Demos [Heavy / Power] » Surgical Steel (US) - Demo (1982)
  • http://i.imgur.com/gMTUZ3s.jpg

Artist:     Surgical Steel
    Release: Demo (1982)
    Genre:    Heavy Metal
    Bitrate:   vbr160-224
    Hidden Link → To see this 'hidden' link click one of the green buttons on the right: Thank for Post or Thumb up
    You have been warned: Any other attempts to make this link visible (e.g. spamming) is violating the rules and might cause negative reputation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Self-released as demo tape. - If you got a proper cover scan/j-card please tell me.
    Requested by iconoclast, Heavy Thrashhead, vesi75, Motorised, jamsonic1, Dangerouscharm & Strappado.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tracklist:
    01.  Smooth and fast  (04:18)
    02.  Moby Dick  (03:52)
    03.  Bad Boys  (05:28)

RunningWild wrote:"Good things come to those who wait."
    This demo was requested in Feb 2013 and made its way to several wantlists, so I thought this hot summer´s night would fit to throw it in.
    (drool) To anyone downloading it: Please check your old requests, mark them solved if they are and update your wantlists.
    I even care about older requests & I´m pissed anytime I discover someone was just too lazy hit the solved button but not too lazy to download.
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 923

My opinion is that this is just an extraction of the same 3 tracks also featured on demo 2 of 1984 - so, not really the 1st demo.

Because it also features Rob Halford and it was supposed to feature yet in 1982 Jeff Martin in all vocal parts - who only left to a new band that was being created (Racer X) in 1984 when the 2nd demo was being recorded/finished. As Jeff was a close friend of Rob Halford, he was asked to end the vocal parts like it was supposed before the recordings started...but in this 1st demo of 1982 the singer should be yet Jeff Martin in all songs without any Rob Halford guest appearance.

Topics Solved: 19

MANY THANX FOR THE SUPERB OFFER RUNNING WILD, A CULT BAND INDEED!!THE FIRST 2 SONGS INCLUDED IN THEIR 1984 DEMO FILE(THERE WITH CLEANER AND SLIGHTLY THINNER SOUND) BUT "BAD BOYS" CAN BE FOUND ONLY HERE!AND WHAT A GREAT TUNE!! YOUR OFFER IS PRECIOUS MAN NEVERTHELESS!! KEEP ON RAGIN' BROTHERS!!! porosimetal
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: PANOS

Topics Solved: 1

In this link go down to where it says homes and it shows information that Surgical Steel was formed 1979 and Rob Halford got involved with the band not long after buying his Paradise Valley (Phoenix suburb) home in 1981 so yes he is singing on "Smooth and Fast" and this is the correct demo he probably recorded two versions http://www.thexquorum.com/mad/PROFILE1.html
    Also since I made that request in 2013 the radio stations I mentioned have turn to crap one plays pop/crap music and the other plays crap rock but before the first station KDKB went off the air they mentioned something about Surgical Steel's unreleased 1988 album in which the picture displayed on this page was taken for. I hope this information helps cause I've also found someone who had some involvement with this band and many others from the southwest states and I'll post more information as it becomes available.

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male  YouTube 
    Name: Zilversmit

Topics Solved: 0

Hm, is this the same band that released "Rivit Invader" on Metal Massacre II compilation?

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Brazil (br) Male 
    Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

I was looking for this demo for a long time. Jeff Martin is an excellent singer, do not understand why they have not released a full album, had great potential .. I do not understand, they had a song that came out in Metal Massacre, and did not have a label to support them. They could have recordd at least one lp!!

-1 reputation votes
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Vinnie

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]