Record Questions » Sanctuary NWOBHM releases / anthologies
  • 2
  • Dear all

    When I recently started reading "Neat & Tidy - The Story Of NEAT Records" by John Tucker,
    I put the NEAT Singles Collections as background music (as an obvious choice).

    Which got me thinking: In the early 2000s there were quite a few compilations available by Sanctuary,
    the company that bought the rights. Now, while Sanctuary is generally a recycling label, there were also releases with
    interesting bonus tracks (for example the Aragorn Anthology).

    Here's what I have or could find (usually 2-CD):

    CMDDD014 Girlschool The Collection
    CMRCD390 Raven All Systems Go - A NEAT Anthology
    CMDDD391 VA The Flame Burns On - The Best of NEAT Records
    CMDDD413 Jaguar Power Games - The Anthology
    CMDDD415 Hellanbach The Big H - The Anthology
    CMDDD445 VA The NEAT Singles Collection - Volume I
    CMDDD446 Warfare Metal Anarchy - The Best of Warfare
    CMDDD465 Samson Riding With the Angels - The Anthology
    CMDDD522 Tysondog Painted Heroes - The Anthology
    CMDDD523 Blitzkrieg A Time Of Changes - Phase 1
    CMDDD540 Venom Kissing the Beast
    CMDDD541 VA The NEAT Singles Collection - Volume II
    CMETD568 VA The NEAT Singles Collection - Volume III
    CMDDD571 Avenger Too Wild to Tame - The Anthology
    CMDDD585 Fist Bach With A Vengeance - The Anthology
    CMRCD590 Marshall Law Power Crazy - The Best of Marshall Law
    CMDDD653 Holocaust Smokin' Valves - The Anthology
    CMDDD667 Chateaux Fight to the Last - The Anthology
    CMDDD780 Holocaust The Nightcomers
    CMRCD808 Aragorn Noonday - The Aragorn Anthology
    CMDDD812 Holocaust Live Hot Curry and Wine
    CMEDD880 Diamond Head The Anthology: Am I Evil?
    ESACD935 Vardis The World's Gone Mad - The Anthology
    CMQDD957 Trespass One of these Days - The Trespass Anthology
    CMDDD994 Atomkraft Total Metal - The Neat Anthology

    Some of the CDs look like re-releases of regular albums, but these are all 2-CD.

    Does anybody know something about additional releases?
    Thanks in advance for any replies!
    Random avatar
    Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 37

    Reputation: 11
    Topics Solved: 1

    Cloven Hoof's self-titled CD was also issued by Sanctuary in this set of releases. It included bonus tracks. I have it. It's a pretty nice release.

    • 2 likes this
    _________________________
    The King is Dead. Long Live Rock n' Roll!
    User avatar
    FORUM MOD!
    United States (us) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: FORUM MOD!
    Location: Pennsylvania
    Posts: 521

    Reputation: 37747
    Topics Solved: 14


    Shy - Reflections Anthology 2cd
    Tygers of Pan Tang - Big Game Hunting 2cd
    Marseille - Rock You Tonigh Anthology 2cd

    • 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    Bringer of Steel
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Bringer of Steel
    Posts: 5

    Reputation: 10
    Topics Solved: 1


    And don't forget these unholy participants.

    http://s018.radikal.ru/i521/1507/3d/c491e0077c5e.jpg

    P.S. Worth-while topic by the way!

    • 1 likes this
    _________________________
    >>>>> bandärløg.bandcamp.com <<<<<
    User avatar
    Russia (ru) Male
    Status:Offline
    Name: Kirill
    Rank: Stronger Than Evil
    Location: Moscow
    Posts: 193

    Reputation: 3336
    Topics Solved: 27


    VardisRules wrote:Cloven Hoof's self-titled CD was also issued by Sanctuary in this set of releases. It included bonus tracks. I have it. It's a pretty nice release.


    According to this data set

    https://www.musik-sammler.de/media/49021

    these were taken from BBC friday rock show session.

    Thanks!
    Random avatar
    Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 37

    Reputation: 11
    Topics Solved: 1


    kara wrote:Shy - Reflections Anthology 2cd
    Tygers of Pan Tang - Big Game Hunting 2cd
    Marseille - Rock You Tonigh Anthology 2cd


    Brilliant! - I have the first two but didn't notice.

    Thanks!
    Random avatar
    Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 37

    Reputation: 11
    Topics Solved: 1


    matweev wrote:And don't forget these unholy participants.

    http://s018.radikal.ru/i521/1507/3d/c491e0077c5e.jpg

    P.S. Worth-while topic by the way!


