Band Questions »  [SOLVED] Finding that video I just cannot find after nearly a decade of trying. [ NAKED TRUTH - Black ]
Greetings all. In 2008 I decided to download and create a folder of all the music videos I have listened to and liked over the years but there is one I just cannot find for reasons I will explain. I have tried so many times and gone to other forums with no luck. If someone watched it and can remember what it is I would be grateful as I still really like the song. So here goes.

Band name and song -this is where the problem lies. I was so sure the band was called Black and the song was called Black. After searching I found that there is a band of that name with a song of that name but that isn't it. I still am quite sure the song is called black but the band is not called that.

So, the video. This I remember very clearly because I have not seen another like it. I used to watch it in 1992-1995 and it came out maybe that year or the year before, possibly before that but I don't think so. MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL, the band itself were African Americans, all of them. Please don't start thinking it was Fishbone, Living Colour or Kings X, I have had this said so many times. They were not so well known and I think only had the one video. The style was heavy, there was some funk and some very heavy riffs, solid power metal. The video was so distinctive, the band members all had long dreadlocks, you kept seeing many definitions of the word 'black', often from a dictionary. It was shot in black and white, lost of contrast. THEY WERE driving around in the snow in a hurst, the video was graphic but quite grim in places. There is no other metal video were the band are black/African Americans and driving a hurst around in the snow. I cannot remember the band name but the word 'black' appears so much, I am fairly confident that is the name of the song.

Could someone help me finally track it down?

Last edited by canadaspaceman on 24 Jan 2018, 21:32, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved to band questions section, added band name/song to topic title after being solved by riptorn
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: Olcmarcus

Topics Solved: 0

is it this one
Name: Ash

Topics Solved: 10

I have seen "new" members on other metal forums, ask for help to find an old band/song, and after the forum members waste their time wracking their brains trying to help, that guy laughs and said, "oh, it was this all along! Nevermind!"

I consider you a troll.

• 2 likes this
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 341

I'm disappointed, and left curious. I hope you step on a Lego OP.
Name: Ash

Topics Solved: 10

As mentioned, its not living colour. They were a much lesser known band and the video is described above.

I came on this forum because I can go no further by myself.
United Kingdom (uk) Male

NAKED TRUTH - Black

(thanks)

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

riptorn wrote:NAKED TRUTH - Black

(thanks)

OMGyou are an absolute star. That is it. Okay so the transport in the video is motorbikes rather than a hurst. I got the song title right but the band name wrong.

Thanks very much, that was the one video I just could not find after so many times of trying.

Greatly appreciated, and good to know I still like the song.
United Kingdom (uk) Male

olcmarcus wrote:
riptorn wrote:NAKED TRUTH - Black

(thanks)

OMGyou are an absolute star. That is it. Okay so the transport in the video is motorbikes rather than a hurst. I got the song title right but the band name wrong.

Thanks very much, that was the one video I just could not find after so many times of trying.

Greatly appreciated, and good to know I still like the song.

No worries.
I know how annoying it can be to wrack your brains & search the net without joy.
Your description rang a dim bell & i remembered having an album or EP by an all black band & thought it might be them but their name just wouldn't come to me at the time. Then a few nights later the name popped into my head whilst i was reading, and hey presto!
The song's alright too, better than i'd remembered TBH, good bass pluckin'.
(cheers1)
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

« Return to Band Questions