Record Questions »  [SOLVED] Two versions of Nuclear Assault's Brain Death?
Searching on Youtube I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3BihHWs9Q
Which sounds different than the album version (and the EP version too, which is allegedly the same as the album version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6jdJmSF4gI

As far as I know, there are no recorded demos of this track (not even on the 2012 demo compilation). Is this some alternate take/demo/sped-up edit (it does sound a wee bit faster)? If anyone can shed some light on this it'd be great.
Name: Sadly not Adrian

Topics Solved: 0

yes, anybody here know what the answer is?

I am curious, and will have to listen to both of these YouTube videos to figure out what is different, why 2 different time lengths.

From what I remember -
I had the 12" EP and the LP, and the EP sounded a LOT better. The EP version of Brain Death was very clear and bright compared to the LP.
Probably due to it being mastered for 45 rpm?

With the CD versions out, I would guess everything should be clear sounding, but why the dif't time lengths?

I don't know know about any demo version of it.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 330

I never forgot about this, and it bugs me.
IF I still owned the original EP and LP when I later had the CD and kept it all, then could make a comparison.
Simply can't figure out the answer to this question, as the 2 youtube video links definitely are different mixes, or different recordings.
and
as far as I know, there was no demo version of Brain Death.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 330

I think I may finally have the answer to this... it's been sped up a little. I took the Brain Death original and used Audacity to speed it up a bit (5 or 10%, can't remember... but it wasn't much), and it sounds just like the song in the video. Quite the anti-climax, huh? My guess is that whoever uploaded it had listened to the vinyl slightly sped up as well, and thought that was the way it was supposed to sound. Personally, I like this "version" better... dunno, maybe because it's shorter :D

• 2 likes this
Name: Sadly not Adrian

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Record Questions