Demos [Heavy / Power] » Axemaster (US) - Slave To The Blade [Demo] (1986) + Blessing In The Skies [Test Press Cassette] (1987) [Rips by BOC]
  • http://heavymetalrarities.com/ADDSHARES/axemas.png

Artist: Axemaster
    Release: Slave To The Blade (Demo 1986) & Blessing In The Skies (Azra Records Promotional Test Pressing Cassette)
    Genre:
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    ►Slave To The Blade: Hidden Link
    ►Blessing In The Skies Test: Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    By request, here are my rips of Axemaster's debut demo Slave To The Blade, and the extremely rare cassette version of Blessing In The Skies, made by Azra records to get the album played on a local radio station in the time until the album was ready to be released on a beautiful 12" vinyl I sadly do not own :(. The date the version of the album on the tape was ready and the tape was dubbed was 05-15-87. Its the only chance youll get to hear a copy of this amazing album thats as old as the album is actually (technically slightly older), without a modern mastering/production job like the CD rereleased have, but ALSO without the telltale audio problems that come with ripping old records (signs of wear from repeated playing and long-term storage, clicking/popping, etc). More stuff coming soon too! Enjoy guys!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Axemaster - Slave To The Blade (demo 1986)
    1. Josef Stalin
    2. The Power
    3. Yesterday's Here, Tomorrow’s Gone
    4. Rampage
    5. Snake Charmer
    6. Axemaster

Axemaster - Blessing In The Skies (05-15-87 Test Pressing/Promo Cassette)
    1. The Prophecy/Golgotha
    2. Blood Of The Temple
    3. Rock Forever
    4. Without A Trace
    5. Crusades
    6. Demon Machine
    7. The Reaper
    8. Slave To The Blade
    9. The Predator
    This 17-year-old kid who lived in New York contacted me... The kid’s name was Kenny... he said “You are The Mezmerist!”... I said, “What makes you think that I am The Mezmerist?” And he qualified it.

- TOM "MEZO" POLLOCK (Decibel magazine)
    United States (us) Male  YouTube 
    Name: BloodOfChrist

Topics Solved: 4

Hello and thank you very much for this BloodOfChrist for these rarities in US steel from Ohio. Is there anyway to please upload the"Slave To The Blade" demo 1986? This demo is missing from the links. Thanks in advance for this. Do you have the Convicted To The Avant Gard compilation tape?
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Matt

Topics Solved: 1

I have Slave To The Blade but i'm always looking for the best possible rip.

I used to have (before i deleted it) this test pressing tape version.
    You know why i deleted it ? Because it was exactly same version of the vinyl and i thought it was a fake thing like a dubbed tape with some generations made of the vinyl.
    Then - i was stupid haha.
    Seems i'm gonna check this out once again !

Thanks !

Edit 1 - Just needed 2 mins to conclude that your rip is different from the previous one i had.
    Edit 2 - in the place where was supposed to be the Slave Of The Blade link there is instead the Invictus link. Can you replace it - editing it and posting it as soon as corrected ? Thanks !

Topics Solved: 19

Link fixed. Sorry bout that!

https://a3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/d9dbaed0c54746fea75cf77ad53cd68d/full.jpg

Metalhuhn wrote:I have Slave To The Blade but i'm always looking for the best possible rip.

I used to have (before i deleted it) this test pressing tape version.
    You know why i deleted it ? Because it was exactly same version of the vinyl and i thought it was a fake thing like a dubbed tape with some generations made of the vinyl.
    Then - i was stupid haha.
    Seems i'm gonna check this out once again !

Thanks !

Edit 1 - Just needed 2 mins to conclude that your rip is different from the previous one i had.

Just a couple questions, do you have the previous one or know where an old page with dead link might be? I ripped my tape when i first got it years ago, but recently had to re-rip a lot of stuff because one of my external hardrives is M.I.A. I had a ton of stuff taken from my old soulseek list-only share folder when I was at work, came back to see a bunch of shit downloaded from me without my consent, then saw tons of it posted up to lockjaw, random peoples soulseek accounts, etc. I thought the Axemaster tape was one of the things that didnt get out, but if youv seen a rip of a Blessing Test Press thats a CASSETTE not an LP then either my rip got out then and I didnt see or someone saw a pic of mine on the corroseum, myspace, facebook, or somewhere else and saw that the tracklist is the same and labelled a random other Blessing as it to try n get trades for nothing or some shady shit like that.

