Singles [NWOBHM] » Harvest Moon (UK) - Tales Of Wonder / Take A Dream [Single] (1981)
  • https://i.imgur.com/QdVRRbJ.jpg

HARVEST MOON - Tales Of Wonder 7" (1981) UK
    Charisma Records CB 386
    320kbps
    ►Dead Link, re-up: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=689#p199621
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    01. Tales Of Wonder
    02. Take A Dream

Steve "Pablo" Jones - Vocals (WHITE TYGRZ, KARAC)
    John "Mogga" Morris - Bass (SWAN, CHARLIE, WHITE TYGRZ, SCRATCH, DIZZY MAMA, BADGER BELL)
    Glynn Porrino - Guitar (STEPPING STONES, NIGHTWING, WHITE TYGRZ, KARAC)
    Tony "Sully "O'Sullivan - Drums (STEPPING STONES, SULLYSIXTY)
    Dave Evans - Keyboards (STEPPING STONES)

HARVEST MOON were a five piece NWOBHM band from North Wales, who originally formed in early 1979 from the ashes of a prior act called STEPPING STONES.
    From the start they were a popular live draw in their home country, playing countless club dates and supporting larger bands passing through.
    The band also gigged hard in the North West Of England, which brought them to the attention of Manchester's Smile Records label.
    1980 saw Harvest Moon release their first record, the 3 song "The Lion And The Snake" EP, released on Smile.
    Harvest Moon then won the Radio City FM Battle Of The Bands contest at Liverpool Empire in 1980, where the judges were former THIN LIZZY guitarist Gary Moore, RAINBOW's Graham Bonnet and DEEP PURPLE/GILLAN vocalist Ian Gillan.
    As a result of this exposure the band signed a contract with Charisma Records.
    However their only Charisma release was to be the excellent "Tales Of Wonder" 7" released in 1981.
    The record sold well in Wales and was championed by DJ Tommy Vance who played it often on his BBC Radio 1 Friday Rock Show.
    Charisma sadly decided not to pick up Harvest Moon's option after the label was bought by new owners and dropped the band from their roster.
    After this the band opted to shorten their name to THE MOON, and tried to build up their profile again.
    Under this name they played to the biggest crowd of their career at a festival at Wrexham Football Ground in 1982 alongside MOTORHEAD, TWISTED SISTER, TANK, RAVEN, ORION & RAMPANT ANTICS.
    This was to prove to be another false dawn however, with a split coming in late 1983.
    Guitarist Glynn Porrino then went on to join NIGHTWING, first appearing on record with them on the 1985 live album " A Night Of Mystery - Alive! Alive!".
    Porrino remained with Nightwing until the band split in 1988, at which point he formed Hard Rock band WHITE TYGRZ with ex-Harvest Moon members "Pablo" Jones & bassist "Mogga".
    Porrino rejoined the reformed Nightwing in 1996 in time for their "Natural Survivors/VI" album.
    He remains with the band to this day, and appears on their most recent release 2008's "8472".
    Tony "Sully "O'Sullivan is still active in the world of music, recording and gigging under the name SULLYSIXTY.
    Bassist John "Mogga" Morris has also kept busy in music, playing in CHARLIE and DIZZY MAMA, and now gigging with BADGER BELL.
    Nowadays, singer Steve "Pablo" Jones is a well respected artist, but still plays music too, and has reunited with Porrino in a Blues Rock band called KARAC.
    Jones also recently released a solo album entitled "Pablo's Gone Bouzouki".

art & txt included

(clap4)

No PW
    ctme
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Fantastic single! thanks for sharing.
    There also exist a live clip for "Tales of Wonder" recorded at Granada T.V. in 1981
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1420

I read an interview with the singer where he talked about the Granada TV performance in 1981, he's still seriously pissed off that they rolled the credits before the band got to the epic guitar solo section of the song!
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

riptorn wrote:I read an interview with the singer where he talked about the Granada TV performance in 1981, he's still seriously pissed off that they rolled the credits before the band got to the epic guitar solo section of the song!

Understandable! (scream)
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1420

Ain't live a bitch? I mean, a contract with Charisma Records, supreme songs, TV-Presence and what did they gain, being one the best kept secrets of the era. At least we can we can enjoy the music now, thanks!
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

(metal2) one of the best nwobhm singles ever in my opinion .... i was floored when i first heard Tommy Vance play this on the Friday Rock Show all those years ago.

Topics Solved: 0

Saw them live in 1980 at Eirias High School in concert!
    Random avatar
    United Kingdom (uk) Male
    Name: Peter Jones

Topics Solved: 0

New link: DEAD

• 10 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Michael

Topics Solved: 866

RE-UP:   Harvest Moon (Wls) - Tales of Wonder [single] (1981)
    Bitrate:  cbr320
    Hidden Link → To see this 'hidden' link click one of the green buttons on the right: Thank for Post or Thumb up

Requested by Cheeber, credits to Riptorn.

• 4 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 926

« Return to Singles [NWOBHM]