Singles [NWOBHM] » [DEAD LINK] Stormtrooper (UK-Isle of Wight) - I'm A Mess [Single] (1977)

• THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS.
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK SUBMITTED REUPLOAD REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

https://i.imgur.com/de56lWO.png

Artist: Stormtrooper
    Release: Im A Mess / Its Not Me, Single 1977
    Genre: Punk / NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 192kbps
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requested

An Isle of Wight band that had split up in 1975 - Stormtrooper formed and disbanded in a fury before punk rock arose out of the ashes of glam and pub rock. The band formed at the bar in the Marquee Club by British front man Nigel Hutchings and American bassist Jeff Piccinini, who recruited John Pilka on guitar and Mike Lee on drums. They recorded a 4 song demo in August 1975, then signed with Corruption Management on the Portobello Road for a couple of pints and some distant promises. After having their songs rejected by one record company after another, and the band also being "Financially Destitute", desertion set in.

The band played only one gig at the Bath Pavilion, then split-up. Deciding that their music had something in common with the new punk style, they cut a single from their demo of 1975 I'm A Mess / Its Not Me, and finally released it in 1977 on Solent Records, seeling all 3,000 copies in or around London, most with a promotional button badge. This debut single was described by the British music press as "the sound of a commuter being shoved under a tube train in the rush hour, one for howling at the moon and a tale of drunkenness in the wild of Soho"

You'll either think it was ahead of its time and good, or just bad heavy rock. Take your pick. The band weren't consciously trying to play punk, so the story goes, but were accidentally ahead of their time due to their ineptitude. Stormtrooper (IoW) are most famous because Sid Vicious wore the promotional button on the lapel of his leather jacket during the Sex Pistols ill fated 1978 American tour, and Wreckless Eric wore it in the photo used for front sleeve of his album.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/stormtrooper(united-kingdom).aspx?ac=stormtrooper
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Im A Mess
    2. Its Not Me
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

« Return to Singles [NWOBHM]