Record Questions »  [SOLVED] Tygers of Pan Tang - Love Don't Stay (Single) 1981
Hey.

According to Malc McMillan's encyclopedia the single version of 'Love Don't Stay' is different to the album version. I haven't heard the single version myself and I cannot find it on youtube as the versions posted on youtube all sound like the album version. Can anyone say for definite if they are different from each other?
I ask because I am trying to put together a compilation of NWOBHM single A-sides and I am trying to keep it as authentic as possible so I don't want to include the album version of 'Love Don't Stay' if it is different from the single version.
Thanks.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 16

Just a slightly different mix, if my memory serves me well. Single version was a little bit louder and slightly less panned.
Years-years ago I was going to tape every vinyl that I had before sell or trade it. I remember I wasn't that impressed with the Crazy Nights LP (with which I've got that Love 7'' as sleveless freebie) and decided to save it just on tape. It turned out a difference between the single and LP version was close to none - so I taped just an album and a b-side.
Don't know if it helps you (idk) .

• 1 likes this
Name: Kirill

Topics Solved: 27

matweev wrote:Just a slightly different mix, if my memory serves me well. Single version was a little bit louder and slightly less panned.
Years-years ago I was going to tape every vinyl that I had before sell or trade it. I remember I wasn't that impressed with the Crazy Nights LP (with which I've got that Love 7'' as sleveless freebie) and decided to save it just on tape. It turned out a difference between the single and LP version was close to none - so I taped just an album and a b-side.
Don't know if it helps you (idk) .

Thanks for the info Matweev. So the single version is different but the differences are barely noticeable? That'll do me. No point in seeking out the single version if I don't need to.
Thanks.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 16

« Return to Record Questions