Demos [Progressive Metal] » Wintersong (US) - Requiem [Demo] (1989)
  • http://imageshack.us/a/img7/643/coverxdcv.jpg

https://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/5/4/0/3540365210_logo.jpg?0248

https://i.imgur.com/mEO0He0.jpg

Artist: Wintersong
    Release: Requiem [Demo] (1989)
    Genre: Progressive Metal
    Bitrate: 320 Kbps
    Hidden Link
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great US prog metal from the late 80's!

I got this from the forner drummer, Lou Caldarola (also ex. Soundscape). I didn't ask him if I could put it up here,
    but I hope he's okay with that.
    I did try to get this band into Metal Archives, but my submission is still "pending" after having been turned down once
    because "there was no proof of a physical release."

History (from Lou Caldarola)
    Wintersong Formed in NY in the fall of 1988 as a prog rock trio. David and Bill had written a number of songs then added
    local drummer Lou Caldarola to round out the band and then embarked on Bill's idea of a prog-rock Requiem.

The band recorded the demo in 1989 in Stormville NY with producer Elliot Glenn. The release was met with great reviews
    and made quite a mark on the underground rock and metal scene at the time. They toured the east coast regularly and
    drew the attention of an up and coming band who had just lost their singer after the release of their first album
    "When Dream and Day Unite".
    Bill then auditioned for and got the job with Dream Theater, who was about to enter the studio and record what would be
    Images and Words. However, Bill being primarily a bass player, turned down the job as the "front man". Dream Theater
    continued their search, auditioning close to 200 singers before recruiting James LaBrie.

Some time in 1990 Wintersong disbanded due to creative differences, though the 3 stayed in touch. Lou and Bill
    formed a band called Dominion in 1991, continuing the style of music that they started with Wintersong.

Wintersong:
    Bill Rogers - Vocals, Bass, 12-string
    David Pitkat - Electric guitars
    Lou Caldarola - Drums, Percussion

Thanks to Lou Caldarola for the demo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. As it Was in the Beginning...
    2. Introit (Dove) Psalm 42/Elaison
    3. Agony
    4. King in Exile
    5. Undertow de Wrath
    6. Winter
    7. Hosanna
    8. The Lamb
    9. Alleluia
    10. ...And so it Shall Be

The Lamb:

Hidden Link:
    Use the "THANKS" button. Spam, flooding, meaningless, one word or short non-sense posts (Great, Wow, Thank You, etc) NOT allowed.
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

There is another demo Bill did with the drummer of System Addict called DIVINION after Dominion. It was the last piece of music Bill recorded. It is a 4 song demo that is EXTREMELY rare as only a handful of copies were given out. I will find mine and transfer it and upload it ASAP!

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

I apologize for not getting this posted but I am actually remastering it. I want to deliver the quality you all deserve. I will get this posted ASAP!

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

hi50metalmaniac wrote:
    metalasylum1 wrote:There is another demo Bill did with the drummer of System Addict called DIVINION after Dominion. It was the last piece of music Bill recorded. It is a 4 song demo that is EXTREMELY rare as only a handful of copies were given out. I will find mine and transfer it and upload it ASAP!

I hate when people say this but they don't deliver. So disappointing.

The Dominion demo should be up shortly. This demo is an absolute gem! I had it re-mastered from the DAT masters so the quality is nice and punchy! Sorry it took so long but I think it was worth the wait being re-mastered.

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

The true Setlist :

1-Introit (Dove) Psalm 42
    2-Elaison
    3-Agony
    4-King In Exile
    5-Undertow de Wrath
    6-Winter
    a)Pulse