Record Questions » Mandator - Initial Velocity CD Bootleg or Legit
  • I Baught This CD in November 2011 at a Record Store Called Recycled Records and Was Stoked to Find it But on the Back of the Inlay Cover i Can't Find Any Release Date and on the Back of the CD the Matrix Sais USDM 4343 MANDATOR 19421-1 i Looked at The Correseum and There Was Desuction on the Fact That this Could Be a Bootleg But Can You Tell Me if This is a Bootleg or a Legit CD

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

The only legit CD is the original Disaster press. That serial number is definitely not a legit Disaster number. That serial number, if I remember right, belongs to the so-called "Speed Metal Attack" series, which is a more recent factory-pressed bootleg with full artwork. Does the booklet have inside, Speed Metal Attack series? There are other bootlegs too - a guy in Puerto Rico made bootlegs out of the Mandators, Angel Dusts, etc, but I don't remember those fake numbers.

But it's definitely not the original Disaster press. Sorry!

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Yes, It Has the Lirycs to the Songs But Nothing Realy About Speed Metal Attack Series Knowing That the Disaster Records Logo Apears on the Back and the CD Plus it Has the Compact Disc Logo Plus the Disc Ain't No CD-R and There is No Release Date Nor the Original Release Date

Bringer of Steel

The Disaster CD has the release date both on the back tray-card and on the CD itself. But that serial number is a giveaway that it's not the Disaster CD. If yours isn't the Speed Metal Attack Series bootleg, then I think it's the Puerto Rican one.
    Bringer of Steel

How Many Time Did This Album Get Bootlegged Couse it Seems to Me How Did the Guy Get a Hold of it and Sell it at Recycled Records Couse Everytime i Go on to Amazon.com, Ebay & MusicStack i Can't Find the CD Nor There is No Information on the MA Has Any Records of it Being Bootlegged So This is One Crazy Find Plus i Downloaded it Before i Baught it and the Sound Quality Sounded Great But Since Hearing About This New Information it Makes Me Wonder if There is More Bootlegs of This Classic Gem Floating Around But Thanks

Bringer of Steel

If it sounds good, has all the artwork, and is a replicated (silver disc) CD, then who gives a s**t if it's a bootleg! It's not like you're taking food out of their children's mouths by buying it. But, if it pains you so badly to own this (gasp!) possible 'bootleg'...Give it away. As a matter of fact, I'll take it! (hehe1)
    United States (us) Male  YouTube 
    Name: Edwin

Topics Solved: 1

No I Ain't Selling it i Just Wanted to Get Some Concrete Information on This CD Since i Could'nt Find Any God Forsaken Information on the MA About it and Since All of the People Here Had Their Experiences With Bootlegs and Legit Copys i Thaught The People Would Respond and They Did But i Found it at a Record Shop in Reno Called Recycled Records Since They Sell Used In Print & Out of Print CD & Vinyl Stuff i Found it Laying Under a Voivod CD and No it Was'nt War and Pain But Some Crappy Best Of With a Stupid Pink Cover But Enough Said I Ain't Selling it But if Anyone Knows a Place or if Anyone is Selling Perfect Progeny in This CD Bootleg Form Please Tell Me or Unless i Find it Floatin' Around for a Much Cheap Ass Price

Bringer of Steel

It seems we have the same Mandator boot. I also have both first Angeldust, probably boots too. The first one is from Scratch Records and the second one is supposed to be from Disaster but it has this "Speed Attack, Metal Series" tag on the CD. All three were bought for low/mid price about 5-6 years ago, before I realise that the market was infested with replicas and without knowing that these were supposed to be rare.
     Male

Topics Solved: 2

Yet My CD Never Realy Has the Speed Attack, Metal Series Tag on it So it Could Be the Puerto Rican Bootleg Copy But am i Mad No i'm Just Suprised But Before i Even Baught it i Knew There Was a CD Pressing and How i Knew is Becouse the Guy Who Runs the Infamous No Life til Metal Site Baught Both Mandator's Initial Velocity & Perfect Progeny But He Never Realy Said About Both Being Bootlegs Here is the Link to See for Yourselfs http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/mandator.htm

