Record Questions » Powerlord (US) - The Awakening Reissues
  • Now with the question, if there are people here that baught one of That Awakening reissues here besides me, then what are your opinions and thaughts on 'em?

i baught the recent Shadow Kingdom Records CD edition wich kicks ass, sounding pretty good, good props to 'em for using Tony Gourley's analog master tapes!, so a bonus (great)

now i know Heavy Forces Records released a vinyl reissue earlier this year, but don't own that one and don't really know if anyone has baught it, if so then give your thaughts on that one

also another question is, how does Shadow Kingdom Records cd reissue sound compare to all the other cd reissues, i know i just own the Shadow Kingdom Records pressing, but just like to know if it's alot better than the older ones from the past, anyways, i like the cd reissue alot.

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

I'm afraid i can't really help you mate, i already had the album so did not get that reissue to be able to answer your question... What i can say though is that i had no major sound problem with other releases of Heavy Forces, actually the one i have (Overlorde SR demos) sounds fine to me... It's not loud (actually i need to turn the amp at double volume than i usually do) but it's pretty clear sounding, i came to like it a lot (such low volume made me skeptical at first). So i cant see why their other releases wouldn't have decent sound.

About the cd's, Shadow Kingdom press is the only official cd press that i know of so my guess is that it should sound way better than the crappy bootlegs you could find earlier. If im mistaken about the cd presses please correct me.
    Bringer of Steel
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Kostas

Topics Solved: 9

I've bought the Powerlord reissue. The sound is polished and clearer than my Vinyl (1988).

I also have a split with Maxx Warrior, when I compare both CD's I prefer the 2014 re-issue.
    Bringer of Steel
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 

Topics Solved: 4

i forgot all about this thread, lol

thanks for the answers guys

Gish: to answer your question, i can bet this reissue sounds better, but was just curious to read everyone else's thaughts on this, i do like this reissue, it's good it has been updated, it needed it.

demonhellrogues: now to answer your questions, i've never read anywhere that those splits were bootlegs but i'm open to the possibility that those could be bootlegs, now as far as soundquality sounding crappy, i've never downloaded them but could have in the past, i don't know if the audio source material came from vinyl or cassette since experiencing all those other bootleg splits.

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

« Return to Record Questions