Singles [NWOBHM] » Supreme Warrior (UK) - Treading the Tightrope [Single] (1983)
  • http://i.imgur.com/CbBT1Ug.png

Artist: Supreme Warrior
    Release: Treading the Tightrope
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Info:
    One of the rarest and worst to come out of England, sorry I really think it's very borring but might interest some for compeltism reasons.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Treading the tightrope
    2. Mad and cynical
    Mik
    Bringer of Steel
    Name: Mik

Topics Solved: 7

STUPIDLY RARE RECORD. Private pressing that received no distribution and was only sold at the very few gigs they had in and around Essex. lol

note from the seller on popsike:
    There were only 500 copies pressed, mostly sold at the handful of gigs that the band performed

I was the drummer and supplied vocals on these recordings.

“Supreme Warrior” was from the Southend / Basildon area of Essex, England and never really escaped aside from a handful of appearances at the "Ruskin Arms", East Ham, London and Dingwalls in Camden, London.

I have no idea as to the state of the pressing because I haven’t owned a record deck for 20 years but visually it looks fine..

There are some ink marks on one of the labels, which is how the disc arrived from the pressing plant. Hence it was never sold at the time and has been hidden in a box for the last thirty years.

The disc is supplied in a plain paper sleeve ; (it never had a picture sleeve).

Sadly, I lost contact with the other members of the band. Hopefully they all still alive!

If you are out there guys, feel free to get in touch although I’m not looking for any “Spinal Tap” reunions…. .:-)

The tracks were recorded at “RightTrack” Studio (long-since disappeard) in Southend-on-sea, which as I recall was a converted storeroom behind a Fishmongers shop…

The single master disc was cut by the lengendary Rock’n’Roll engineer “Bobbin Bob” Jones at “Delane Lee” Studios, Wembley, U.K., whose work included some of the great Elvis albums amongst others,and has his signature engraved in the outgrooves of the disc.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Iran (ir) Male
    Name: Al

Topics Solved: 28

« Return to Singles [NWOBHM]