Values »  [SOLVED] Pantera's first three: I am The Night, Metal Magic, Power Metal - are they rare?
  • I've stumbled across the first two of three in CD format on second hand market.

Pantera - I Am The Night CD - MMR-1985CD - Metal Magic Records 1985
    Pantera - Metal Magic CD - MMR-1983CD - Metal Magic Records 1983

Not that I'm that big of a Pantera fan, but these early ones would interest me quite a bit.
    Are those following items any rare? And are the all three of these first three Pantera releases considered rarities, or have they been re-printed officially afterwards?

Thanks in advance :)
    Name: Tane Norther

Topics Solved: 0

Oh, I have seemed to forget Projects In The Jungle out of the early releases which came out 1984. My apologies, my knowledge of Pantera is limited. (mad2). Lets add that to the discussion too, so that would make it the "first four releases".

Oh and the price tag, well, for I am The Night it's 11€ and Metal Magic it's 20€.

Only Power Metal but in 1988 or 1989, but not the rest of the early albums, Metal Magic, Projects in the Jungle and I Am the Night are all bootlegs, but that's not to say Power Metal was bootlegged as well, (Couse i own 2 Pantera Bootlegs), so those could be recent

anyway, if you want to buy 'em then ok, couse the original pressings are very pricey.

• 1 likes this

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

Ahh nuts, and not only that but after bit more research I found out that MMR-1985CD and MMR-1983CD -codes stand for very recent 2012 bootlegs. So cannot be very valuable then. 20€ for Metal Magic 2012 boot sounds bit high.

gravedigger84 wrote:Ahh nuts, and not only that but after bit more research I found out that MMR-1985CD and MMR-1983CD -codes stand for very recent 2012 bootlegs. So cannot be very valuable then. 20€ for Metal Magic 2012 boot sounds bit high.

it is very high bro , doesn't worth it (no)
    Greece (gr) Male

Topics Solved: 91

crimsonglory81 wrote:
    gravedigger84 wrote:Ahh nuts, and not only that but after bit more research I found out that MMR-1985CD and MMR-1983CD -codes stand for very recent 2012 bootlegs. So cannot be very valuable then. 20€ for Metal Magic 2012 boot sounds bit high.

I had payed (i think) $10.00 for the recent Pantera's "Metal Magic" 2012 bootleg release, though in sound quality, you're probably are not going to like the sound quality couse it's kinda muddy sounding though, though it depends if you're still willing to bite the bullet to pay 20€ for the bootleg.

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:
    crimsonglory81 wrote:

I had payed (i think) $10.00 for the recent Pantera's "Metal Magic" 2012 bootleg release, though in sound quality, you're probably are not going to like the sound quality couse it's kinda muddy sounding though, though it depends if you're still willing to bite the bullet to pay 20€ for the bootleg.

Nah I don't think I am willing to pay. Even though it's never officially released as CD, so bootleg holds a bit more value, but if sound quality is dull and all then no. 10€ might be the tops, maybe. Damn, so many bad quality bootlegs floating around.. this wasn't even on Amazon or Ebay.

Actualy, i baught the 2012 pressing of Pantera's "Metal Magic" from Amazon.com but it's now saying currently unavailable.

Bringer of Steel

Heh, this one's from Finnish internet auction house Huuto.net (and second hand), so these bootlegs have come long way to the cold north.. :P

Going by Discogs, it looks like there is a second label that called themselves Metal Magic Records and re-released the albums unofficially on both CD and LP: http://www.discogs.com/label/Metal+Magi ... ds+%282%29 - there's a few for sale there.
    New Zealand (nz) Male YouTube  
    Name: Paul

Topics Solved: 4

I always thought that only Power metal and newer albums are ONLY officials, but is there OFFICIAL release of i am the night too? In discogs there are even listed taht. I am confused now.
    Random avatar
    Banned
    Finland (fi) Male

I can't figure out why are first four albums "bootlegs" or atleast one of them.

They don't sound like demo....or something.

Maybe those albums are released like "self release"......or something like that, but they are still ALBUMS, right???

Unofficial? WHY? Because any of "music houses" can't take money of them for selling CDs???
    Random avatar
    Serbia (rs) Male

Killjoy_NS wrote:I can't figure out why are first four albums "bootlegs"

Many people still confuse the terms "pirate" and "bootleg".

An Unofficial re-release is pirated material, they are recordings legally owned by a band / record company.
    A Bootleg is made from a live recording, demonstration tape, rehearsal, or studio outtake.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

Pantera - Power Metal original CD pressing (by the band) has very sharp crisp red tones on the cover. The bootlegs are very blurring and dull. Red is hard to copy well.
    United States (us) Male
    Name: haskpts

Actually, those first 3 albums are the only METAL albums of Pantera. Rest of them are Groovy s...t!

• 1 likes this
    Greece (gr) Male  
    Name: Andreas

Topics Solved: 28

« Return to Values