Band Questions » Metal Archives band research thread
I hope it's alright to post this here. Over at MA, we have a thread specifically for obscure bands that elude adding one way or another and require more digging (usually it's either no proof for/information about releases and/or lack of samples to assess the music). I figured it'd be worth a shot to share this here: https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 7&t=104654

The full list of bands can be found in the spoiler'd section. Any help greatly appreciated (be it here or over there). \m/ (YDY)

Topics Solved: 5

I still wonder where is the Praying Mantis page...

Ok, i know, they're playing melodic stuff/aor from decades now...so why not delete the Def Leppard page for the same reason?
Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 69

I gave up on them (MA). Three times I tried getting Phantasmagoria (us/ny) put on there. I supplied the actual demo recording given to me by the band in 1990. I have sent pics, concert flier.....I guess they just don't want to add them. I don't know what more they want. And considering the misinformation I see everywhere, I just gave up.

• 1 likes this
Banned
United States (us) Male
Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

C'mon, guys... (facepalm)

You are both more than welcome to PM me and I'll address your points, or you can post over at MA's S&C subforum (both issues can be cleared up by reading our rules and guidelines, though). However, I did not create this thread for off-topic complaints. I kindly ask the mods here to either lock this, if they feel that the thread is only going to be trouble, or to please moderate it to keep things on topic. Thanks (and sorry for the trouble) either way.

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 5

nonseinormale65 wrote:I still wonder where is the Praying Mantis page...

Ok, i know, they're playing melodic stuff/aor from decades now...so why not delete the Def Leppard page for the same reason?

Yes, this one has always confused me. They even have a page for Alice in Chains who were never metal.

• 1 likes this
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 0

The_Sentinel wrote:

Yes, this one has always confused me. They even have a page for Alice in Chains who were never metal.

Yet to my mind AIC were/are still heavier than either of the other bands mentioned. It's a wacky old world.
Agreed, they were never 'Metal', but Metal was always a big part of what Alice did, whilst Def Lep & Mantis only fleetingly engaged with the style on their early records & never returned to it.
This is however the only instance i can think of where i actually 'agree' with MA.
Pretty much everything about Metal Archives baffles me.
It's inconsistent, incomplete & filled with glaring errors.
Add to that the shitty attitudes & snobbery amongst it's members and it's no wonder people have no respect for that site.
No disrespect meant to you personally Azmodes, you seem like a perfectly reasonable guy from your posts here, i'm just expressing my personal opinion on my own experiences of MA and i know there are many others here who feel the same way about the site.

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

riptorn wrote:
The_Sentinel wrote:

Yet to my mind AIC were/are still heavier than either of the other bands mentioned. It's a wacky old world.
Agreed, they were never 'Metal', but Metal was always a big part of what Alice did, whilst Def Lep & Mantis only fleetingly engaged with the style on their early records & never returned to it.
This is however the only instance i can think of where i actually 'agree' with MA.
Pretty much everything about Metal Archives baffles me.
It's inconsistent, incomplete & filled with glaring errors.
Add to that the shitty attitudes & snobbery amongst it's members and it's no wonder people have no respect for that site.
No disrespect meant to you personally Azmodes, you seem like a perfectly reasonable guy from your posts here, i'm just expressing my personal opinion on my own experiences of MA and i know there are many others here who feel the same way about the site.

I definitely get that and it makes sense. I was going to come back with "then they should have bands like Sir Lord Baltimore", but they already do. I disproved my own point Haha! (beer1)
United States (us) Male 

The_Sentinel wrote:I was going to come back with "then they should have bands like Sir Lord Baltimore", but they already do. I disproved my own point Haha! (beer1)

Lol. You beat yourself!
You at least made me dig out my Sir Lord Baltimore disc to give it a long overdue listen tomorrow.
It's been much too long since i last blared 'Kingdom Come' at nosebleed volume.
(great)
Cheers for the inspiration!
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

riptorn wrote:Add to that the shitty attitudes & snobbery amongst it's members and it's no wonder people have no respect for that site.

Yes, that exactly! I'm very, very wary of using their forums because a lot of the members there are incredibly precious and have incredibly fragile egos!
United Kingdom (uk) Male

I use MA mainly for new releases and updating all the japanese and local german bands I get legit informations about.
I never had any issues with a mod or admin (some discussions about adding bands and why I updated somewhat this or that way excluded, but this always went to an good ending)
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 

Topics Solved: 4

« Return to Band Questions