Record Questions » Mandator - Initial Velocity CD Bootleg or Legit
Awesome Can't Wait for Those Bands to Get Propper Reisues

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

good points, Eddiemetal. It is truly a case of being an educated buyer. I also bought many reissue cds that turned out badly. Oh well, live and learn. I do think though that, once you know it's a boot, don't buy it since you can just make the cd yourself and why support these scum? There are several record shops I used to buy from (I'm thinking of Sonic Age, Karthago, etc) where I don't anymore, since I found out the hard way that their catalogs are riddled with bootlegs.
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Wow That's New for Me Couse i Baught to Reisues By Both Record Companys But Their Not Bootlegs But to Find Out That Their Record Store is Overtaken by Bootlegs is Sad They Should Know Better Than to Sell Bootegs

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:Wow That's New for Me Couse i Baught to Reisues By Both Record Companys But Their Not Bootlegs But to Find Out That Their Record Store is Overtaken by Bootlegs is Sad They Should Know Better Than to Sell Bootegs

i think what he's saying is that some of their catalogue is made up of bootlegs. I have good luck with The Omega Order, and Nuclear blast. BTW can anyone recommend a good USA retail CD shop online that specializes in Metal, other than Omega Order? the only other one, besides the obvious NB and Century Media, that I know of that's trustworthy is Rockadrome.com, and CDInzane.com. And I'm not to keen on having things shipped overseas.
United States (us) Male  YouTube 
Name: Edwin

Topics Solved: 1

witchcross wrote:good points, Eddiemetal. It is truly a case of being an educated buyer. I also bought many reissue cds that turned out badly. Oh well, live and learn. I do think though that, once you know it's a boot, don't buy it since you can just make the cd yourself and why support these scum? There are several record shops I used to buy from (I'm thinking of Sonic Age, Karthago, etc) where I don't anymore, since I found out the hard way that their catalogs are riddled with bootlegs.

Yes, if at all possible, avoid lining the pockets of bootleggers, not so much to help the original record labels get THEIR money(because we all know they themselves rip off the artists that created the music they're selling), but because, like you said, the merchandise they pump out is usually pretty horrible quality. And that is 'scum'-my. Having said that, I have no problem paying a bootlegger for a CD, if I know it's going to sound good, and the inlay/graphics are decent. I just don't like the fact that they don't take any pride in their illegal activity. If you're going to bootleg CD's for a living and sell them for $50-$300 per disc, then be the best damn bootlegger that ever walked the face of the planet and make quality shit!

I Don't Know That Many USA Retail CD Shops Online that Specializes in Metal But i Do go Alot to No Remorse's Website Wich are the Label That Re-Released the Legendary Mad Butcher's Debut LP Metal Lightning Attack and the Record Lebel Sells Alot of Rare Out of Print Stuff Even New Releases as Well Check 'em Out

Bringer of Steel

Sentinel Steel Records (www.sentinelsteel.com) is absolutely 100% bootleg-free. The owner makes a special effort to weed out any bootlegs among the cds he sells. And the service you get is the best, owned and run by a guy who is 100% a lover of the music and customer-friendly and just an all-around nice guy!

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel

witchcross wrote:Sentinel Steel Records (http://www.sentinelsteel.com) is absolutely 100% bootleg-free. The owner makes a special effort to weed out any bootlegs among the cds he sells. And the service you get is the best, owned and run by a guy who is 100% a lover of the music and customer-friendly and just an all-around nice guy!

I checked this site out awhile ago, mostly because I was trying to track down a CD by a band named Martyrd, and this site sells the Stormspell Records catalog. I didn't end up using them because for one: I inquired about a title and never got a response, and two: the web site looks very messy and disorganized; Like someone who just decided to start selling CD's web site might look like. I didn't trust it and put it in the 'I'll check it out later when they get their shit together' file in the back of my mind.

If you know, and have a good relationship with the guy who owns the label, I could imagine having a much better experience. But for now, no. In the mean time, do me a favor? let him know I think his web site looks like a 2 year old made it, he should think about getting back to people who inquire about his business, and that he lost hundreds of dollars in sales, from me, because of it. I'd do it myself but he probably wouldn't respond...

Eddiemetal wrote:
witchcross wrote:Sentinel Steel Records (http://www.sentinelsteel.com) is absolutely 100% bootleg-free. The owner makes a special effort to weed out any bootlegs among the cds he sells. And the service you get is the best, owned and run by a guy who is 100% a lover of the music and customer-friendly and just an all-around nice guy!

I checked this site out awhile ago, mostly because I was trying to track down a CD by a band named Martyrd, and this site sells the Stormspell Records catalog. I didn't end up using them because for one: I inquired about a title and never got a response, and two: the web site looks very messy and disorganized; Like someone who just decided to start selling CD's web site might look like. I didn't trust it and put it in the 'I'll check it out later when they get their shit together' file in the back of my mind.

