Record Questions » X (Jpn) Sonic Sheet Version of Kurenai - does it exist for real?
I see on Metallum that this "single" (Kurenai, Sonic Sheet Version) is referenced, but is there any real evidence of it existing?
Is there any better photo of the cover, etc?
Link: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/X_ ... eet/372731
Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

The M-A user MHLUNA24 apparently owns a copy of it, perhaps try throwing him/her an email, might be able to tell you more. I personally have never seen it, but there's tons of other rare demos I've never seen before either so It could very well be out there.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

Isn't this the version?
Name: David

Topics Solved: 2

Dejv wrote:

Isn't this the version?

Apparently it's the same as the "Original Japanese Version", but I can only find evidence of the version with the piano intro being ripped from a flexi disc and not a CD (audible pops). I see no real evidence that it exists except for that Metallum page, and the picture of the cover is incredible small and impossible to read - and I am looking for that evidence.
Sweden (se) Male

Upon doing a bit of research, I found this link:
http://xxxxxx.uunyan.com/x/x-dis1.html

According to this, it was actually released in 1989 and was released at the On Air venue, although Wiki says it didn't open until 1991? And when it first opened, it could only fit 1000 people max, and by then, X were filling arenas. I can't imagine them playing to a 1000-max venue personally, so maybe it was released as some sort of special in the venue for a pressing of 1000 copies? But that would contradict the info about On Air opening in 1991. This bit of info makes it even more intriguing, I think lol.
Name: R.M.

japanmetalcorps wrote:Upon doing a bit of research, I found this link:
http://xxxxxx.uunyan.com/x/x-dis1.html

According to this, it was actually released in 1989 and was released at the On Air venue, although Wiki says it didn't open until 1991? And when it first opened, it could only fit 1000 people max, and by then, X were filling arenas. I can't imagine them playing to a 1000-max venue personally, so maybe it was released as some sort of special in the venue for a pressing of 1000 copies? But that would contradict the info about On Air opening in 1991. This bit of info makes it even more intriguing, I think lol.

I think that I see 6.10 on that cover.
They happened to have played at "日比谷野外音楽堂" that date (1989.06.10), and on the Kurenai single, a live recording was taken from that show. Could it be a promo CD from there?
Sweden (se) Male

« Return to Record Questions