Found Requests
FORUM RULES
------------------
Full list with solved requests: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/top ... p?list=123

Found / Solved Requests »  [SOLVED] [NEED RE-UP] World War III (US) - World War III (1985) [Reissue 2008]
  • Link to dead post: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=18330

This may seem an odd request as the link for the CD is still live. Let me explain...
    I really only need the 2 bonus tracks from the 1982 single which were uploaded at the bottom of this post by a member called lolquelol with the speeds corrected. The versions of these songs on the original CD are faulty & play faster than they should, so much so that they sound like Pinky & Perky.
    Did anyone happen to get those corrected versions he uploaded in 2014?
    Alternatively, a rip of the '82 single itself would be great.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Don´t have neither of those and from the price I see at discogs (€ 360 (shocked) ), the single is unlikely to show up…

But it shouldn´t be too hard to redo what member lolquelol did himself.

It seems Retrospect Records did not only fuck up the speed but also applied different mix to both stereo channels… (facepalm)
    The left channel is highly compressed, so after normalization it sounds much louder (about 3dB):
    https://i.imgur.com/qCx55qo.png

However, you can easily play around with different settings using a freeware like Audacity.
    This is what I did:
    • noise reduction
    • compression of right channel
    • normalization of both channels (maxAmp LCh=-1, RCh=0) to feel them "equally loud"
    • changing speed by -13.3% (I got the factor from b-side´s duration 02:49 scaling up to 03:15 and the result sounded plausible to me)
      Speed change is affecting both tempo and pitch, so it won´t sound like female vocals (or Pinky & Perky) anymore.
      Hope they applied the same speed error on both tracks.

Let me hear what you think of the result:
    Hidden Link
    ► (Mega) Hidden Link

• 6 likes this

Last edited by RunningWild on 09 Feb 2020, 03:33, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: backup link added (mega)
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 923

RunningWild, my many thanks for your efforts on my behalf. You've gone way above & beyond the 'call of duty' my friend.
    (jason)
    Unfortunately i'm unable to download the tracks you worked on from zippyshare. I just keep getting a page that says 'Unable to read session config'.(mad2)
    Not sure if it's an issue with the HideMyAss proxy or zippyshare or maybe even my anti-virus but i'm unable to get the files.
    After all you've done i feel a bit cheeky asking you to re-upload the files again to a different server, but...at the risk of using up any good will i may have accumulated with you over the years, if it's not too much trouble could you possibly re-upload the files again to a different server?
    :/

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Many thanks RunningWild, i was able to get the files from Mega & i must say you did a really great job on them.
    Speed sounds correct to me now & the channel balance is noticeably much improved thanks to your efforts.
    (cheers1)
    If World War III are ever looking to re-release their stuff again in the future they should probably seek your services rather than entrusting the tapes to the likes of Retrospect Records. Great job!

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

« Return to Found / Solved Requests