FORUM RULES

Help and support questions only

Support »  [SOLVED] Allowed to upload promo/not-for-sale items? Also, is it allowed to request scans/lyrics from newer releases?
  • Hi,
    So i have got my mits on some stuff from Skywings (Japan), that are promo CDs with instrumentals on, given only to people who purchased in a specific online shop as a bonus. The frontman of the band has said that these are free items, sharing is OK, but the album that these CDs were released with is from 2014, "Vice Versa". Are these allowed to be uploaded?

In addition to this, am I allowed to request scans/lyrics from newer (2010-2016) releases?

Thank you.
    Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

Thanks for asking!

LivingForTomorrow wrote:So i have got my mits on some stuff from Skywings (Japan), that are promo CDs with instrumentals on, given only to people who purchased in a specific online shop as a bonus. The frontman of the band has said that these are free items, sharing is OK, but the album that these CDs were released with is from 2014, "Vice Versa". Are these allowed to be uploaded?

It´s impossible to verify whether a band wants something to be shared for free or not!
    If so, it´s not a big deal for them to upload it to free hosts like bandcamp or alike.
    What you can do is to post a link to this free download (of course only if clearly sanctioned by the band) - otherwise please stay away from submitting new releases. (see rules)
    We´ve got a special section for those links: » Free Downloads sanctioned by the band (Uploaded by the band)

LivingForTomorrow wrote:In addition to this, am I allowed to request scans/lyrics from newer (2010-2016) releases?

I see no problem to request scans or lyrics of new releases.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 925

Just the answers I needed, fantastic. I guess I'll refrain from uploading them then, until I get an answer.
    Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Support