Demos [Hard Rock] » My Python (US) - Demo (1985)
  • https://i.postimg.cc/W48WfQ98/folder.jpg

Artist: My Python
    Release: Demo
    Genre: Hard Rock/Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 256 kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

MY PYTHON - Demo (1985) USA
    Promotional Cassette C.P.H.W.E-01

https://i.postimg.cc/Qtn6jcZW/My-Python-Band.jpg

David Eckler - Vocals (ODYSSEY, THRUST, HANZ RIPPER, JOINT EFFORT, Dr. WATT, RICHARD WHISKEY BAND)
    "Feisty" Mike Wright - Guitar (not pictured)
    Mike Holden - Guitar (Dr. WATT, RICHARD WHISKEY BAND)
    Jimmie Cowles - Bass (HANZ RIPPER, FUGITIVE)
    Randy Ray "R.R." Perry - Drums (HANZ RIPPER)

https://i.postimg.cc/WzF5ztsY/My-Python-Logo.jpg

MY PYTHON were a 5 piece U.S. Hard Rock band formed in the early 1980's in Battle Creek, Michigan.
    Their lone release was this six song demo tape, recorded in single takes with minimal overdubbing in a Battle Creek basement in 1985.
    They mainly played straight up Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, though a few songs also have some unusual Powerpop/New Wave influences present.
    After guitarist "Feisty" Mike Wright left the band My Python attempted to keep on going, but as late drummer Randy Ray Perry later said "some people you just can't replace".
    The band would break up without recording anything further.
    My Python's singer David Eckler, bassist Jimmie Cowles & drummer R.R. Perry would soon form a new band called HANZ RIPPER who recorded a 4 song demo in 1987 that included a cover of BLUE CHEER's 'Babylon'.
    Posted here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=62372
    Jimmy Cowles would then join Athens, Michigan band FUGITIVE, recording the 10 song 'On The Loose' album which was released by King's Gambit Records on cassette only in 1987.
    In later years, Eckler & My Python's guitarist Mike Holden would reunite in a band called Dr. WATT, and combine again in RICHARD WHISKEY BAND too.
    Eckler is still singing in bands & was last seen in a reformed JOINT EFFORT, the band he fronted in the early 70's.
    My Python's drummer Randy Ray "R.R." Perry sadly passed away in 2021.

*'The Man With The Meat' was originally a song called 'Outer Space Connection' by the band FUNHOUSE (also covered by THE ITCH).
    With new lyrics by Mike Holden, the rejigged song took as lyrical inspiration the 1973 PBB scandal, where toxic flame retardant was mistakenly sent to Michigan farmers as livestock feed causing an environmental health crisis.
    This same song was also played by THE BUDDY KONA BAND, under yet another name, 'Farmer Vincent'.

art & txt included
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Believe Me, Relieve Me
    2. Poolside Mama
    3. Bad Boy
    4. Kamchaka Boy
    5. Flight Of The Sparrow
    6. The Man With The Meat (FunHouse cover)*
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 150

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS