Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] Detest (Swe) - Thundersteel [EP] (1990)
  • Strappado wrote:
     ! Strappado wrote:
    01 Jul 2012
    THIS WILL BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THE REISSUE GOES OUT FOR SALE ON THE MARKET, GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN

! canadaspaceman wrote:
    was released on compilation in 2012 , can not be re-uploaded.
    https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Detest/Thundersteel/358886

http://i.imgur.com/hNUQU.png

Artist: Detest
    Release: Thundersteel
    Label: Private Press #DT 01 (300 copies)
    Genre: Heavy / Power Metal
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    ►REJECTED
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recorded at Studio Hönshuset during January-April 1990. 13 songs was recorded at this session,
    of these was 5 picked for the the MLP. Engineered and mixed by Stefan Johansson. Cover design
    by Ola Johansson. The laughter on the song "Oblivion" is taken from the movie "Dogs of War".
    DETEST at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detest/114879468580347

Micke Därth - Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizer
    Janne Ström (as Janne Johansson) - Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
    Jörgen Svahn - Bass, Backing Vocals
    Niklas Landin - Drums, Backing Vocals, Synthesizer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SIDE A
    1. Thundersteel
    2. Chains of Hell

SIDE B
    3. Cold Steel Tears Your Flesh
    4. Steinhurst's Chainsaws
    5. Oblivion
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2490

actually, Strapp did post the whole EP before at 192. That was a couple years ago I believe. This is a 320 upgrade, and one that's much appreciated by me, as I really liked this one!

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Correct + I recorded it in mono if I remember it correctly. This is just an upgrade for those interested.
    Just a note to those who have downloaded it, do it again as I forgot to remove clicks on the first upload.

Thanks for the bitrate upgrate and the reupload!

Nice solid metal with bits of epic spicing, would've been a shame to miss it!
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 9

! Strappado wrote:
    THIS WILL BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THE REISSUE GOES OUT FOR SALE ON THE MARKET, GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN

Yes, you do remember well:you have recorded it in mono.Thanks!
    Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

Thanks for this, buddy. Just bought the 2 CD compilation. Now want to have a vinyl recording.
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 15

Hello everyone!

First of all, thanks a lot for your acknowledgement and pats on the back concerning my old band, Detest! I have noticed that you guys who have had the opportunity to buy the CD-compilation that Stormspell brought to realization enjoy it, and I bow to you! Thanks! For you guys who did not have the same chance, I wish with all my heart that the guys who did share our music with your friends. No, I am not a friend of sharing copyright files over the internet, but I won't be a bitch who will pretend to not understand that everyone does not have the funds, or maybe the adequate technical solutions to buy anything over the net. In those cases: SHARE!!

On another note, this is old school metal, and a page in my life which has been folded years ago. I don't do business with Detest-music to get rich - which is obviously an overstatment and probably a fault of great magnitude as a part of my ego likes to think of myself as a pretty solid metal-musician - no, I jumped to the opportunity when Stromspell knocked on MY door, not the other way around. And yes, I got paid up front and all about the business was fair and square from day 1 with Iordan at Stormspell. A very decent guy!! This means that I have already received enough payment for this endeavour, and I just wish that all of you who enjoys Detest will get the chance to do so. I am amazed that our music is considered to hold strong to this day, as we were a mere local band i my hometown, Skövde, and only did one gig live, and spent the rest of our days in the rehearsal room or in the studio.

However, the years of Detest brought me a chance to be one of two guys forming Twilight/Beyond Twilight alongside genious Finn Zierler in 1991, a band I left 1998 to raise a family. And if you listen closely to the rhythm guitars on "Perfect Dark" from the first Beyond Twilight-album, I think you will as Detest-fans note who's playing (I won't reveal anything more than that, *hush*)... ;-)

With that being said, I would like to say that I am totally in love with my new project, which has been going on since 2004 with long time friend Henrik Johansson and magical singer Peo Pettersson. We have now for the past five years been writing material, recording it and is now finally in the mixing stage. That might give you a perspective on how unsigned bands have to struggle to get the 22 tracks we have been working on to a finished product. We like the tracks very much, and I can say that the guys who like Detest won't be disappointed. Even though I am more into more harmonic metal these days (love Opeth, Fates Warning to name a few), my guitarplaying style has not changed a bit. You will still find the crunch in the tracks. Therefor I hope that you will check out Nocturnal Alliance (there is a couple of tracks on youtube out there from our 2010-album), and keep a lookout for our forthcoming release during 2015. Among those 22 tracks is a new recording of "The Shambles of Styx". It kills. It kills. \nn/

There are no vinyls left of Detest "Thundersteel", except that I have kept two which is signed by the band back in '90. They are too dear to me to ever sell, but if you're in the neighbourhood, jump at the chance to pop in and hold them for a while, and we can talk some metal and drink a cup of coffee or something.

Hail, guys! You rock!
    Random avatar
    Sweden (se) Male
    Name: Micke Darth

Topics Solved: 0

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads