Albums [Speed / Thrash] » Sepultura (Bra) - Schizophrenia [Original Cogumelo Mix] (1987) [Vinyl Rip]
  • http://i.imgur.com/97Q8a.jpg

Artist: Sepultura
    Release: Schizophrenia
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 224 kbit
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ripped directly from my vinyl copy.

I've also included the reversed backward message from the intro as a bonus.

Here's some information about the different mixes:
    On 26 and 27 August 1990 Sepultura were in the CJ studio in Belo Horizonte to re-record 'Troops Of Doom' for the re-release of 'Schizophrenia'. Max: "We wanted Scott Burns to re-mix the whole album totally, and we wanted to record two extra songs as a bonus for the CD, 'Troops Of Doom' and 'Anti-Christ'. In the end we had to scrap the second song because we could only get two days of studio time booked.
    We were very happy with Scott's re-mix, but you could hardly call it a re-mix. Our old record company was so smart they had erased the 16 track master tapes to use for something else. All Scott had to work with was a two track tape which was made to press up the album".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Intro
    2. From The Past Comes The Storms
    3. To The Wall
    4. Escape To The Void
    5. Inquisition Symphony (Instrumental)
    6. Screams Behind The Shadows
    7. Septic Schizo
    8. The Abyss (Instrumental)
    9. R.I.P. (Rest In Pain)
    Germany (de) Male 

Topics Solved: 0

thx so much!!!! this is definitive sounding version of Schizophrenia!!!
    I'd really love to listen to it in 24/192 hi resolution though, if u could kindly rip it in that format......
    Random avatar
    China (cn) Male

@awpshotdown: Sorry, I don't have time to re-record the whole album again, right now. Maybe in the future...

I've re-uploaded the mp3 files again. (cheers1)
    Germany (de) Male 

Thanks a lot!
    I've been searching the original vinyl rip for a long time. I have listened to all the versions of this album, and it seems to me that the recording of the guitars let its sounding frying, as you can hear in the beginning of To The Wall, I though this was from the remasters series because they boosted the sound too loud, but it seems the rhythm guitars was already originally recorded that way, fried.
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Simon

I've uploaded the album again. Link works now... (cheers1)

• 4 likes this
    Germany (de) Male 

New link, same properties
    Hidden Link

• 4 likes this
    NO Zippyshare, thanx...
    Bringer of Steel
    Italy (it) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Tony

Topics Solved: 207

is there any CD version with the original mix?
    And "The Sepultura Remasters" with 4 bonus tracks include the remixed version or the original first mix?

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 4

so, according to a private message, the only CD version with the original Cogumelo mix is the one on Shark Records. And all the other CD version come from the 1990 remix?
    Wasn't tere any Cogumelo CD version made between 1987-1990 pre-remixed version?
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 4

jnfernal wrote:so, according to a private message, the only CD version with the original Cogumelo mix is the one on Shark Records. And all the other CD version come from the 1990 remix?
    Wasn't tere any Cogumelo CD version made between 1987-1990 pre-remixed version?

What little I know about it, yes, the CD version of Shark Records is the only one with the original mix. However, I believe that they didn't use the original masters, but used the vinyl itself as a source. And I also can't say if this release from Shark Records is in fact official (at least Morbid Visions, I've heard reports and seen interviews with the band that indicated it wasn't). I don't remember the first album in CD format that Cogumelo released, but it was certainly after 1987. I believe that if there is this 1987 version on Cogumelo's CD, it is possibly a bootleg. All CD versions are sourced from the remaster that Roadrunner Records made in 1990. However, the 1991 Japanese edition of Far East Metal Syndicate is the one with the best sound quality from CD editions and the closest to the original mix.

• 4 likes this

Topics Solved: 6

According to Metal Archives there is a 1987 Cogumelo CD version.

Anyway it's a sin what Cogumelo did with the 16 track master tapes! That explains why there was never a trully remixed version of this album.
    Random avatar
    Brazil (br) Male

sektor wrote:According to Metal Archives there is a 1987 Cogumelo CD version.

There is a misunderstanding in the information on this CD that I cannot say (which is why I never asked someone to change this information on there). As I said before, Cogumelo didn't release any CDs until the 90s (the ones I saw were released in conjunction with the Estúdio Eldorado label - which curiously owned the rights to Roadrunner releases in Brazil at the time). I don't know if Schizophrenia was released in Brazil that way on CD in the 90's (I never saw it), but I'm sure that this CD was not released in 1987 (because, as it could have been released in 1987 with a bonus song that was re-recorded in 1990?). If it does exist officially, it was released in the 90s, and like most, with Scott Burns' "re-mixing".

sektor wrote:Anyway it's a sin what Cogumelo did with the 16 track master tapes! That explains why there was never a trully remixed version of this album.

I don't think they did it just with this album, but with all of their master tapes (at least with the tapes recorded in the 80's). Well, I never heard any of those digipack re-releases that Cogumelo did to compare with the originals releases.

• 3 likes this

Witchking wrote:There is a misunderstanding in the information on this CD that I cannot say (which is why I never asked someone to change this information on there). As I said before, Cogumelo didn't release any CDs until the 90s (the ones I saw were released in conjunction with the Estúdio Eldorado label - which curiously owned the rights to Roadrunner releases in Brazil at the time). I don't know if Schizophrenia was released in Brazil that way on CD in the 90's (I never saw it), but I'm sure that this CD was not released in 1987 (because, as it could have been released in 1987 with a bonus song that was re-recorded in 1990?). If it does exist officially, it was released in the 90s, and like most, with Scott Burns' "re-mixing".

Look at this:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB ... o-raro-_JM
    Random avatar
    Brazil (br) Male

How can a 1987 CD have a bonus 1990 remixed Scott Burns track?

• 3 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

Third image of this site:

https://i.ibb.co/CMnyM3P/SCDS.png

"Re-mastered August 1990 by Mike Fuller at Fullersound, Miami, Florida
    Bonus track "Troops of Doom" recorded August 26-27, 1990 on 16 tracks at J.G. Studios, Belo Horizonte, Brazil"

With the exception of the Shark Records CD (which probably used the sound of vinyl instead of the original master tape), all CD versions are based on this 1990 remaster (and released after that). My question now is about the veracity of this CD, if that is in fact genuine, because I heard rumors from brazilian friends that several russian bootlegs were being sold on this site as official.

EDIT: I did a quick search here and it seems that this CD is official, because Vela Produções released some Sepultura albums on CD (besides Schizophrenia, they released Morbid Visions along Bestial Devastation and Arise - the ones I found), but all them after 1990 (according to wikipedia, Vela Produções was founded in 1991).

• 2 likes this

Yes you're right friends.

At least now we know this Cogumelo ID CD.COG 009 edition really exist officially, the only error on Metal Archives page is the release year. It should be moved from 1987 to 1991 (or later).

And as you said before concerning audio quality, let's take the original vinyl rip from this topic or the 1991 japanese CD edition and discard the other ones. An enhanced version will never see the light of day because of Cogumelo's negligence.
    Random avatar
    Brazil (br) Male

« Return to Albums [Speed / Thrash]