Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] The Mist (Bra) - Phantasmagoria (1989)
  •  ! canadaspaceman wrote:
    https://greyhazerecords.bandcamp.com/album/phantasmagoria
    https://store.greyhazerecords.com/index ... uct_id=463

http://i.imgur.com/86JgV.jpg

Artist: The Mist (ex-Mayhem)
    Release: Phantasmagoria, 1989
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 192kbps
    ►REJECTED
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Debut album of THE MIST (ex-MAYHEM) shared by Joao. Thanks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Flying Saucers in The Sky
    2. Smiles, Tears and Chaos
    3. A Step Into the Dark
    4. The Enemy
    5. Hate
    6. Barbed Wire Land (At War)
    7. Phantasmagoria
    8. Lightning in the Dark
    9. Like a Bad Song
    10. Faces of Glass
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1420

Eddiemetal wrote:Did this thing ever come out on disc? The only thing I ever come across are LP rips of this. I love the second album "Hangman Tree" and would love to get a nice CD rip of "Phantasmagoria". Also, this band had two of the greatest album covers ever! It's too bad nobody wants to reissue these two classic albums. divebomb records would be a perfect label for that job!

The only problem I see with this is that sometimes when the tapes are lost or too badly damaged, labels like Cogumelo Records resort to using whatever is at hand, like the master discs for pressing the LP, in order to make the CD transfers. Century Media did this with some of the old Combat reissues when the tapes proved impossible or imprudent to find. In any case, you may end up with a vinyl-like sound even in the digital realm, which is okay so long as it's cleaned up enough. The debut album from Chakal made it to CD from an original source tape, and one can hear where left and right channels drop out unexpectedly, especially with headphones.
     Male
    Name: Zealot

Topics Solved: 0

Zealot Crusader wrote: The only problem I see with this is that sometimes when the tapes are lost or too badly damaged, labels like Cogumelo Records resort to using whatever is at hand, like the master discs for pressing the LP, in order to make the CD transfers. Century Media did this with some of the old Combat reissues when the tapes proved impossible or imprudent to find. In any case, you may end up with a vinyl-like sound even in the digital realm, which is okay so long as it's cleaned up enough. The debut album from Chakal made it to CD from an original source tape, and one can hear where left and right channels drop out unexpectedly, especially with headphones.

Very True But Still This Record Deserves a Reisue No Matter What Along With Psychic Possessor's Debut (But That Album is Another Story to Come)

But Still This a Great LP Their Last Record Dose'nt Quite Hold Up To This One

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

ok, i did not hear the rip that joao uploaded, so i heard that sample and i feel kinda stupid, i'm glad it sounds better than the one i downloaded years back (wich sounded bad compared the joao uploaded), but now just finding out it's not a REAL 320 rip, i wished some people upload the files the way downloaded the files, not to sound like a hyprocrite, but when files get converted from lossless to whatever format, that is fine, but when files get converted from being 160 or 192 all the way to 320 to a lossless format, that is almost bootleg methods, i did not rip this, like i said, i found this rip from the uploader named dr.kiss, who is a uploader from batzbatz.com, i don't want to drag this out for any longer, my fault.

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

Sooner or later, someone will have to prevail and plunge down cash for an original vinyl pressing to do the dirty deed.

Either that or wait until Greyhaze and Cogumelo stop dicking around and finally put a CD reissue out.

Anyhow, Phantasmagoria is the only Mist album out there I don't have in lossless quality (I got a vinyl rip of "The Hangman Tree" and a CD rip of "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust" for those wanting to know and Thrashhead owns the somewhat lackluster "Gottverlassen" album, so yeah).

EDIT: I actually have a lossless CD rip of "The Hangman Tree" in my possession now, so I might upload both that and the "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust" EP to the forum in the next few days.
    Random avatar
    Bringer of Steel
    Name: Jacob Abate

Topics Solved: 1

There is a 2016 Digipack Remastered release.
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: mongoloidzombie

Topics Solved: 28

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads