Band Questions »  [SOLVED] N.W.O.B.H.M. band Warrior ???
Warrior
http://www.heavymetalrarities.com/forum ... 734#p35734

Could somebody help me verify if this band above is the same band as this Warrior http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Warrior/14113

None of the songs seem to be on that page.
Thanks for your help guys.
CLEAR LAKE SESSIONS - 4 song demo April 1993
DIRTY WATER SESSIONS - 5 song demo 1993
United States (us) Male
Name: David

Topics Solved: 4

They were 2 completely different bands, but were both active in the UK around the same time.
The Warrior behind the 1980 'Don't Let It Show' 10" EP and the 2005 'Warrior' compilation CD were from Essex in the South of England.
The other Warrior (Dead When It Comes To Love EP, Breakout EP, For Europe Only & Live In A Dive) were from Newcastle in the North.
A little info on the Essex band can be found here:
http://roymette.co.uk/index.asp?mid=3
Whilst the Newcastle band have a FB page here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warrior- ... 4158512294
Just to confuse things even further, there was at least one other NWoBHM band going under the 'Warrior' name, who contributed the song 'Still On The Outside' to the 'New Electric Warriors' NWoBHM compilation LP in 1980.
No idea where they came from, but it's not either of the other bands apparently.
Then of course, there was the American 'Fighting For The Earth' band too, and dozens of other Warrior's internationally as well.
Clear as mud eh?
Hope this is of some help/interest.

• 2 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. You have been extremely helpful. I actually have all those bands you named including the New Electric Warriors comp. and Warrior (US) It was starting to confuse the heck out of me. (cheers1)
CLEAR LAKE SESSIONS - 4 song demo April 1993
DIRTY WATER SESSIONS - 5 song demo 1993
United States (us) Male
Name: David

Topics Solved: 4

There were 5 bands called Warrior. Three were mentioned by riptorn, from Essex, Newcastle and Lancashire (Band from New Electric Warriors comp.).
Besides these, there were two more. One was from West Sussex and they released an album Troublemaker, and second one is from Derbyshire and they had an album called Let Battle Commence. Derbyshire band was on two compilations NWOBHM Vol. 4 and Noise Level Critical.

• 2 likes this
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

Akira you are absolutely right, i completely forgot about the 'Troublemaker' & 'Let Battle Commence' bands.
If memory serves, the 1980 'Troublemaker' album only barely qualifies as NWoBHM, being pretty lightweight 70s influenced Hard Rock, but there are a few good songs on there. I haven't listened to it in quite a while though so my memory may be inaccurate.
This band were from West Sussex according to Strappado's old blog.
The 'Let Battle Commence' album is better, but again it has some overt 70s influences that might put some off. If memory serves there is a prog-rock air on a few of the tracks. This one was also from 1980 but was reissued on CD & picture disc vinyl by Vinyl Tap a while back. I always thought this Warrior were from Nottinghamshire, but Akira reckons they were from Derbyshire and may well be right.
So there you go, at least 5 bands of that name (that we know of) existed in the UK around the same time.
There may well have been others which also shared the name but didn't release anything or perhaps only recorded demos.
Boris? Any further info?
Confusing as hell, but hopefully it's all a bit clearer now.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

riptorn wrote:The 'Let Battle Commence' album is better...I always thought this Warrior were from Nottinghamshire, but Akira reckons they were from Derbyshire and may well be right.

Yes this one is from Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/3291341-Warrior-14

riptorn wrote:Just to confuse things even further, there was at least one other NWoBHM band going under the 'Warrior' name, who contributed the song 'Still On The Outside' to the 'New Electric Warriors' NWoBHM compilation LP in 1980.
No idea where they came from, but it's not either of the other bands apparently.

The band Warrior who contributed one song at 'New Electric Warriors' 1980 compilation is from Burnley area.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2449672-Warrior-10
FORUM MOD!
Greece (gr) Male
Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

« Return to Band Questions