Singles [Hard Rock] » Stevie Lange (Rho) - Remember My Name [Single] (1981)
  • https://s16.postimg.cc/5z06j4a51/Stevie_Lange_A.jpg

Artist: Stevie Lange
    Release: Remember My Name 7" [single] (1981)
    Genre: Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    ►Dead Link

STEVIE LANGE - Remember My Name 7" (1981) Rhodesia
    RCA Records LIM 1

320kbps

01. Remember My Name
    02. I Don't Want To Know

Singer STEVIE LANGE (aka Stevie Vann, Stevie Vann-Lange) was born Stevie Van Kerken in Mufulira, Northern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe.
    In the mid-'70's Vann had a group, BONES, before she married producer Robert "Mutt" Lange.
    In the late 1970's Vann met Chris Thompson whilst performing backing vocals on a MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND album.
    Thompson approached Vann to form a band, which eventually became NIGHT.
    Night were moderately successful, releasing 2 albums and appearing in the tongue-in-cheek Vincent Price horror movie "The Monster Club".
    She is now best known as a vocal coach, lending her services to the likes of DEF LEPPARD's Joe Elliot & ATOMIC KITTEN.
    She still tours with other artists, and has sung live with BRYAN ADAMS, ELTON JOHN, JOE COCKER & BRIAN MAY.
    Stevie also sang backing vocals on the version of Def Leppard's "When Love And Hate Collide" on their "Vault" compilation.
    Additionally, she has sung studio backup for MANFRED MANN, THE SWEET, TREVOR RABIN, UFO & RICK WAKEMAN.
    In 1995, she recorded a self-titled solo album, which produced by her ex-husband, "Mutt" Lange, who also sang background vocals.
    Now i know what you're thinking, that's all well & good, but why have you brought her to our attention?
    Well, because, for rockers of a certain vintage, Stevie was the mysterious voice behind the naked cartoon chick in the Limara body spray commercial in the early '80's.
    You remember the one?
    Cartoon animals (and plants), crowded round to watch a girl bathing under a waterfall, whilst a female singer instructed us to "Remember My Name", over a raunchy Hard Rock choon.
    It was my favourite advert in 1980, and i often wondered where i could find the song, and who that singer was.
    It turns out it was Stevie Lange, and the song in the ad, "Remember My Name", was rushed out as a single in 1981 to capitalise on the adverts success.
    Except, somehow, the record sank without a trace.
    And, after the ad stopped airing, so did Limara body spray.
    Then one day, a few years ago, i saw the image on this picture sleeve on a long gone blog, and the memory of "that song", came flooding back.
    One quick download later, and i was transported back to the early '80's, and found the song had stood the test of time rather nicely.
    It's a catchy Hard Rocker, not unlike something STEVIE NICKS might have done at the time, but with more balls to it, and Mrs Lange's raspy delivery fits it perfectly.
    So here it is, for those of you with long memories, with thanks to the original uploader.
    I'd give the flip a miss if i was you, it's sappy lightweight fluffy nonsense.

art & txt included

01. Remember My Name
    02. I Don't Want To Know

https://s15.postimg.cc/mjsgllwor/Stevie_Lange_B.jpg
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

well this is certainly an odd one! Will have to give it a listen - 1) AC/DC connection 2) naked chick involved (albeit cartoon...)
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Stevie Lange is an awesome vocalist. Look on YouTube for her singing a song called "The Stripper" with her band Night back around 1980.

• 1 likes this
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Brett Davis

Topics Solved: 0

I'm not too fond of the producer Lange, but the comparison with Stevie Nicks wetted my appetite.

Nice offering, Mrs. Lange got a remarkable voice for sure (more balls than her husbands productions at large). But the obvious comparison should, at least in my opinion, Lee Aaron instead of Stevie Nicks.
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

New Link : 18/11/2016
    Requested by CASPER
    Get it while it's HOT!

• 2 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

brettdavis261 wrote:Stevie Lange is an awesome vocalist. Look on YouTube for her singing a song called "The Stripper" with her band Night back around 1980.

It's worth buying the DVD of 'The Monster Club' just to hear that song; quite possibly the best female rock vocal performance ever.

http://stevielange.bandcamp.com/
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

New Link: Hidden Link

• 3 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Michael

Topics Solved: 866

« Return to Singles [Hard Rock]