    Indeed. - Altough I am not much of a Venom fan, I have Black Metal and the singles collection.

    Here are the data sets:

    https://www.musik-sammler.de/media/76577

    https://www.musik-sammler.de/media/418086

    https://www.musik-sammler.de/media/17199

    https://www.musik-sammler.de/media/31342 .

    These could be seen a re-releases of regular albums. - I might be able to find some more if I look into these.

    I was mainly interested in the 2-CD anthologies,

    but I believe these all have bonus tracks and should be very interesting for Venom addicts.

    Thanks!

    • 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 37

    Reputation: 11
    Topics Solved: 1


    Yeah, I agree, these Venom reissues are not the 2cd anthologies. But definitely they were released as a part of the "N.W.O.B.H.M." series (just like those expanded 2cd editions of Holocaust's "The Nightcomers" or "Live Hot Curry & Wine").

    Also you may want to add WHITE SPIRIT s/t 2cd edition (CMEDD1143) to this list.

    btw I can't get a logic of the Sanctuary/Castle catalog numbers for the series. Well, apparenly first letters (CM) stood for Castle Music. What's DDD, EDD, RTD or QDD? It's a real "riddle of steel" for me. But maybe it explains somehow in that Neat & Tidy book though.

    • 1 likes this
    _________________________
    >>>>> bandärløg.bandcamp.com <<<<<
    User avatar
    Russia (ru) Male
    Status:Offline
    Name: Kirill
    Rank: Stronger Than Evil
    Location: Moscow
    Posts: 193

    Reputation: 3336
    Topics Solved: 27


    add a few titles that come to mind now

    Quartz - Satan's Serenade Anthology 2cd
    Girl - My Number Anthology 2cd
    Cronos - Hell to the Unknown Anthology 2cd
    Terraplane - We Survive Anthology 2cd

    • 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    Bringer of Steel
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Bringer of Steel
    Posts: 5

    Reputation: 10
    Topics Solved: 1


    Man those kick ass! \m/
    _________________________
    Cry out! Set yourself free
    Live your life your own way!!!

    - Leatherwolf \m/
    User avatar
    United States (us) Male 
    Status:Offline
    Name: Randy Raven
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Location: Rock City!
    Posts: 34

    Reputation: 18
    Topics Solved: 0


    matweev wrote:Yeah, I agree, these Venom reissues are not the 2cd anthologies. But definitely they were released as a part of the "N.W.O.B.H.M." series (just like those expanded 2cd editions of Holocaust's "The Nightcomers" or "Live Hot Curry & Wine").

    Also you may want to add WHITE SPIRIT s/t 2cd edition (CMEDD1143) to this list.

    btw I can't get a logic of the Sanctuary/Castle catalog numbers for the series. Well, apparenly first letters (CM) stood for Castle Music. What's DDD, EDD, RTD or QDD? It's a real "riddle of steel" for me. But maybe it explains somehow in that Neat & Tidy book though.



    No idea how these catalogue numbers work ...

    White Spirit is another one I bought but forgot.

    Thanks!
    Random avatar
    Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 37

    Reputation: 11
    Topics Solved: 1


    kara wrote:add a few titles that come to mind now

    Quartz - Satan's Serenade Anthology 2cd
    Girl - My Number Anthology 2cd
    Cronos - Hell to the Unknown Anthology 2cd
    Terraplane - We Survive Anthology 2cd


    I wasn't aware of any of these. -

    Thanks!
    Random avatar
    Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 37

    Reputation: 11
    Topics Solved: 1


    « Return to Record Questions



    Related Topics  Author   Replies   Views 
    related Skol Records upcoming NWOBHM releases

    easternthunder

    1

    596

    related Martin Popoff's NWOBHM Book SMOKIN’ VALVES: A Headbanger’s Guide to 900 NWOBHM Records

    ksp

    0

    432

    related Metallica Releases I want

    malinku

    4

    1441

    related [REQS] Starchild (Can) - all releases

    riptorn

    3

    1119

    related Hot Metal Records Releases

    Wolftyr

    12

    3307

    related [REQS] Medusa (Jpn) - Any releases!

    TadakatsuH0nda

    0

    454

    related [SOLVED] [REQS] Acheron (US-Minnesota) - Releases

    malinku

    1

    699


    « Previous topic | Next topic »

    Who is online
    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest