Band Questions » Stevie Young's Bands Starfighters/Little Big Horn/Uprising
Hi!

Being a huge fan of Starfighters, I would like to ask if there is somebody who's got better knowledge about these bands and their stuff or has unreleased/live stuff of them:

- Starfighters
I read there were some songs played live, but have never been recorded - one of them called "In My Head". They reformed in 1987 (with Burton and Young being the only original members) and recorded a demo tape with some new songs. Does anybody have any of these unreleased songs? Or live recordings/bootlegs of Starfighters? Also, they reformed once again for a charity gig on 10 November 2006 at 'The Roadhouse' in Birmingham. If anybody has got something or knows about somebody who might have, please let me know. I am highly interested in this stuff.

- Little Big Horn
Stevie Young's next band. Their demo tape was produced by Malcolm Young (returning favour to Stevie, who filled in for Malcolm on US leg of Blow Up Your Video 1988 Tour) and as far as I know was called "Skin Games" and released on MC. LBH opened for LA Guns in 1991 and Gun in 1992. They also recorded a session for Tommy Vance's Friday Rock Show and not long after that split in 1993. Again, if there is anybody who's got more info on them, or have Skin Games, live bootlegs or taped Friday Rock Show session, please let me know.

- Uprising or Up Rising
I haven't got any info about this band formed by Stevie after LBH's split up, but interested in any info about it.

Thanks for help!
Random avatar
Slovakia (sk) Male

Topics Solved: 0

I've could have written this myself. I'm a big fan and I have seen both Starfighters and Little Big Horn live. Awesome!
Random avatar
Sweden (se) Male

RoffeMag wrote:I've could have written this myself. I'm a big fan and I have seen both Starfighters and Little Big Horn live. Awesome!

You lucky b*stard! (thinks in good (wink))

Do you remember when and where you have seen those bands? Btw. have you seen 2nd incarnation of Starfighters (2nd half of the 80's) or an original lineup? Also, do you remember any non-album Starfighters tracks being played?

How would you compare Little Big Horn with Starfighters musically?

A lot of questions, but any info is appreciated.
Random avatar
Slovakia (sk) Male

RoffeMag wrote:I've could have written this myself. I'm a big fan and I have seen both Starfighters and Little Big Horn live. Awesome!

I also would love any help in trying to get hold of the little big horn demo

Help. Pls
Random avatar
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: Colin

Hi guys!

Check your inbox!

Cheers!
Flyfisher61

• 1 likes this
Banned
 Male

Hey, just found this site and started an account. I saw Starfighters open for Ozzy in 82. UFO was on the bill but didn't show. I have the two albums, but have always wanted to hear any of the Little Big Horn stuff. Is this actually available? I've never been able to find it.
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Hi All,

Back in the 90s, my band (Crashdummies) were very good friends with LBH. Nick Slater was originally in my band (then Jaded Hartz) and joined up with Stevie, Ian Charles (drums), Ivan Norris (vocals) and Reg (ex of The Grip) on bass. we played with them on a number of occasions. I think I may have some material of theirs at home somewhere.

There's was a sad demise; wrong place and time. They were an excellent band with superb songs, but at the time no-one was listening. Great shame. Happy days and very fond memories!

G
Random avatar
United Kingdom (uk) Male

GrahamJayzee wrote:Hi All,

Back in the 90s, my band (Crashdummies) were very good friends with LBH. Nick Slater was originally in my band (then Jaded Hartz) and joined up with Stevie, Ian Charles (drums), Ivan Norris (vocals) and Reg (ex of The Grip) on bass. we played with them on a number of occasions. I think I may have some material of theirs at home somewhere.

There's was a sad demise; wrong place and time. They were an excellent band with superb songs, but at the time no-one was listening. Great shame. Happy days and very fond memories!

G

Hey mate, thank you for sharing your memories with us!

Any Stevie Young's stuff is welcome here. So you are more than welcome to share it with us, if you can.

Cheers
Random avatar
Slovakia (sk) Male

Anybody still have any of this stuff? I'm on the hunt now.
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male   
Name: Justin

hi people

I was studying in London back then and happened to see LBH once or twice, one was at Lime Light I still have their hand written track song list written on paper and I am not sure if i have something more from them, on that songs papers i also have their at that time manager info she called Lynn and i have tried to find her but without luck. A friend of mine used to have a tape recorded from the rock show on radio but when i asked him about the tape he told me that he lost the tape. So if anyone has anything on music by LBH please do contact me as well I will also share a photo copy of their original and authentic hand written song list if you like to have it as a suvenir. Its one and only thing around i believe :) and the best is that it has written all of their songs. Its so sad that this band never made it cause they are brilliant and excelent and they had what nedeed to have at least some fame. Anyway, please do contact me about their music matterial and news

best regards

here is the only stuff i ever found on the net...two of their songs recorded as videos, 21st century and i aint supersticious...ENJOY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA2UdfGYnCg
Random avatar
Greece (gr) Male

Hi everybody! I'm a big AC/DC since 1986 fan from Russia and I’m proud of been 17 years old at the Tushino airfield in 28.09.1991. Having more concerts after I'll never forget that my first AC/DC show ever!
I'm very special interested in personality of the founder and one of AC/DC’s unique sound builders Malcolm Young, and when I’d heard Mal produced the demo tape Skin Games of the band Little Big Horn of his nephew Stevie Young I awfully wanted to find this record.
I found in Internet only two Little Big Horn tracks - 21st Century and I Ain’t Superstitious, so I’ll be grateful for any information, how can I get the full Skin Games demo record on compact cassette or digital copy.
Best regards to you all!
Russia (ru) Male
Name: Alexander

demo uploaded here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=62480

• 2 likes this
Bringer of Steel
Australia (au) Male
Name: Stuart

Topics Solved: 30

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Band Questions