Demos [Speed / Thrash] » Клиника (aka Klinika) (Rus) - Пту Метал Рок [Live Demo] (1989)
  • https://i.postimg.cc/tTVSJqKY/folder.jpg

Band: КЛИНИКА (Klinika)
    Genre: Heavy/Thrash Metal
    Release: Soundboard live demo tape
    Title: ПТУ МЕТАЛ РОК
    Year: 1989
    Bitrate: mp3 - 320 kbps

Info:

Live demo still for this russian band still not listed on their Metal Archives page.

Tracklist:

1 - саша семин
    2 - вова клюев
    3 - фантомас
    4 - любит металл 8 а

Hidden Link
    Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

It's very special band about low life at Soviet vocational and training schools – lot of very special humour for those who grown up in late Soviets.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 33

nonseinormale65 wrote:Release: Soundboard live demo tape
    Live demo still for this russian band still not listed on their Metal Archives page.

Guess this can only added by a Russian metalhead who owns the release physically.
    I doubt this was released as cassette tape (are you really sure about that?), I´ve hints this to be a reel-to-reel ep (without cover).
    And if this is a dubbed R2R or MC copy, it isn´t an official release by M-A rules and cannot be added anyhow.

Edit (2020-Apr-27):
    So from what I read at Denis´ post, Metal-Archives seem to be right as they list Клиника/Klinika´s complete official disocgraphy.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 926

Back then, in the end of 80s, Soviet indie rock-bands had been recording their demos/albums to reel-to-reel tapes in order to provide their copies to local s.c. «studios» that were illegally distributing foreign music by copying vinyls (and later CDs) to customers' reel-tapes and cassettes for a fair price, and also were helping Soviet bands to promote their music. This is how Aria, Korrozia Metalla and many other bands got famous.

Personally I don't think there were demo-tapes (in terms of cassette tape format) of Soviet/Russian bands until 1991-1992 (some exceptions are possible of course). Also this is why it's difficult to talk over Soviet demo tapes – those weren't demo-tapes in terms of Western indie-scene… Because the customer hadn't been buying the pre-recorded tape with music and some cover/insert but had been paying to record some demo-stuff to his own blank tape. There were no official demo distros and mailorders in Soviets, and none cares if any indie-recording was demo or album or smth else.

• 3 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

This is not a demo. Just a concert recording, there were several of them. But, either officially, such recordings were not distributed by the group and the Moscow Rock Laboratory ...
    Here is a little explanation ... The Klinika group was a member of the so-called Moscow Rock Laboratory. Among other projects of the Moscow Rock Laboratory at different times, during its existence from 1986 to 1992, there were such groups as the “Black Obelisk” , “Female Disease”, “Korrozia Metalla”, “Mafia”, “Legion”, “Hard Day”, “A-y”, “E.S.T.” and "Shah" (until 1987). Moscow Rock Laboratory organized the release by the group two magnetic albums(tapes) - “Lottery Ticket” and “Wonderland.” They were released on bobbins and cassettes without any design (the cover on metal archives is a fake), just with a track list printed on typewriter. Also, the Moscow rock laboratory managed to organize the release of 7 "EP" Toxicoman / P.T.U. on firma Melodya.
    And only these two magneto albums(tapes) plus 7 "EP are the official releases of the group, released when it existed. Also at 2002 was released the compilation on CD , it is also included in the official discography.

• 4 likes this
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Denis

Topics Solved: 7

And 2 cents more about Soviet artworks and covers: it's of no doubt that some Soviet bands have made the artwork for their demo-albums back then. Otherwise it has to know – until 1991 or 1992 all copying machines in USSR were registered in KGB to control their runs and there was no easy way to make a print-run of covers for the demo-album.
    Since there was no mailorders for underground scene in USSR, artwork didn't make real sense – the band could make some tapes with covers for the friends in touch, but most of audience was detached from direct contacts with the bands.
    S.c. «studios» have been using reel-to-reel "master tapes" with band-name, year of recording and track-list (lot of albums had no title at all, just like "Album 1987") – all this info was included to typewritten catalogues so any fan could make an order and to recopy this info from the catalogue manually. And yeah, no any artwork of course :)

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

This is for illustration ..
    Cassette with two magnetic albums of the Klinika group and two sheets from the catalog of the so-called recording studios of that time in USSR.

https://i.ibb.co/WgmtNCj/pic-03.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sPGNxDH/mrl06.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/tKRbQ0d/mrl07.jpg

• 1 likes this
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Denis

Topics Solved: 7

« Return to Demos [Speed / Thrash]