Band Questions » LOOKING FOR CULT DEMO OR LIVE STUFF
  • Hello,

I start a new label based in France. I want to press vinyl and I'm mainly interested by heavy / speed / thrash bands from the 80's.

If you have any idea of cult demo or live stuff which should be released, please get in touch.

I may also be interested by new bands who haven't released anything on vinyl or CD.

Thanks for your time.

-1 reputation votes
    Random avatar
    France (fr) Male

Topics Solved: 0

Strange, as yesterday (2016-01-18), I banned "Yul"
    and deleted a similar topic of somebody wanting old demos and live tapes -
    "Pressing vinyl bootlegs"
    "... recordings on vinyl bootlegs. If you have any stuff to submit, you can write to me at mayer821@laposte.net (you will get free records in return)."

If you think people are willingly going to help a bootlegger to make money, you are crazy, and will only scare away uploaders from ripping their rare tapes/vinyl.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 328

Yeah... I agree CSM, the whole point of the forum is putting rare old music back out to the public and hopefully the bands that created these things can get reprints/reissues sometime, and definitely not pocketing cash for bootleggers. Live recording bootlegs are one thing, but copying down their music to sell for your own benefit is most certainly not going to fly.

That being said, if you're a legitimate label, you shouldn't be using us to access this material, but rather talking to the bands and musicians who created it, as we really have no say in the redistribution of their material.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

Most of the time, the bands themselves don't have anymore the originals.

You shouldn't see bootlegs everywhere. Money wise, I think it's not interesting at all to release underground metal as bootlegs. Also the sales are so low than......
    Random avatar
    France (fr) Male

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Band Questions