If you know, and have a good relationship with the guy who owns the label, I could imagine having a much better experience. But for now, no. In the mean time, do me a favor? let him know I think his web site looks like a 2 year old made it, he should think about getting back to people who inquire about his business, and that he lost hundreds of dollars in sales, from me, because of it. I'd do it myself but he probably wouldn't respond...

It does look a bit messy now, as he explains on the home page, he is converting to a new e-commerce site that will replace the old site. This involves a massive 1-time amount of data-entry. But when it's done it should be much smoother. As for no response to your inquiry, this is really strange. He prides himself on responding to all inquiries within 24 hours. Somehow your mail must not have reached him - this can happen. Don't give up after 1 lost e-mail.
Bringer of Steel

Eddiemetal wrote:

I can confirm the guy is a pro. I was doing bussiness with him from the early days and had nothing negative against him. I have many years to buy from him but my friends that still cooperate with him, consider him totally reliable, as well. I suggest you give him a second chance.
 Male

Topics Solved: 2

Off topic but:

While we're talking about companies making re-releases..
Does anyone remember High Vaultage records? Whatever happened to them?

They re-released stuff like TANK, The Rods, Tokyo Blade.

I have few of their CD's laying around somewhere (like "Tokyo Blade - Night of The Blade, The Night Before") and far as I remember they were nice quality with some extra photos and stuff.
Name: Tane Norther

Topics Solved: 0

and You Are Forgetting They Also Re-released Diamond Head's Lightning to the Nations and Some of Acid's (Belgium) Stuff Too But I'm Not Sure What Even Happened The Record Company Ain't Even Listed on the MA at All But if i Was Ever to Tell You What Happened to the Record Company i Would Say the Status Would Be Unknown or Closed But if it's Possible They Could Be Active But Not Re-Releasing Anything But Just Release New Releases Like Right Now Metal Mind Productions is Not Re-Releasing Anything Right Now But Just Releasing New Releases Like the Upcoming Tank Album War Nation

Bringer of Steel

Ok, thanks everyone for the info. I'll give it another shot.

This topic is missing pictures of the front ,back and cd. You should really take some pictures, either to inform us or to let us help you better.

...Well, I took your advice and gave them another shot. First, I signed up for their e-mail list, and figured I'd eventually see something in an e-mail they sent me that I might want. Sure enough, the next day I got an e-mail and in it was something that I wanted! Yay!Mind you, this was an 'updated', "this is what we have in stock right now as of 05/31/2012" e-mail. So I thought "Hey, they probably have this stuff that's listed on here in stock, because that's what the NEW, UPDATED stock list says..!" So, I went through the proper motions to go about obtaining the CD that I wanted, one of which was, as you know, sending an e-mail to DENNIS FROM SENTINEL STEEL, to secure, and at the very least, inquire about a certain title that you hope to purchase. So, I did this, and a few hours later, I got a response..."Duh, hey, we don't have that CD in stock. We have these OTHER ONES here, that you can get, but not THAT one.." Do I really need to go any further with this???

WHY, WHY, WHY, would you put something in a NEW e-mail, as a NEW, UPDATED, IN STOCK list, and send it out to people, if you weren't even sure if you really had it... IN STOCK?!?!?!? I wish technology would allow people to physically reach through their computers to the other side of whomever you were dealing with...

Wow That's Kinda Stupid, Don't Blame the Technology for that Problem, Blame the Guy Who Send the Email of the OUT OF STOCK Item, the Guy Should Have Knew That the CD You Wanted Was OUT OF STOCK in the First Place, or He Suddenly Forgot That it Was OUT OF STOCK, Just Saying

Bringer of Steel

Make no mistake. I do, in fact, blame the guy!

Back to the subject of the initial post; can you upload images of your CD/back/front/inlay of the Mandator disc you bought? Some of us are curious...

Yes, I Don't Have a Scanner But i Got a Cammera So if You Guys Want Me to Take Some Pictures of the CD Then I'm Willing to Do it

Edit: Just Found a Site That Had the Same Bootleg as Mine and Guess What Pictures Were Put up Here are Some of the Pictures But i Can't Seem to Post the Pictures Here But i Can Give Out a Link to the Darn Thing

Link:http:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2Fcsa0303%2F80127003759&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2FPostView.nhn%3FblogId%3Dcsa0303%26logNo%3D80127003759&ei=vVnKT_KSN4OS9QSvpuyrDw&usg=AFQjCNFWCarFrNns8Cq4ik906_37gTXCXw&cad=rja

Bringer of Steel

re-up please come on !!!!!!!!!!!!

-2 reputation votes
Banned
Venezuela (ve) Male
Name: pichileon

pichileon wrote:re-up please come on !!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, not to be a dick but this album has never been posted here at the forum. sorry dude.

Bringer of Steel

« Return to Record Questions