EPs [Heavy / Power] » [DEAD LINK] Vanguard (Swe) - V [EP] (1985) + Bonus
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK SUBMITTED REQUESTS BEFORE POSTING A NEW ONE!

http://i.imgur.com/BNPwj.png

Artist: Vanguard
    Release: Vanguard, EP 1985
    Label: Private #VAN 8408 MX
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    ►Dead Link
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ralf "Raffe" Wernborg - Vocals
    Sven-Erik "Sverka / Swempa" Wernborg - Guitars
    Stefan Rosell - Guitars
    Mikael "Micke" Andersson - Bass (Blackmail)
    Eric "Erca" Lindesvärd - Drums

Guest:
    Peo Axelsson - Guitars (on "Heavy Metal Paradise") (Blackmail, King's Club, Enforce, Poleaxe, Shabby June, The Teenagers, POA,s, Tant Grön)

Recorded 1984 at S-Studio, Jönköping.
    Engineered by Lennart Wass and Claes B Drangel.
    Mixed at JNPG LP-Station by Lennart Wass.
    V-logo and album artwork designed by Vanguard and sound engineer Claes B Drangel.
    Updated V-logo artwork for poster by Andreas Lindahl.
    The record went to market in 1985 in Sweden, France and the UK
    (with collaboration by the distribution company RDC)
    The labels and sleeves have no info about the release year so I followed Metal-Archives info (1985),
    however I just discovered VANGUARDS Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/originalvanguard
    and it clearly states 1984 as the record date. Also the sleeve spine (is that the correct word?) title it as just VANGUARD.

This is a new rip from the LP.

Edit: Read the info at VANGUARDS site again and it says that the LP went to the market in 1985...
    So guess 1985 is the correct year afterall.

The record went to market in 1985 in Sweden, France and the UK, thanks to collaboration with distribution company RDC. It was probably a bad deal though. The band never saw any money coming in. (We get a lot of inquiries from record collectors for the 1984 MLP. Sadly, there are no original copies left for sale. If you have the record it would be nice to hear from you. Please, drop us a line.)

BIO

The band was formed in 1982 under the name POLEAXE by bass player Micke Andersson and guitarist Peo Axelsson.
    Micke and Peo already knew each other well from playing together in the punk band BLACKMAIL (released the 7"
    single 'Statusjakt' on Pang Records in 1982). The brothers, Swempa and Raffe Wernborg, joined the line-up a few
    months later. In the summer of 1982, drummer Erca Lindesvärd was asked to join the band. Peo left in 1983 to start
    his own band KING'S CLUB. Guitarist Stefan Rosell, who lived in Stockholm took his place. The second line-up was
    born.

The members thought it would be a good idea to change the band name. The new band name VANGUARD was
    originally Micke's idea, when he and Erca was brainstorming one day, inspired by books, in search of name
    candidates that could help them to conquer the world. The new band logo was designed by the band's sound
    engineer Claes B Drangel. It has the graphical shape of a capital V. "V" is not only the first letter in the band's
    name. It also represents the number of band members; a roman FIVE.

The band attended Rock-SM in 1987 where former guitarist Peo Axelsson also attended with his bands KING'S CLUB
    and ENFORCE. VANGUARD won the first two finals performing two songs. Newly written "All Night Long" (which was
    included on the 'Double-Up' compilation) and a re-arranged version of THE ARCHIES well-known hit "Sugar Sugar".
    At that time, the band took in keyboard player Per-Anders Forsén, to create a thicker rock sound. Erca left the
    drumstool just prior to break-up. He was replaced by Lubbe Johansson, a good friend of all VANGUARD members,
    and former drummer in Peo's band KING'S CLUB. With Lubbe behind the drum kit in 1988, VANGUARD did a few
    gigs, and an awesome live recording. After the break-up in 1988 the members split into two bands; AVENUE (later
    LONE RANGER) and DEJA VU.

VANGUARD reunion gigs took place in 2004 and 2006. In 2007 the members of the band celebrated their 25th
    anniversary. All band members are still musically active. Some of them are related to bands like SKROT, CHRISTER
    N PETERSSONS, PSEUDO SUN, GURANISTEN, LIMETREESWORD and CHARLOTTE THE HARLOT.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Scare for the Future
    2. H.M. Paradise
    3. Beast on the Run
    4. Lady of Madness
    5. Dancin' (Live 1988)
    6. Sugar, Sugar (Rehearsal 1987)
    7. All Night Long (from Double Up '87 comp)
    8. All Night Long (Unreleased Album)
    9. We Rock (Solo Part) (Unreleased Album)
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1468

I love this simple yet effective cover (even if it is not in black,alas). One look and you know you will like it. Powerful yet melodic metal, great! Thanks for the upload!
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

Strapp, you had posted this at the old blog (in 192) with just the original tracks. But the year was 1985 and the title was "V". Here it's s/t and the date 1984, and also has the bonus tracks - are these from a CD-reissue of the EP?
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

« Return to EPs [Heavy / Power]