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:Yet My CD Never Realy Has the Speed Attack, Metal Series Tag on it So it Could Be the Puerto Rican Bootleg Copy But am i Mad No i'm Just Suprised But Before i Even Baught it i Knew There Was a CD Pressing and How i Knew is Becouse the Guy Who Runs the Infamous No Life til Metal Site Baught Both Mandator's Initial Velocity & Perfect Progeny But He Never Realy Said About Both Being Bootlegs Here is the Link to See for Yourselfs http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/mandator.htm

No,no... Only the second Angeldust of mine, has the "Speed Attack..." tag. The Mandator CD is exactly as you described. It looks decent and not an obvious bootleg so many can be deceived, especially if they aren't aware of the existance of this bootleg.
     Male

Sorry, But i Went on Google Pictures and Looked up Perfect Progeny and This is What i Found http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTjSMUipG3-LHxVQ_eI32YojbrSpDEjO42s_XVMSodvk3LqisV Looks Like That Everyone is Right Here There Was a Record Company Going Around and Bootlegging Some of Our Favorite Metal Gems

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:Sorry, But i Went on Google Pictures and Looked up Perfect Progeny and This is What i Found http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTjSMUipG3-LHxVQ_eI32YojbrSpDEjO42s_XVMSodvk3LqisV Looks Like That Everyone is Right Here There Was a Record Company Going Around and Bootlegging Some of Our Favorite Metal Gems

Hm... This is how my Angel Dust-"To dust you will decay" looks like. So there are at least two different labels bootleg-ing Mandator. The strange thing is that all these bootlegs were emerged in the local market almost the same period of time. Unless it's something similar to the early 00's greek bootlegs, which despite being made by the same person, he used different fake labels to cover his tracks.
     Male

Wow This is Just Crazy Couse the Angel Dust First Two Are Being Sold on Amazon.com Here is the Links to Both http://www.amazon.com/Into-Dark-Past-An ... 701&sr=1-1 http://www.amazon.com/Dust-You-Will-Dec ... 701&sr=1-2 and There is No Jacked Up Price But Anyways Thanks for the Information on the Mandator

Bringer of Steel

Yeah, I also saw the Angel Dust CD's on Amazon. I noticed they're both regular price. Someone should send an email to the seller who has these for sale. Coincidentally, if you go check it out, also look up Pyracanda, and Risk. I think the same company is releasing these same albums for regular price, and at this juncture, would bet that they are all bootlegs.

I'm Actauly Thinking About Buying the Crap in the Next Few Months Couse i Don't Have a Physical Copy

Bringer of Steel

Eddiemetal wrote:If it sounds good, has all the artwork, and is a replicated (silver disc) CD, then who gives a s**t if it's a bootleg! It's not like you're taking food out of their children's mouths by buying it. But, if it pains you so badly to own this (gasp!) possible 'bootleg'...Give it away. As a matter of fact, I'll take it! (hehe1)

One problem Eddiemetal, aside from the obvious forgery issues and the scum way of thought of deceiving unknowledgable people into buying fakes, is that you simply don't know the source of the recording! Many bootlegs are made from mp3/wma files taken from the internet - even crappy 128 kbps files from places like Vibrations of Doom. The bootleggers download these lossy mp3s, then "bloat" them up to false WAV files and burn silver CDs. It doesn't matter if the CD is silver complete with fake barcode and faked artwork, it still is an inferior copy of the real thing and people that buy them in turn upload them to torrent trackers and forums/blogs, where other people download the files and this shit gets spread about more and more.

Better to just download mp3's yourself and make your own CD, if you want the music on CD and don't care about the quality. Why support the scum you seek to steal money from music fans? Buying bootlegs just supports the bootleggers. And while maybe MANDATOR isn't personally harmed anymore in a financial sense, it harms other bands and the market in general is diluted and people are ripped off who expect the real thing.

