Demos [Heavy / Power] » Wyvern (Swe) - March of Metal [Demo] (1996)
  • https://i.imgur.com/RgUhP5T.png

Artist: Wyvern
    Release: March of Metal demo (1996)
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    Hidden Link
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rip by me from a demo cassette.

This is the first demo of the Swedish Heavy metal band Wyvern. It was recorded in the spring of 1996. Wyvern released one more demo and then two albums before going into oblivion.
    I used to play guitar in the same band as the bassist and one of the guitar players of Wyvern. My band, Diverge, was more of a Progressive Power Metal band. I will post our one and only (finished) demo later.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Iron in the Night
    2. March of Metal
    3. Victory or Death
    4. Interlude
    5. Without a Voice
    6. Like Dogs Climbing up the Moon
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

Wow !!! Big thanks !!!!
    I have both of Wyvern cd's . Very nice power. My favorite song is End of time from Wildfire.
    But, for true - Wild fire IMO have the worst production , which i ever heard on official cd .
    One of my friends even made some " hand made " remastering of it.
    But in any case - i really like Wyvern's music.

sulzer wrote:Wow !!! Big thanks !!!!
    I have both of Wyvern cd's . Very nice power. My favorite song is End of time from Wildfire.
    But, for true - Wild fire IMO have the worst production , which i ever heard on official cd .
    One of my friends even made some " hand made " remastering of it.
    But in any case - i really like Wyvern's music.

Nice to hear from a Wyvern fan. I used to be really good friends with Petter, the bass player, but now we havent spoken to each other for 3 years. I suppose you grow apart sometimes...
    I sometimes meet Andreas, the guitar player. He said it was okay for me to put these demos up for download. He's also got some demos for the never recorded third Wyvern album, but he said that I will never get those. :(
    My favorite Wyvern song is Morningstar from No Defiance of Fate. I love the hammond organ in the middle part of the song! I love seventies prog rock, so it's cool to hear seventies instruments in a heavy metal song.
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

Strappado wrote:Never heard these 2 demos before, very good HM.
    Thankyou!

Wyvern is pretty cool and I have followed your blog for a while so I know that you are especially interested in rare Swedish metal acts.

I hope you enjoy my contributions. I still have some more demos to share and then I have perhaps 20-30 CD:s, mostly prog metal, that are rare. I think some of them can only be found for high prices at special CD stores, and most of them are not available as MP3 rips...
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

porosimetal wrote:DANNEQ,thanx a lot! Killer demo!This singer reminds me at times mr. SCALZI of LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG,the music style abit too!!Great!!!! porosimetal

The singer was a guy that a friend of Petter (the bass player) and Andreas (guitarist) knew. He was not into metal at all, but had a good voice. I still think he's the best singer Wyvern ever had (even if Tony who sings on their second album is really good).
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

To everyone: I have just re-uploaded this demo. I recently bought a Sony WM-DD33 Walkman on Ebay and I have re-ripped my cassette demos with that one. I first used a much cheaper Sony Walkman to rip the demos. I have to say that the demos do sound better now compared to the old versions. Why don't you download this new version and try it out?

Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the new rar-files. (metal2)
    Bringer of Steel
    Sweden (se) Male

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]