EPs [Hard Rock] » The Angels (Aus) - Out Of The Blue [EP] (1979)
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CHFaIOeIB3I/UZeCnYljJdI/AAAAAAAAJaE/xM13Wi47WlQ/s200/Cover.JPG

Artist: The Angels
    Release: Out Of The Blue (1979) [EP]
    Genre: Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Info: Thanks to "AussieRock". "The four track Out Of The Blue EP is actually just a single track on side one, "Out Of The Blue", with three tracks on side two. So it's kind of like a single with three B sides. Of those B sides there's two belting live tracks, "Mr Damage" and "Save Me", which the sleeve says were "live recordings from 2SM Elizabethan Concerts". The final track is the spruced-up and re-released version of "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again". I must confess, I never really thought much of the song "Out Of The Blue" being single material. I still find it somewhat surprising that someone in the decision making process thought it merited being pressed as the A side of a single and EP.

It is most definitely the B sides here that make this record worth owning. The live rendition of "Mr Damage" is intense and brutal, for those few seconds just before the song starts Doc Neeson monotonically talks at the crowd in that creepily cryptic on-stage persona he'd adopted back then: "rest easy if you think you can, this is a warning! be ready! stand by! prepare for eventuality!" The song "Save Me" also makes an excellent live track, it comes off slightly quicker and more raw and frantic than the studio version on No Exit. Doc's once-again cryptic and muffled intro going something like "some roll dice, and spun coin..." (whatever that means) before some mug in the crowd near the mic yells out "Rick Brewster!"

The final track is the very familiar re-vamped version of the old Angels standard anthem "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again" (yes, I can hear you all out there right now retorting with "no way! get *ucked! *uck off!"). Yes, this is the version with that wailing electric guitar in the intro and in the bridge, the bit that is sorely lacking from the original version on the 1977 album The Angels. One presumes that it was this B side track that captured the record buyer back in 1979, rather than the somewhat pedestrian "Out Of The Blue". No way, get *ucked, *uck off. (review by batfink)."
    Lineup:
    John Brewster - rhythm guitar, vocals
    Rick Brewster - lead guitar, vocals
    Doc Neeson - lead vocals
    Graham "Buzz" Bidstrup - drums, vocals
    Chris Bailey - bass
    1. Out of the Blue
    2. Mr. Damage [Live 2SM Elizabeth Theatre]
    3. Save Me [Live 2SM Elizabeth Theatre]
    4. Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again (Alternative Version)
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: Axle

Topics Solved: 0

AXLE,THANX A LOT FOR THIS RARE EP FROM THIS GREAT AC/DC INFLUENCED BAND!!CHEERS!! POROSIMETAL
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: PANOS

Topics Solved: 1

You're welcome but I don't think AC/DC influenced The Angels. AC/DC formed in 1973 and The Angels were established in 1974.
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: Axle

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to EPs [Hard Rock]