Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] Glacier (US) - Ready For Battle [Demo] (1984)
  •  ! canadaspaceman wrote:
    re-release ,(2018), cassette still for sale
    https://glacier80smetal.bandcamp.com/al ... o-cassette
    https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/G ... tle/726475

https://i.imgur.com/mFxcqdk.png
    Artist: Glacier
    Release: Ready For Battle Demo, 1984
    Label: Self Released Promotional Cassette
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 192 kbps
    ►Rejected / For Sale at: https://glacier80smetal.bandcamp.com/al ... o-cassette
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GLACIER were a US Heavy Metal band originally formed in Portland, Oregon in 1979. The band released their first three song demo tape, "Ready For Battle", in 1984 which led them to sign a deal with the French Axe Killer Records label. Their first official release was their self-titled Mini LP which was issued in 1985 by Axe Killer. The "Glacier" Mini LP drew favouable comparisons in the music press with contemporaries like WARLORD, FATES WARNING and QUEENSRYCHE. Three years later the band released a further four song cassette only demo which showed a stylistic change towards a sound more akin to HELSTAR or LIEGE LORD. Unable to secure a new record deal, vocalist Tim Lachman joined his brother Pat in GARGOYLE, with Glacier folding soon after. With Gargoyle, Lachman released a 1987 demo tape, an EP and a full length album, both in '88. Lachman then moved on to sing with STATE OF THE ART on their 1992 demo, before later joining ELEVENTH HOUR who issued a demo in 1995. Glacier produced some great U.S. Heavy Metal but somehow were criminally overlooked for years. Eventually collectors and bloggers discovered the band's back catalogue, and as a result their releases began to command high prices. Heaven & Hell Records recently announced plans for a Glacier compilation CD, as part of the label's "Lost Relics" series, which is due for release in early 2012 .

Tim Lachman - Vocals (GARGOYLE, STATE OF THE ART, ELEVENTH HOUR)
    Patrick S. Goebel - Guitars
    Mehdi Farjami - Guitars
    Troy Ketsdever - Bass
    The Master - Drums
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Ready For Battle
    2. Devil In Disguise
    3. Speak No Evil
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

ha, this is my tape rip- not that I care that you posted it, but I found it funny to look at the properties of the files and see the comments and lyrics notes.... Ive gotten alot fron the live and otherwise blog, so glad to see it get there.. anyways- this is a low gen copy that i eq'd a bit- great stuff
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male
    Name: John

Topics Solved: 232

Strad, you did a really nice job with the eq work.
    If memory serves i got this rip from a p2p site originally, so i had no idea who the original ripper was.
    I've now edited my post to belatedly give you credit for the rip.
    I'm really looking forward to hearing the upcoming Glacier cd compilation on Heaven & Hell Records, but until then your rip will do nicely mate.
    (girl1) (cheers1) (clap4)
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

thanks, but no need for credit, Im glad its shared. I think its funny that someone changed the tags and added comments, which if you check file-properties, you can see someone added to the lyrics tag- boundedbymetal sucks and in comments it says liveandotherwiseblog ( which I is a blog like )

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male
    Name: John

Topics Solved: 232

Re-up :

link removed

• 12 likes this
    Romania (ro) Male
    Name: Richard

Topics Solved: 9

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads