Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] Soldier (UK) - Murderous Night [Promo Single] (2004)
  •  ! canadaspaceman wrote:
    easternthunder wrote:The tracks are still available direct from the band
    http://soldiernwobhm.bandcamp.com/album ... yl-release

https://i.imgur.com/HiJEsRy.png

Artist: Soldier
    Release: Murderous Night [Promo Single] (2004)
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 256
    ►REJECTED
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    7" release, limited to 500 red vinyl (handnumbered).

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Soldier/6358
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    01. Murderous Night
    02. I'm Taken In
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

FoxDie wrote:4shared.com-Link says "The file link that you requested is not valid."

The tracks are still available direct from the band, so your request is not allowed under forum rules.

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=198

Official 2010-2014 releases and albums still available at the band or label is strictly forbidden to post or request.

http://soldiernwobhm.bandcamp.com/album ... yl-release
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

Sorry, but I do not understand the rule that way!

1. It's not a release from in-between 2010-2014; on Soldier's bandcamp is written: "released 03 September 2004".
    2. I did neither post nor request something which wasn't uploaded here in the past. How shall I understand this? Was it allowed for the threadstarter to post the file? Do the rules change here from time to time?
    3. Infantrycide, Live Forces & Sins Of The Warrior are available here too. (As well as on Soldier's bandcamp) Why is this allowed?

Last-and-least: My post just informes those who read this thread, that it's name-giving file is offline. It wasn't a request for re-up, even I might have meant it that way.
    United Kingdom (uk) FemaleFemale

Topics Solved: 0

You need to read the rules.

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=198

...albums still available at the band or label is strictly forbidden to post or request.
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

I have read the rules!

There is maybe one rule I didn't interprete as you do, which is: "Re-upload Requests are made in the Re-Upload Section!. Always put [NEED RE-UP] before the topic title."

But again ... read my first post in this thread, there is no question in it.

Yes, while it fits being released pre-2010, but sorry, it doesn't fit if the band sells it now.

When bands or their official record labels now start selling old recordings like demos or unreleased tapes or live concerts [online or on a new CD / LP / tape], I have seen it is usually pulled from this site.

SOMETIMES, you will see allowed - Vinyl rips, because the mix and mastering maybe is different on CD's and the remastered re-release.

There are plenty of other websites and blogspots who will share everything.

(hiding)

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

I clearly understand why those recordings are getting pulled from this site, which have been made officially available again by the respective (copyrights-)owners. This approach coincides with my personal precept towards sharing music. Nevertheless it's not often happening in forums that uploads - being allowed in the past - become forbidden later on.

Therefore I wonder about the bad reputation I got right away after my very first post here. Initiated by easternthunder who has not been willing to explain his action otherwise, than briefly mentioning the rules and just clearly pointing out that post or request of albums still available at the band or label is strictly forbidden. Still, I only informed about an invalid link, neither asking for a re-up nor posting one on my own.

FoxDie wrote:I wonder about the bad reputation I got right away after my very first post here. Initiated by easternthunder who has not been willing to explain his action otherwise, than briefly mentioning the rules and just clearly pointing out that post or request of albums still available at the band or label is strictly forbidden. Still, I only informed about an invalid link, neither asking for a re-up nor posting one on my own.

It is disingenuous of you to claim (incorrectly, I might add) that I am not willing to explain my actions in giving you negative reputation points. I clearly explained why you received the negative reputation points; you can find my comments if you click on the -5 next to Reputation.
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Guess I wrongly expressed myself.
    Yes, you did explain why I received negative reputation points.

Here in the thread you mentioned the rules I didn't obey in your eyes. Clicking on the -5 reveals the following comment (I allready did it right after I got the minus-points):

"Do not bump threads with dead links. If link is dead, make a [NEED RE-UP] post. Re-Upload Requests viewforum.php?f=179

Me and others here warned you guys. We said we are tired of this.

A bunch of dudes saying thanks... viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19078&start=20
    "

What am I supposed to read more than the rules when I register to a forum? They do not contain "Do not bump threads with dead links." and it was honestly my first aim to show the people following the thread that the link is offline. Of course simultaneously the thread-starter should getting known of his file being offline for that he could consider uploading it again or letting it be. Nobody warned me before that you are tired of posts like mine.

In other words: What I wanted was an explanation like canadaspaceman wrote = A reaction on those doubts I mentioned in my first post after your criticism. That's how the reproach, you wouldn't be willing to explain your action, was meant.

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads