Demos [Heavy / Power] » Metallien (Swe) - Demo (1985) / Recording (1986) / Live (1987) / Radio Interview (1986)
  • https://i.imgur.com/OuihiZp.png

Artist: Metallien
    Release: Demo, 1985 + Extra
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 128/320kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recorded September 1985 at Tonteknik, Umeå.

I also added a track "Shout It Out" recorded 28/1-1986 + some live tracks from 1987 (at Studion) + a 1986 radio interview.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... emo/385896
    https://www.discogs.com/Metallien-Demo/release/11652457
    https://www.fwoshm.com/index/M/738-metallien-swe

Metallien was a young band from Sävar, Umeå with influences from NWOBHM and heavy metal bands like Judas Priest and Accept and eventually thrash bands like early Metallica and Anthrax. The band rehearsed at the usually so crowded "Metallicowhousea" in Sävar. The repertoire consisted of original material with songs like "Victim Of Love", "Eyes Of Ice" and "Die By The Blade". The band existed for about 3 years and did about 30 gigs in the Umeå area. They also attended the Umeå Rockband Contest at Hagagården 1985 and 1986, where they came to the finals and a fourth place in -85 at "Examenskul, Gimoborg" with Mogg, Nasty Music and Atlantic. A 4-track demo was recorded the same year at Tonteknik Studios.

Metallien split in 1987 and Meshuggah was formed by Fredrik Thordendal – Guitars, Jens Kidman – Vocals, Johan Sjögren - Guitars, Per Sjögren - Drums and Jörgen Lindmark - Bass. Jens Kidman soon left the band and started the band Calipash with bassist Peter Nordin, drummer Niclas Lundgren and guitarist Torbjörn Granström. Johan Sjögren left Meshuggah in -88 and guitarist Jonas Lindberg took his place in the band. Fredrik Thordendal found Calipash’s music more in line with what he wanted to do and so left the band (leading to the dissolution of the band, as this line-up). Fredrik kind of “took” the Meshuggah band name with him as he joined forces with Calipash and they went under the Meshuggah name from then on... Örjan Lindemark are today active in Shade of Grey fronted by Gotham City vocalist Anders Zackrisson.

Last Known Line-Up
    Jens Kidman - Vocals (Calipash, Meshuggah)
    Fredrik Thordendal - Guitar (Calipash, Meshuggah, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects)
    Peder Gustafsson - Guitar
    Jörgen Lindmark - Bass (Meshuggah)
    Örjan Lundmark - Drums (Active, Shade of Grey)

Former / Past Members
    Thomas Johansson - Vocals
    Erik Rosendahl - Vocals
    Roger Olofsson - Vocals
    Jan "Janne" Wiklund - Bass (Active)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Demo, 1985
    1. Into the Light
    2. The Sky
    3. Victim of Love
    4. Diamond Light

Recording, 1986
    1. Shout It Out

Live at Studion, 1987
    1. Eyes of Ice
    2. Living on the Edge
    3. The Flame In Me

Radio, 1986
    1. Radio Interview
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2495

damaged and unreadable file
    Portugal (pt) Male

Topics Solved: 0

roivo wrote:damaged and unreadable file

There is nothing wrong with it. I used 7 zip and it opened the archive without any problems.
    Try downloading again.
    Install the MEGA desktop app maybe, and you will have even less problems downloading.

Topics Solved: 774

canadaspaceman wrote:

There is nothing wrong with it. I used 7 zip and it opened the archive without any problems.
    Try downloading again.
    Install the MEGA desktop app maybe, and you will have even less problems downloading.

No way. I've downloaded the file a lot of times, I have also 7zip and also I've the mega app. Try download and you'll see. It's sure the original compressed file was corrupted when upload to MEGA.

But thanks for answer.
    Portugal (pt) Male

roivo wrote:
    canadaspaceman wrote:

Try downloading again.

No way. I've downloaded the file a lot of times, I have also 7zip and also I've the mega app. Try download and you'll see. It's sure the original compressed file was corrupted when upload to MEGA.

But thanks for answer.

Just tried to download it and had no issues to extract the files with Winrar 5.90
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2495

Thanks. I tried with last version of 7zip and goes. (metal)
    Portugal (pt) Male

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]