Demos [Heavy / Power] » Sansuikan (pre-Action!) [山水館] (Jpn) - 燃えつきた 悪魔たち [Demo] (1978)
  • https://i.imgur.com/dgoHNbP.png

Artist: Sansuikan (Pre-Action!/Novela band)
    Release: Demo
    Genre: Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320 (cassette)
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pre Action!/novela band Sansuikan's demo, probably the oldest Japanese metal demo ever made, released in the mid 1970s at some time, likely 1976 or 1977 update: it's 1978. I was hesitant to post this, the same with Black Hole's demo, because I've just been struggling for months to find solid info on this release.

It features three at the time future Action! songs as well as a fourth song that I can't identify after much time spent trying, perhaps it was exclusive to this release. This thing is an early/proto metal fans dream and is ridiculously metal, considering the time it came out. It's also much more synth heavy than the Action! versions of the songs. Just really damn cool overall. After Sansuikan broke up, some members of the band started Novela before creating Action! in the early 80s.

I'm unsure who made the original rip of this, but credit to them, whoever it was. It's way too precious to fade into oblivion.

I learned the second song's name, it's Ultra Ecstacy, so if you downloaded this before and the name is still unknown, re-title it please.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tracklist
    1. Shower Time
    2. Ultra Ecstacy
    3. 100,000 Volt
    4. Back Stage Queen
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

I made that page lol. (hehe) I appreciate it though. :P
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

Monumental!! I love bands like NOVELA, GERARD, TERU'S SYMPHONIA, TERRA ROSA, STARLESS, early BOW WOW and hearing all these musical elements in these demo tracks back in 1977 makes me drooling!! The compositions are great, the vocals very good and the guitar and keyboard work are extraordinary!! This guitar hero is like a cross of BRIAN MAY and R.BLACKMORE!! TACHI, mega thanx!!! Even with no infos at all, please upload such jewels!! Too precious to miss!! CHEERS YOU LOT!! porosimetal

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: PANOS

Topics Solved: 1

Yeah, this tape is great! Just to think that this one was recorded in 76/77 and has so close to early 80s metal sound. Off course, 70s metal/heavy rock sound is also here and many of it, and this is great too. Outstanding record for it's time for my knowledge.

• 1 likes this
    Russia (ru) Male

Topics Solved: 18

Yeah, this one really blows my mind being so metal for its era, like what else was there at that same time in Japan that was even close to as heavy, Flower Travellin' Band and some Bow Wow, Ginbae too. Just a really cool little demo here.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

This Japanese band, Flied Egg, from 1972 has some rather heavy songs on it, like track #2.
    I've shared it in the site: HERE
    Banned
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

https://www.metal-archives.com/images/8/8/3/3/883372.jpg

Released 1978.

I updated the first post.

The demo's Romanized name is "Moetsukita Akumatachi", roughly translating to "Burning Demons".

Pre-Action!/Novela band. Sansuikan are among Japan's earliest metal bands. They released at least one demo tape in 1978 which contained a few songs that would later end up on various Action! releases. Other known Sansuikan songs included 青空のロックンロール, 天使と悪魔と夢, and 夜のハイウェイブギ, however it's unclear if these appeared on a demo tape. Sansuikan played two reunion shows in 2019. The first show was played on November 3 and the other on December 15.

More info at M-A: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/% ... %A1/883372

• 3 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1418

Strappado wrote:https://www.metal-archives.com/images/8/8/3/3/883372.jpg
    The demo's Romanized name is "Moetsukita Akumatachi", roughly translating to "Burning Demons".

Pre-Action!/Novela band. Sansuikan are among Japan's earliest metal bands. They released at least one demo tape in 1978 which contained a few songs that would later end up on various Action! releases. Other known Sansuikan songs included 青空のロックンロール, 天使と悪魔と夢, and 夜のハイウェイブギ, however it's unclear if these appeared on a demo tape. Sansuikan played two reunion shows in 2019. The first show was played on November 3 and the other on December 15.

More info at M-A: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/% ... %A1/883372

So funny enough, the place that photo came from was an old Japanese progressive rock book I have, written by Numero Ueno (big producer guy), and to my amazement he had that photo of the tape in the book, and a bit of info on it.

I had decided to research it a bit further eventually, and seeing some pages on Sansuikan's reunion shows from a couple years ago, at the shows they had a small display with one of the original demos on display, so as you can see it's the same tape as the rough photo from in the book:

https://i.imgur.com/K83gdVh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vS0AlaA.jpg
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]