FORUM RULES

Help and support questions only

Support »  [SOLVED] random topic not working
  • Hello,

Under 'Post Activity', there's a 'Random topic' link, but it is not working...

Patrick
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 0

Here the "report dead link" button is not appearing anymore. To be possible to see the download link the users need make positive above [Thank For Post] button on right side bottom part of posting. I don't know nothing english language, but I think you can understand.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Paulinhochocolate

Topics Solved: 1

In another topic, there were some complaints by some uploaders that they were getting many requests for re-uploads.
    they did the work, and we should not ask them to keep doing it.

Uploaders are tired of being asked to upload again, to "re-upload", when many people who have downloaded it,
    can now do some work and upload it, if they have nothing new to share themselves.

I ignore people too lazy to make re-up requests.
    Also I no longer answer any private messages. (You can turn it off in your personal preferences ).

If anybody is too lazy to make a new [NEED RE-UP] topic, than too bad.
    viewforum.php?f=179

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

If anybody is too lazy to make a new [NEED RE-UP] topic, than too bad.
    viewforum.php?f=179[/quote]

Tt's really bad this. But it's good uploaders help from time to time. It's the custom of some uploaders now to set the file to download by only a week. This has started by a person and after others uploaders are doing same, and it's much stupidity! Because not everyone can be here connected 24 hours. I am teacher and only remains little time by week to forum loggon. It does not cost uploaders anything to set the links by a month at least!

-1 reputation votes
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

professorpaulinho wrote:If anybody is too lazy to make a new [NEED RE-UP] topic, than too bad.
    viewforum.php?f=179

Tt's really bad this. But it's good uploaders help from time to time. It's the custom of some uploaders now to set the file to download by only a week. This has started by a person and after others uploaders are doing same, and it's much stupidity! Because not everyone can be here connected 24 hours. I am teacher and only remains little time by week to forum loggon. It does not cost uploaders anything to set the links by a month at least!

So, once again you contribute nothing to the forum but another complaint that the forum is not run for your convenience. What a surprise. And you just compound your egregious behaviour by suggesting that some uploaders are guilty of "stupidity". Fucking unbelievable. Dude, your attitude sucks. You never share anything here, so you are in no position to criticise regular uploaders. If you don't like the way things are on this forum, then stop logging in. I'm sure you won't be missed.

• 2 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

Easternthunder, i must compliment you.
    Respect due for your use of the word 'egregious'.
    (bow)
    I always liked the way it sounds, but i'm never on the ball enough to use it in day-to-day living.
    If the pen is mightier than the sword, then more power to your lexicographer's elbow!
    (cheers1)
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 93

easternthunder wrote:
    professorpaulinho wrote:If anybody is too lazy to make a new [NEED RE-UP] topic, than too bad.
    viewforum.php?f=179

So, once again you contribute nothing to the forum but another complaint that the forum is not run for your convenience. What a surprise. And you just compound your egregious behaviour by suggesting that some uploaders are guilty of "stupidity". Fucking unbelievable. Dude, your attitude sucks. You never share anything here, so you are in no position to criticise regular uploaders. If you don't like the way things are on this forum, then stop logging in. I'm sure you won't be missed.

The my reference is to only two uploaders, the forum have much good uploaders who help enough.
    Ei Easthertunder. Why you are persue me? All moment you and a your intimate friend came aggressively bawling out on me! It's of Strappado this forum, only Strappado has right to forbid no uploaders to download the posted stuffs. To become uploader is need Strappado approbation or some moderator to approve. And I have not been approved because my share were going not to the postings of forum.
    Please easthertunder, stop me attack here. I already have been called even terrorist by a your friend. What harm have I done to you?
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

viewforum.php?f=179

professorpaulinho wrote:Tt's really bad this. But it's good uploaders help from time to time. It's the custom of some uploaders now to set the file to download by only a week. This has started by a person and after others uploaders are doing same, and it's much stupidity! Because not everyone can be here connected 24 hours. I am teacher and only remains little time by week to forum loggon. It does not cost uploaders anything to set the links by a month at least!

If you think things are bad here believe me they can be much worse. Imagine having to pay a subscription, not being allowed to request re-uploads unless you are an uploader and then finding after paying a subscription that most of the links are dead anyway. Believe me this does happen. This forum is great.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 16

Chiefy2, I agree with you! None other fórum was posted great stuffs not even in payed forums.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

professorpaulinho wrote:
    easternthunder wrote:
    viewforum.php?f=179

The my reference is to only two uploaders, the forum have much good uploaders who help enough.
    Ei Easthertunder. Why you are persue me? All moment you and a your intimate friend came aggressively bawling out on me! It's of Strappado this forum, only Strappado has right to forbid no uploaders to download the posted stuffs. To become uploader is need Strappado approbation or some moderator to approve. And I have not been approved because my share were going not to the postings of forum.
    Please easthertunder, stop me attack here. I already have been called even terrorist by a your friend. What harm have I done to you?

Don't try and play the victim card as that won't wash at all. You must be incredibly obtuse if you cannot see why your general attitude and specific comments sometimes elicit robust reactions. Allow me to refresh your memory.

professorpaulinho wrote:I observe very selfishness in metal admirers in to share what they possess, because many of them unfortunately only share his rips with their friends.

About the dead links problem, it's the best if all uploaders to collaborate to send the files for good hosts and every uploader to possess the respective host (Mediafire and 4shared for exemple), and they not to send the files in worthless hosts that expire in little time. And the old uploaders to help to reupload what is requested. If they to help at least once a month they reuploading a file, already will help satisfactorily.

viewforum.php?f=179

professorpaulinho wrote:Unfortunately I also don't possess rips because I don't possess vinyl, k7 or CDs. Really there is not to buy here in Brazil vinyls, K7 not even underground band Cds.

If anybody to want to buy here will need to import. The price of import products in Brazil from outside South America is more than 4000 Euros here. Furthermore there is also the very high brazilian tax load to imported products.

professorpaulinho wrote:I have downloaded some few stuffs that was not posted here yet, but I am afraid to share because I don't know if it's or no allowed according forum rules to share what is not of himself.

It's somewhat hypocritical of you to complain about selfishness when you have yet to share anything on this forum, even when encouraged by others to share. And please don't give me any flannel about not having anything to share. You mentioned in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18486) that you rewrite your data every 3 years. Anyone who has been collecting for at least 3 years must have something to share.

Your observations and suggestions about uploaders are also incongruous considering that you do not upload yourself. It's akin to a man with no arms trying to advise Roger Federer how to play tennis.

Remember, a lot of work is involved in ripping/recording and uploading. Petty whingers (who often act as though the Internet and its forums should be run solely for their benefit) only serve in the long run to disincentivize uploaders. After all, why should people be bothered to share their rarities when it would appear that they have little (or zero) chance of receiving in return rarities they've been searching for?

You have, by your own admission, only been a member of this forum for a few short months, yet the vast majority of your posts are requests; the few that aren't are generally petulant complaints. I can't think of any other member of the forum who behaves in such a disrespectful manner. The primary function of this forum is for like-minded members to engage with each other by sharing rare music that they would otherwise have great difficulty in obtaining. It should be a two-way exchange to the mutual benefit of all; not somewhere where greedy parasites take advantage of the altruism of others. If you really appreciate this forum and what it offers - as you claim in your reply to chiefy2 above - then perhaps you should start to give something back instead of continually taking and making needless and unwarranted criticisms.

• 1 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

trogne wrote:Hello,

Under 'Post Activity', there's a 'Random topic' link, but it is not working...

Patrick

Random topic working again

index.php?act=rand

• 1 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1420

« Return to Support