Now, it's possible the bootleg CD is made from a copy of a genuine CD, so it sounds the same - at least until the CD gets scratched or otherwise damaged, as most boots are printed on el-cheapo inferior CD-media compared to factory originals. Or the CD may be made from a vinyl record. Or a cassette. Or mp3's or wma's. You just don't know with a bootleg.

In this day and age with the net, it's easy to download files yourself, make your own CD, and fuck these bootleggers who are trying to rip people off, who think they are buying the real CD. Any CD burner these days will burn you a CD that will play in any stereo - I know because my $50 burner burns CDs and DVDs that play in every player I have tried them in - home, boombox, car, etc.
    Bringer of Steel

I Just Noticed it the Disc i Looked at the Printage of the Logos and Everything and it Looks the Disaster Logo on the Disc Looks Like He Shortened it on His Computer Using Paint Couse i Do This All the Time it Looks Pixelized and Crap and Everything on it Looks Pixelized am i Mad No I'm Just Laughping My Butt off After Noticing This (Laughing????????) oh Crap????

Bringer of Steel

Take my comment in the way that it was given; It should be a foregone conclusion that I wouldn't want anyone to buy something of inferior quality. My stance is that if it looks, smells, and tastes like a real CD, then you have to assume it's a real CD!! If people aren't knowledgeable enough to atleast know that these bootlegs exist when purchasing them, they deserve to get 'duped'!

For instance; I know that if I buy a brand new Mandator "Initial Velocity" CD from Amazon, and the guy wants $14.99 for it, it's almost definite that it's a bootleg, because I already know that an original copy of said album can be anywhere from $50 to $250. So, if I decide to throw caution to the wind and go out on a limb buying the $12 version on e-bay, It's my fault! Being who we are, and what we do, which appears to be searching out rare underground music (and purchasing it) we should know what were getting into when buying something like this. Nobody throws a used car salesman into jail for selling someone a shitty car...

..And let me add that you don't have to be an evil 'bootlegger' to 'dupe' people with inferior quality CD's. You can be a major record label, too, like...Century Media Records! Who released such quality albums as the 1999 "Unstoppable Force" re-master/reissue, which was taken directly off of an old LP that someone had lying around their apartment! Or how about Metal Mind Records, with their 2007 'remaster/reissue' of "Endless War" which was nothing more than a cassette tape transferred to a .WAV file! BUT, guess what? I, and many other people, bought these CD's thinking they were of a far superior quality than what they ended up being. We rolled the dice. We took a chance. We paid the price...

So, I have a question for Heavythrashhead...does it sound good, and play well in your stereo/computer? Yes? then it was worth $15.00, or whatever you paid for it. And I'm assuming that if you found it lying underneath a Voivod 'best of...' CD at a used record store, it didn't put much of a dent in your wallet...

Yes it Played Realy Awesome and at the Time i Did'nt Know it Was Even a Bootleg But When i Looked at the Matrix Number i Just Punched it in the Google Finder and Came Up a Few Places and Yes it Was Laying Under a Crappy Voivod Best of CD Here is the Cover of That Crappy Voivod CD That it Was Suddenly Laying Under http://www.metal-archives.com/images/2/0/5/2/2052.gif But i Loved Every Minute of it But When it Finaly Get's an Official Release Hopefuly By Metal Mind Productions or Cult Metal Classics i Will Buy it and Could Thinking of Selling this Old Bootleg in the Near Future

• 1 likes this

Bringer of Steel

Trust me, man. Every album we have ever heard will one day be re-released on CD, in some form or another. Another label doing a great job at this time with 'reissues', is Divebomb Records. They just reissued Forte, Cyclone Temple, Deathwish, ect; soon will be reissuing Watchtower, Midas Touch and a bunch of others. Plus, everything they put out is top notch! they don't just throw stuff out there...

« Return to Record Questions