I got my tape from an 70s/80s radio show host who died around 2010. Before he died I had a few emails with him. He said he recieved it from Azra and eventually did get a Blessing LP a couple months later, he said he had no way to know how many radio people got the tape before the vinyl came out but before or since Ive never heard of another copy anywhere. Its a strong possibility that there are maybe 10 or less. Considering they were dubbed on one particular day (05-15-87) i dont think its very likely that there are a lot of them circulating....
    This 17-year-old kid who lived in New York contacted me... The kid’s name was Kenny... he said “You are The Mezmerist!”... I said, “What makes you think that I am The Mezmerist?” And he qualified it.

Metalhuhn wrote:

BloodOfChrist wrote:Just a couple questions, do you have the previous one or know where an old page with dead link might be? I ripped my tape when i first got it years ago, but recently had to re-rip a lot of stuff because one of my external hardrives is M.I.A. I had a ton of stuff taken from my old soulseek list-only share folder when I was at work, came back to see a bunch of shit downloaded from me without my consent, then saw tons of it posted up to lockjaw, random peoples soulseek accounts, etc. I thought the Axemaster tape was one of the things that didnt get out, but if youv seen a rip of a Blessing Test Press thats a CASSETTE not an LP then either my rip got out then and I didnt see or someone saw a pic of mine on the corroseum, myspace, facebook, or somewhere else and saw that the tracklist is the same and labelled a random other Blessing as it to try n get trades for nothing or some shady shit like that.

I got my tape from an 70s/80s radio show host who died around 2010. Before he died I had a few emails with him. He said he recieved it from Azra and eventually did get a Blessing LP a couple months later, he said he had no way to know how many radio people got the tape before the vinyl came out but before or since Ive never heard of another copy anywhere. Its a strong possibility that there are maybe 10 or less. Considering they were dubbed on one particular day (05-15-87) i dont think its very likely that there are a lot of them circulating....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the Blessing In The Skies tape rip from a french dude in Soulseek yes.
    But as i told you, and i always speak the truth - i deleted it after listening because it was same thing as the vinyl but with much worser sound.
    Haven't the time yet to listen carefully yours and to be honest - this will have to go a listen queue as i have more important things right now to check previously. ;)
    The Slave To The Master - if i still recall well - was sent me with all other Axemaster stuff (and other bands stuff) through pm in Thrashmageddon Forum by another member - that is also member here - so, i won't say who he is or was. This was circa 2009/2010 if it helps you.
    It's all what my memory still responds to your and my questions - sorry if it doesn't help you much.

Topics Solved: 19

Metalhuhn wrote:
    Metalhuhn wrote:

BloodOfChrist wrote:Just a couple questions, do you have the previous one or know where an old page with dead link might be? I ripped my tape when i first got it years ago, but recently had to re-rip a lot of stuff because one of my external hardrives is M.I.A. I had a ton of stuff taken from my old soulseek list-only share folder when I was at work, came back to see a bunch of shit downloaded from me without my consent, then saw tons of it posted up to lockjaw, random peoples soulseek accounts, etc. I thought the Axemaster tape was one of the things that didnt get out, but if youv seen a rip of a Blessing Test Press thats a CASSETTE not an LP then either my rip got out then and I didnt see or someone saw a pic of mine on the corroseum, myspace, facebook, or somewhere else and saw that the tracklist is the same and labelled a random other Blessing as it to try n get trades for nothing or some shady shit like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the Blessing In The Skies tape rip from a french dude in Soulseek yes.
    But as i told you, and i always speak the truth - i deleted it after listening because it was same thing as the vinyl but with much worser sound.
    Haven't the time yet to listen carefully yours and to be honest - this will have to go a listen queue as i have more important things right now to check previously. ;)
    The Slave To The Master - if i still recall well - was sent me with all other Axemaster stuff (and other bands stuff) through pm in Thrashmageddon Forum by another member - that is also member here - so, i won't say who he is or was. This was circa 2009/2010 if it helps you.
    It's all what my memory still responds to your and my questions - sorry if it doesn't help you much.

Hey, thanks for letting me know. I dont care about my old Slave demo rips, if the ones you got are my 128kbps rips from 06 then grab these new ones, theyr a lot better sounding at higher kbps, also it was a rip of the SECOND time the copy was ever played, I took the plastic wrap off it myself in 06, played it once and ripped it then and listened to the rips from then on. There are a couple other Slave demo rips out there, though not as circulated and probably from copies that have been played a lot more. The Blessing tape is the same music as the Blessing album, its just not fully finished production wise and its raw while still being clear. Thats why I like it best, I have a vinyl rip and a CD rip but when I listen to Blessing I always listen to that copy. For me at least the slightly more raw sound fits with the spirit of the album way more then the totally clean modern production, and without the flaws a lot of the circulating vinyl rips of old albums often have.

New link

Hidden Link

• 6 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]