FORUM RULES

Help and support questions only

Support » Thanks Button (Problems, Bugs, Suggestions, etc!)
I can't download at all. Google Chrome browser. I don't want to use Internet Explorer cause every time I do, it tries to take over Chrome, and screws up my already built in Javascript. Solution, Strapp?
United States (us) Male  YouTube 
Name: Edwin

Topics Solved: 1

Is it just me or can you only give thanks to the first post in each page?
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Fyt Tigersharq

Topics Solved: 2

Thanks for a Fate show that I didn't have yet, even if I too can't seem to reach the hidden download button...:-(
Random avatar
Banned
Afghanistan (af) Male

Topics Solved: 0

Hi everyone. Every time I hit the Thanks button I get a message saying [you cannot make a post so soon after you make a pos}. The last post I made was on Saturday morning. It is now Sunday and 7:27 am. I don't understand. I follow the rules .give thanks every time .please let me know what is wrong.thanks a lot
Rob
Random avatar
Banned
United States (us) Male
Name: Rob

Hi again. The problem happens every time I try to download the Tokyo blade live in Claremont 84 show. Then I tried another just to see if the same thing happens and it happens on everything. I almost feel like I'm being punished for it.never had a problem like this
Thanks
Rob
Random avatar
Banned
United States (us) Male
Name: Rob

viewtopic.php?p=120080

after i click "thank for post" and then "show link" i can't see a link anyone next to that little black arrow where there usually is a link?
am i retarded? is this a VIP only link or something? my brain hurts... HELP!
Random avatar
Australia (au) Male

The link have been removed by the uploader
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1420

oh ok that makes sense, thx strap

and, damn, that sux!

tolnex
Random avatar
Australia (au) Male

The BUTTON TANKS NOT APPEAR TO THANK WHAT I DO ??? I'm waiting THANK YOU

-1 reputation votes
Random avatar
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: patinhofeio

patinhofeio wrote:The BUTTON TANKS NOT APPEAR TO THANK WHAT I DO ??? I'm waiting THANK YOU

Stop SHOUTING.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 93

patinhofeio wrote:The BUTTON TANKS NOT APPEAR TO THANK WHAT I DO ??? I'm waiting THANK YOU

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=17671

http://i.imgur.com/8kg76hz.jpg
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

Hello everyone.After my thanks commend, i don't see the hiden links.Can sanyone help me ??

nikos1ts wrote:Hello everyone.After my thanks commend, i don't see the hiden links.Can sanyone help me ??

Try to refresh the page
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

Some of these moderators are assholes. It's not like we are all experts on computers. I've had one moderator, cannot remember who, who deducted points and accosted me over something very trivial. Lots of threats over trivial thanks issues and such. You're ruining it for people, plus many people have issues with different browsers and different languages. If it continues I'll just leave. My collection is massive and just finding occasional tidbits these days. Also the 4shared links now take forever to download. There are barely any blogs left anymore and moderators who need to bully people because they have a small penis is not helping......

• 1 likes this
Banned
United States (us) Male
Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

vaalkoth wrote:Some of these moderators are assholes. It's not like we are all experts on computers. I've had one moderator, cannot remember who, who deducted points and accosted me over something very trivial. Lots of threats over trivial thanks issues and such. You're ruining it for people, plus many people have issues with different browsers and different languages. If it continues I'll just leave. My collection is massive and just finding occasional tidbits these days. Also the 4shared links now take forever to download. There are barely any blogs left anymore and moderators who need to bully people because they have a small penis is not helping......

Point deductions are done at the discretion of every mod, because of which severity will vary. Rest assured, everyone is simply doing their best to try to uphold Emil's guidelines until his return when he can change a couple things up. The main problem we encounter is the huge number of people who spam "thanks" to unhide links and don't even say something mildly interesting about an album, nor do they give the person a small thank you for taking the time to rip their vinyl or CD or whatever format it may be. They've been provided rules written by Emil himself, which in the past month we've extended to a further 3 languages with a couple more major ones in the works, but what it boils down to is if people are going to join a primarily English forum, it's really on them to know enough English to actually understand and follow set rules, which is why it's being cracked down on harder lately and some of these people can be warned a dozen times in their own language and still ignore it which definitely can result in frustration and stricter warnings. A similar problem is people bumping long dead threads instead of making a re-up post, which I understand was the issue you had personally with a mod, and I gave you a little rep back since it wasn't something you do often. Please don't get angry with us and keep in mind us mods aren't perfect, though we're trying our best.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

vaalkoth wrote:"Some of these moderators are assholes"

What part from "We will not tolerate rudeness, profanity, insulting posts, personal attacks, racist, sexist, homophobic, threatening or hateful language" you can't understand?

