Singles [NWOBHM] » Left Hand Drive (UK) - Jailbait / Motorway Crow [Single] (1977)
  • https://i.imgur.com/1wsf3wf.png

Artist: Left Hand Drive
    Release: Jailbait / Motorway Crow, Single Nov 1977
    Label: Bancrupt Records #BECK 611
    Genre: Punk / Rock 'n' Roll / Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 160kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requested by jasonkont. All creds to SingSingRecords Blog
    Their 2nd single can be found here: Who Said Rock and Roll is Dead 7", 1978

Bio (written by the band)
    LEFT HAND DRIVE were a group from Northampton UK, originally formed in about 1973. The first version was a twin lead guitar set up with bass, drums and a singer. The leader was Dave Clemo along with Jack Swann and Gary Tyla on vocals. I can't remember the names of the drummer and bassist. I joined as bass player in 1974 and soon after Tommy Kerr joined on the drums and Steve Parrish replaced Gary Tyla as singer. All this sounds a bit like Dallas( without the oil, Sue Ellen... or the money). Anyway, the first version folded in 1976 with Dave Clemo leaving and Martin Harney taking over on vocals. This was the group that released two singles ( Jailbait/ Motorway Crow and Who Said Rock and Roll Is Dead/ I Know Where I Am) on our own Bancrupt Records label. Left Hand Drive split in 1979 with me and Jack Swann forming The Russians. Jack died a couple of years ago . I'm still going strong!

Martin Harney - Vocals
    Jack Swann - Guitars (The Russians) R.I.P.
    John Brassett - Bass, Backing Vocals (Windlord, The Russians, The John Brasset Group)
    Tommy Kerr - Drums
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Jailbait
    2. Motorway Crow
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1421

« Return to Singles [NWOBHM]