Albums [Hard Rock] » [DEAD LINK] KKB (pre-Kiss) (US) - 1974 (2008)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK EXISTING REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

https://i.imgur.com/LUiLQ7Z.png

Artist: KKB
    Release: 1974 (1974)
    Genre: Heavy Rock
    Bitrate: 224kbps

KKB - 1974 (1974) USA
    Recorded in 1974
    Unreleased until 2008
    Limited edition of 1000 hand-numbered autographed CDs

224kbps

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7321/kkbfrunt.jpg

01. I'll Never Take You Back
    02. My Baby
    03. You've Got A Hold On Me
    04. Tryin' To Find A Way
    05. Someday
    06. You Won't Be There (Part 1)
    07. To Be Free
    08. You Won't Be There (Part 2)

Mike Katz - Bass & Vocals (EB-3)
    Bruce Kulick - Guitar (MEAT LOAF, BLACKJACK, THE GOOD RATS, BILLY SQUIER, KISS, UNION, E.S.P., CORABI & KULICK, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD)
    Guy Bois - Drums

Before Bruce Kulick became the guitarist with KISS, MEAT LOAF (he was a member of the "Bat Out Of Hell" touring band), or GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, before his stints with THE GOOD RATS, BLACKJACK or BILLY SQUIER even, and long before his work with GRAHAM BONNET, E.S.P. and UNION; before all of that, Bruce Kulick was a fan of great rock music.
    CREAM, JIMI HENDRIX, MOUNTAIN, THE WHO, LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH, THE JAMES GANG, DEEP PURPLE... you name it, Kulick knew it and loved it.
    "In 1973 i found a guy who lived in the next building over from me, in the Jackson Heights area of Queens, New York.
    His name was Mike Katz, and he was a bass player who loved all of the same bands I did.
    We started jamming, and, because we already spoke the same language musically, it was just magical.
    We found a drummer named Guy Bois who rounded out the picture, and we formed a group that we envisioned as a cross between Cream and YES."
    After months of rehearsal in the Bois family basement, the band (though called "KKB" today, they never had a name at the time,) entered New York's Sudden Rush recording studio in September of 1974 armed with a strong batch of songs.
    As with many young bands, things unfortunately didn't progress for the three musicians.
    Eventually Kulick, Katz and Bois went their separate ways.
    The reel-to-reel tape of those sessions sat gathering dust until Kulick found a TEAC reel-to-reel player for $35.00 at garage sale in 2006, and thus rediscovered the "KKB" sessions.
    "I put that tape on, and was blown away," smiles Kulick.
    "It was like a time capsule, and there was such passion and fury in the music.
    It was funny, too, how I recognized so many elements in that tape recording from almost 35 years ago that are still in my guitar playing today."
    As enjoyable as it was for Bruce to journey down memory lane, it was playing the tape for friends and other musicians that lead him to consider releasing it to the public at large.
    "Everyone I played it for said the same thing, that I needed to put this music out as it sounds so current, no matter how many years ago it was created.
    So I began the process of getting this old tape transferred into a digital format."
    While there was some repair work and extensive mastering done to the tape to get it up to digital standards, no overdubs or new music were recorded.
    The "KKB" sessions appear on the CD exactly as they were recorded.
    "Oddly enough, even though this music was created in 1974, the vibe is right in line with some of the music that has come out in the last few years, KKB has that powerful punch that analog is known for," marvels Kulick.
    But beyond all of that, this music has relevance, is extremely catchy and musical, and will stand on its own no matter how many years ago it was created.
    Turn on the black lights and rock out to KKB!"
    For the last ten years Kulick has been guitarist with Grand Funk Railroad, and has released 3 solo albums in that time.
    Mike Katz now plays in Cream tribute band EB-3.
    "1974", is a cracking little album, just great '70's Heavy power-trio Rawk with progressive arrangements and a really funky rhythm section.
    There's the odd slice of lyrical cheese here and there, but musically this is awesome, with Kulick really impressing with his fluidity and grasp of dynamics.

art & txt included

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SD0QJBA2

No PW

ctme
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 93

« Return to Albums [Hard Rock]