Band Questions »  [SOLVED] T.N.T (Jpn) Any information I can get!
  • This band is incredibly obscure, I was wondering if anyone here has, or even knows of any releases or any information about this band. They're too obscure to even find on the Metal Archives, and web searches result in the famous Norwegian band of the same name.

Edit: I've seen mention of them through various other Japanese bands, and 3 of its members went on to form Paradise Jade (Thanks Mazinga!): viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3234

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1401443_724609940885098_739296765_o.jpg

Above is a scanned image of the band with some information on them that I found online, but I can't read Japanese to find out what it says. Any information anyone knows or can find would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Here's two photos of their demos:

http://i.imgur.com/vFP0RE7.jpg
    Their Dream Breaker demo

http://i.imgur.com/w6d14sh.jpg
    Their Tri Nitro Toluene demo
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

Hi guy t.nt make one album self titled in 1984 was female fronted.In 1985 change vocalist and name (Paradise Jade).For any information you must be patience

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    Italy (it) Male

Topics Solved: 2

mazinga wrote:Hi guy t.nt make one album self titled in 1984 was female fronted.In 1985 change vocalist and name (Paradise Jade).For any information you must be patience

Oh holy crap, I've never linked the two bands like that. You know, strangely enough, I bought Paradise Jade's single last week, and at the same time ran into a sticker of Paradise Jade's band logo, and it was paired with a T.N.T. logo, never thinking they could have been essentially the same band. That's a huge piece of info!
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

HI Tachikoma, i'm forget to tell you that the first album was selfproduction in few copies( seems like a demo!)

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    Italy (it) Male

Topics Solved: 2

mazinga wrote:HI Tachikoma, i'm forget to tell you that the first album was selfproduction in few copies( seems like a demo!)

Oh cool. I wonder how limited the production was, and if anyone even knows what the thing looks like :P
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

I'm still looking for more info on this band. Is anyone able to read what their biography says? Also supposedly Masafumi Minato of Dead End played in a band called T.N.T, was it this one? Thanks!
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:I'm still looking for more info on this band. Is anyone able to read what their biography says? Also supposedly Masafumi Minato of Dead End played in a band called T.N.T, was it this one? Thanks!

hey Tadakatsu! I read the text with my Japanese friend, there's not much of an info here except for their concerts, how they got their name (from Norway's TNT, they don't wanna change their names because of this), how they do their best to be "hard" and stuff. No info on Masafumi Minato. The right side of the picture is cut, so we couldn't read the the whole column but that part was about their concerts' dates anyway.

• 1 likes this
    Name: Ash

Topics Solved: 10

Thanks! At least I'm not being annoyed by not being able to read the text anymore haha.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

I can now confirm that Minato was indeed in T.N.T. The timeline fits perfect, he was with Saber Tiger in the very early 80s, then in a band called Red, before joining T.N.T from Tokyo with whom he played as late as 1984, the year both T.N.T demos were released, before joining Saber Tiger again later in 1984. The T.N.T demos could be very early recordings with Minato, before any of his more prominent appearances, which would be incredibly cool. The only "maybe" is that Paradise Jade drummer Kaoru Shoji also played in T.N.T and could have just as easily appeared on one or both of the demo-tapes.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:I can now confirm that Minato was indeed in T.N.T. The timeline fits perfect, he was with Saber Tiger in the very early 80s, then in a band called Red, before joining T.N.T from Tokyo with whom he played as late as 1984, the year both T.N.T demos were released, before joining Saber Tiger again later in 1984. The T.N.T demos could be very early recordings with Minato, before any of his more prominent appearances, which would be incredibly cool. The only "maybe" is that Paradise Jade drummer Kaoru Shoji also played in T.N.T and could have just as easily appeared on one or both of the demo-tapes.

thanks for updating this. I was wondering about it.
    Name: Ash

Topics Solved: 10

« Return to Band Questions