Band Questions » Funny video that mocked Grunge -can't seem to locate it.
Greetings, I gratefully had a question solved that saved much searching, so here is a second and last question, as its the only song/video remaining that I can't find as I continue to expand my own personal collection.

So in 1993-1995 a video appeared on the British late night tv show Raw Power, which was quite a good song and the video was funny.

I can't state the name of the band or the song title, otherwise I would have found it myself but if you have seen the video you will know it straight away.

The genre is also hard to place, I remember it as being punk because the singer had a mohawk died blonde and quite a few earning too. The song itself and video mocked grunge in a comedic manner. When not being himself, the singer dressed as Kurt Kobain many times in it and the band dressed up as Harry Enfield Scousers with track suits all the same, big perms and tashes. The singer kept spinning round in a chair whilst holding a bottle of vodka and staring into space, it was quite funny how he did it.

Of the lyrics, all I can remember is the following:

'Whatever he says I say, I say.'
'Cos that's all I wanna be is special ya'know, and if I'm not then I won't get, I won't get paid'

Again I saw it in 1993-1995 but not since then.
Any help offered is greatly appreciated.
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: Olcmarcus

Topics Solved: 0

I have been told recently there was a British punk parody of grunge that Cobain disapproved of as ther eare sections of the video where there is a caricature of Kobain spinning around in a chair, looking completely stoned and staring into space all the times. It's mentioned in a book about him but the person who -sort of- remembers can't remember which book it is.

Don't know if that helps but its apparently the only video that openly mocked him and made it into production.

It's British, that's all I remember. I still can't find the blood thing.
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: Olcmarcus

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Band Questions