Demos [Progressive Metal] » [DEAD LINK] Shadowcast (US) - The Premonition [Demo] (1990) / Various Recordings (1989-1990)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK SUBMITTED REQUESTS BEFORE POSTING A NEW ONE!

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/3/2/4/332441.jpg

Artist: Shadowcast
    Release: The Premonition (1990)
    Genre: Progressive Power Metal
    ►Dead Link
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are some demo recordings from the US progressive power metal band Shadowcast.

They formed in 1989 and broke up in 1990. During this short time they released a demo and
    recorded some other songs. After the band broke up, the singer, bass player and drummer
    joined Paragon and stayed there until Paragon broke up some time in 1991.

Former bass player Chris Motter has been very kind and provided me with the songs and
    told me the story of the band. If you read this Chris, welcome to Heavy Metal rarities forums.
    Hope you enjoy it here. I am sure that people will enjoy Shadowcast's music.

Edit 9th of January 2014: I've reuploaded the demo with the better quality versions that Shadowcast
    guitarist Randy Davis posted in this thread. Thanks a million, Randy!

Edit 24th of March 2015 - Randy Davis, guitar player in Shadowcast, has asked me to delete the links to these demos.
    Apparently we might get to see something from Shadowcast on CD in the not too distant future.
    I'll buy that to support them and I hope you all will as well!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Premonition (1990)
    1. Black Trinity
    2. Deception Game
    3. Necropolis
    4. Prelude
    5. Private Reality

Various demo and live recordings 1989-1990
    1. WordVoid
    2. Puppets of Destiny
    3. Daylight Dreamers (Fates Warning cover)
    4. Eye for an Eye (live)
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

Jesus, another fantastic undiscovered US gem - Thank you so much Danneq for this post and also to Chris Motter to give us the opportunity to listen to his band...just pretty awesome stuff!!!!

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
     Male 

Just a selfmade cover for anyone who's like to burn their songs on cd-r...

Front
    http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii465/metaltreasure/shadowcastfront.jpg

Back
    http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii465/metaltreasure/shadowcastback.jpg

Hope you enjoy it (cheers)

• 6 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
     Male 

Awesome demos, awesome covers, awesome music!
    This is fucking amazing. THANKS GUYS!

I found this video at Youtube, a must see! (more videos at the uploaders channel)!

• 1 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2495

@Strappado - The videos are posted on former bassist Chris Motter's Youtube channel. That's how I got in touch with him. I came across Shadowcast a few months ago when I was searching for live videos of the Sanctuary song Future Tense, and came across Paragon's cover of the song. I think it was Paragon after the three members from Shadowcast joined, at least. I thought it was a good cover and a great singer, but nothing more.

A few days ago, I stumbled across it again after buying the Paragon demo. "Hey, this is a different singer from the demo. And why is he both in Paragon and a band called Shadowcast?" So I searched for names of the members and "Shadowcast" and came across their MySpace page, where the demo songs are uploaded to. Then I just had to have the demo!

Luckily Chirs Motter was very kind and a bit surprised that someone was contacting him about Shadowcast's music.

Such good music deserves to be exposed so that many people get to listen to it!
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

DANNEQ,mega thanx for this jewel!Superb progressive power metal in early FATES WARNING style,they deserved to be praised by the masses and be very famous in prog. fans hearts!!Thanx also to CHRIS for letting us go to metal heavens with his music!Also to the guy who made the nice covers!This is a very precious file of and for prog metal underground history! porosimetal
    Random avatar
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: PANOS

Topics Solved: 41

vigilantekiller wrote:This is freaking awesome!! Thanks!!! Great job done with the cover!
    Do you also have the stuff in lossless quality?

Sorry, I'm posting what I received. Chris Motter might still have the cassettes, though. I was just happy to get anything...
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Hey! I'm Randy Davis (gtrs) from Shadowcast! Nice to see one of my ex bands here! I did release a FLAC/WAV version of this at guitars101 where I am known as Sartori64. I have ALL of the original master tapes as I was the one who recorded everything. I have MANY practice's still but have yet to digitize them. I also have a live video if anyone is interested.... Thanks for the support!!!

