgy and Rough Cutt was on it (He is iranian...YEY). This LP never gets old, I specially like that video with bunch of stars which was published the same year (MTV was good at the time!)
    Bringer of Steel
    Iran (ir) Male
    Name: Al

Topics Solved: 28

« Return to V/A Compilations