• 1 likes this
FORUM MOD!
Brazil (br) Male 
Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

vaalkoth wrote:Some of these moderators are assholes. It's not like we are all experts on computers. I've had one moderator, cannot remember who, who deducted points and accosted me over something very trivial. Lots of threats over trivial thanks issues and such. You're ruining it for people, plus many people have issues with different browsers and different languages. If it continues I'll just leave. My collection is massive and just finding occasional tidbits these days. Also the 4shared links now take forever to download. There are barely any blogs left anymore and moderators who need to bully people because they have a small penis is not helping......

The moderators were appointed for agreeing with this site's owner, that there is no need to type thanks, (just click the GREEN buttons) especially when a dead link is bumped, and then they don't bother to make a [NEED RE-UP] topic.

They must know how to speak English, otherwise, how did they get to this site?
But then they don't read the rules? viewtopic.php?f=123&t=198
I guess we have to make the site "simpler" , so the download link is not revealed just for typing Thanks ?

I have been deleting pages and pages and pages of "Thanks",and other worthless posts, that buried members' re-upload links, opinions, and valuable information about bands / releases.

A bunch of dudes saying thanks...
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19078
-Don´t spam "Thanks" to see the hidden download link, but use the proper buttons instead: the Green Thumbs up http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/styles/DefaultWhite/images/testthumb.png or http://i.imgur.com/XpCID5r.png%20or%20http://i.imgur.com/062S6uW.png
Please do this in any post so far you stole the download link at, or other negative reputation points may follow.
-Repeating flooding will result in ban without warning.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

You don't like swearing Kiltova? Fuck this site and fuck you. I'm gone. There are a few other blogs where I don't have to deal with such PC bullshit. Delete all my posts. The mod who accosted me was canadaspaceman, and he claimed I was warned numerous times, which is bullshit because I was never warned at all until the rude message. And now another mod is butthurt over my language? There is the Boneyard Blog and Chris Diabolus blog and the MetalArea. I'm quite happy checking their blogs where I don't have to deal with this bullshit. Sorry if I butthurt you with my words. Grow a spine. Bye Bye HMR. It was good while it lasted. Fucking pathetic!

http://bm-80smetal.blogspot.com/

http://diabolusmetal.blogspot.com/

http://metalarea.org/
Banned
United States (us) Male
Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

vaalkoth wrote: The mod who accosted me was canadaspaceman, and he claimed I was warned numerous times,

I probably copy & pasted the generic warning I give to everybody.
This forum gets approx 5-20 new members every day for at least the past year, and most are following the (new) rules and downloading as much as they want.
This site is not dying.
Enjoy the other sites you go to. (They have dead links too by the way).
http://www.twm.news/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/have-a-nice-day-e1390086540974.jpg
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

vaalkoth wrote:You don't like swearing Kiltova? Fuck this site and fuck you. I'm gone. There are a few other blogs where I don't have to deal with such PC bullshit. Delete all my posts. The mod who accosted me was canadaspaceman, and he claimed I was warned numerous times, which is bullshit because I was never warned at all until the rude message. And now another mod is butthurt over my language? There is the Boneyard Blog and Chris Diabolus blog and the MetalArea. I'm quite happy checking their blogs where I don't have to deal with this bullshit. Sorry if I butthurt you with my words. Grow a spine. Bye Bye HMR. It was good while it lasted. Fucking pathetic!

Rude message? Oh boy. I actually bumped your rep back up partially because I gave you the benefit of the doubt, his message first of all has zero bias to it, he warned you only once, not "multiple times", and is a general warning he gives to everyone who happens to violate said rule and I quote exactly what he sent you:

canadaspaceman wrote:do not bump threads with dead links. If link is dead, make a [NEED RE-UP] post.
Re-Upload Requests
viewforum.php?f=179

Me and others here warned you guys.
We said we are tired of this.

A bunch of dudes saying thanks...
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19078&start=20

There's absolutely nothing rude about that, you really just need to grow a thicker skin. Also, if you've been here for more than a week, you might notice that the forum has never put up with people swearing at other members, so again, it's nothing new. I'm not sure those forums are right for you, since I'm fairly sure all three are friends of Emil, and they likely have similar standards abiding to basic forum logic.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

« Return to Support