• 2 likes this
    United States (us) Male 
    Name: Randy Davis

And, YES, we did want to be Fates Warning!!! lol
    United States (us) Male 

For those paying attention.... SHADOWCAST LIVE @ the Sunset Bar & Grill. Hidden Link Here in Ohio, bands must play 3 one hours sets and do mostly covers. This is only one set from the night, with the only originals here are; Private Reality, Deception Game, Hell Born On Earth, and Prelude. (Yes, I have a studio version of Hell Born.)

• 3 likes this
    United States (us) Male 

The demo, WAV files. This is taken from the DAT master and sounds better than the previous version posted. Pt 1 https://www.mediafire.com/?h6a21vap7l0oinc , pt 2 https://www.mediafire.com/?h6a21vap7l0oinc enjoy!

• 3 likes this
    United States (us) Male 

Hi Randy and thanks a lot for your posts!
    I really like Shadowcast's stuff and I hope that it gets spread more. I was in contact with Chris Motter about 2 years ago and got some stuff from him. Great that you come here and contribute with better quality versions of the songs!

Did anything happen with the Greek record label Arkeyn steel? I like the stuff they have put out and since their focus are on (mainly demo) bands with Queensrÿche/Fates Warning influence I thought that Shadowcast would be a great fit for them. So I contacted the label and then gave Chris Motter's contact information to the owner of that label. It's a small label and Greece is still in an economic crisis, so perhaps things are going slow for Arkeyn records. Still, I hope that it would be possible to get Shadowcast's old demos out on CD. One of the better US QR/FW "clone" bands of the late 80's/early 90's. At least in my opinion...
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Reuploaded the demo with the versions that Shadowcast guitarist Randy Davis posted.
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Sorry about the late response! It's been pretty hectic here in Ohio with the snow and all!
    Ah, the Greek label. We had the contract but another label (out of Cali) also showed interest and offered money, so we went with them...but the singer drug his feet and the label walked away. We did contact the Greek label (or I hope Chris did) and let them know we were passing, but I personally feel that has all changed. Tell them to contact ME as I'm the one handling things now! (wink wink, nudge nudge, if ya know what I mean!)
    The complaint from Stormspell Records was that we only had enough 'A' sounding quality songs for an ep, so the 1st demo and live tunes were in question. Plus, they were interested in my previous band 'Wrathskeller', which most of Shadow's songs came from.
    Wrathskeller; wow, it was a band I put together and I went through many musicians as most local people were used to covers, not originals-or at least the stuff I was writing! Wrathskeller had, at some point, Darrell Roberts (5 Finger Death Punch/W.A.S.P.), Dwight Bowden and Marc Mitchell of PARAGON, Dan Turner from Salem's Lot (and later Rat Bastard/Mugsy Croftshire both with me), and Tom Reade (who did the Rage tribute band thing.)

Yes, Mugsy Croftshire is still putting out albums with a kick-ass guitar player! Rat Bastard's albums are available anywhere. (iTunes, CD Baby, etc...) along with the first Mugsy cd I was on...... SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!!!

I'm on Facebook so hit me up there< I frequent FB! https://www.facebook.com/randallbdavis Don't be a stranger! Stop by and say hey!
    United States (us) Male 

Hello. I am former Shadowcast bassist Chris Motter.
    Great to see so many people digging the music!
    Thought I'd post links to some live Shadowcast from 1990 to check out
    http://youtu.be/Mc6fSL1DIOs
    http://youtu.be/5PMIERROFSY

• 1 likes this
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Chris Motter

Official Rerelease coming in 2 days from Arkeyn Steel Records, like Damien Black:

• 1 likes this
    Germany (de) Male

Topics Solved: 8

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Demos [Progressive Metal]