Band Questions »  [SOLVED] Desolation Angels Reforming?!
Okkayy, so I heard on the grapevine that Desolation Angels require a new drummer, as they're planning on reforming to do a gig with Tokyo Blade this August! Searched for info just then and found a job add on some UK website saying pretty much the same thing. SHIT!!! Someone should get on that, because I want to see em. Cheers
Australia (au) FemaleFemale
Name: Laura

Topics Solved: 0

Well, looking at the Hammer of Doom Poster it must true:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.162.403.403/p403x403/554043_436409393071061_170568023_n.jpg

The Facebook side of KIT says this:

We are happy to announce that British legends DESOLATION ANGELS will complete the billing of HAMMER OF DOOM 7 Epic Friday on November 9th 2012. It will be their first German show. Expect a great set full of their classics. This is the final billing for the Epic friday:

ROSS THE BOSS (USA)
(special Epic setlist)
DEMON (UK)
DESOLATION ANGELS (UK)
WRATHBLADE (GR)

more info on tickets, etc. in a big update this weekend..stay tuned...
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 9

Demon and Desolation Angels the same day??? really epic experience will be in H.O.D. 7
Chile (cl)

Topics Solved: 2

It's good that Desolation angels are together again, but unfortunately without David Wall.
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 63

Filth Hound wrote:Demon and Desolation Angels the same day??? really epic experience will be in H.O.D. 7

I hadn't got those high expectations for the line up on Friday, so my disappointment was limited.
Desolation Angels sounded like trivial poprock and couldn't reach the sound of their records from earlier days. Nothing special about this show.
Can't even remember if they played Valhalla or any other good song..., indeed lots of beer could be the reason.

The fact that DARK AT DAWN, which played directly after Desolation Angels, played their awful CHRIS DE BURGH cover could divert from the whole 'desolate' gig before.

Brrrr...
Sorry about this disenchanting comment ;)

The best band of the day was MERCYFUL DIAMOND from Denmark which played a great show at the Aftershow- Party in the basement hahaha... Setlist included most songs from Melissa, Don't Break The Oath and the Minialbum with Nuns Have No Fun....YEAH!
Germany (de) FemaleFemale 
Name: Linda

margret helvete wrote:
I hadn't got those high expectations for the line up on Friday, so my disappointment was limited.
Desolation Angels sounded like trivial poprock and couldn't reach the sound of their records from earlier days. Nothing special about this show.
Can't even remember if they played Valhalla or any other good song..., indeed lots of beer could be the reason.

How was their new singer?
Bringer of Steel

akira wrote:How was their new singer?

I saw them in London a couple of weeks ago which was, I think, their first gig with the new singer. I thought he did well, both on the older material as well as the more melodic later stuff. Here's a video I filmed of them that night doing Valhalla to give you an idea:

Male

Topics Solved: 1

Thanks for the insight. They sound great. New singer sounds better than I thought he would. He's not Dave, but he is a decent replacement.
Bringer of Steel

Atlantis Metal wrote:
akira wrote:How was their new singer?

I saw them in London a couple of weeks ago which was, I think, their first gig with the new singer. I thought he did well, both on the older material as well as the more melodic later stuff. Here's a video I filmed of them that night doing Valhalla to give you an idea:

Sounds much better than on Friday at the festival stage. I prefer club shows in generally, better atmosphere and the sound is more 'authentic', not too clean. definitely an advantage! So I've got to revise my statement! ;)
Germany (de) FemaleFemale 
Name: Linda

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Band Questions