Found Requests
FORUM RULES
------------------
Full list with solved requests: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/top ... p?list=123

Found / Solved Requests »  [SOLVED] [REQS] Pentagram (US) - Oppression [demo] (1997)
Hi, all. I hope this is the right place to post this.

First off, I'm very new to this site (as well as 'internet trading', as it were). So if I'm breaking any rules of etiquette at all, please do educate me.

Now, to the topic at hand. As I do regularly obsess over Liebling & co., I'm trying to track down every single inch of tape I can (whatever format it may actually be). On top of many of the various 70s tapes, one that persists in eluding me is the 1997 demo.
I managed to track down the '96 demo in 320k, but every single link I've found for the '97 has been dead.

Any chance anyone could help me out here?

If I should be uploading before asking for anything, I could of course do so. I don't have much that's extremely rare, but I have a few nice boots on hand.

One other thing, there seem to be two versions of this demo; one with Pistonhead and one with Nothing Left. I did manage to track down lossy copies of the songs Thrill of the Kill and Nothing Left. So if we wanted to assemble an as-close-to-perfect version as possible, I could provide NL if nobody else has it? The link I found it at is still probably up, actually. It's the last one below.

Once again thanks to all. Great place you got here if I may say so, it's been an excellent resource. I'm looking forward to being more active.

Link/Source:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pe ... 997/165792
http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?p=165843
http://mp3s.cc/mp3/732003-pentagram_not ... t_97_demo/
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 0

I have the 1997 demo @192.
01-Thrill Of The Kill (5:18)
02-Black Sky (2:46)
03-Nothing Left (2:56)
04-Look Over Your Shoulder (3:31)

The tape rip / production is poor. It sounds more like sludge metal to me than the heavy metal of the first 2 LP's.

If you want it,
i will upload it after you share something cool as well.

Please follow the rules, and do not submit anything that any band or their record labels still offer for sale brand new.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

The rules, yes yes, of course. I've prepared a few items, I plan to get right on that.

The thing about the Nothing Left version, though. I literally just found the demo on YouTube (albeit with Nothing Left mislabeled as Pistonhead). Anyway, the hole in the plot is that Pistonhead is actually mostly what I'm after (it's sort of 'my song', I suppose). Nevertheless, thank you.

With regards to the sound quality, at least one version is an Audible Deafenings 'production', so, it certainly hasn't had the greatest care put towards it. It is what it is, a bridging of Be Forewarned and Review Your Choices (the albums, of course).

I dunno if my YouTube rip sounds any better than your copy, but what I might do is attempt to remaster one (i.e. coax it into sounding a little better via EQ) and then go and post that later on.
United States (us) Male

I have the 'Pistonhead' version in flac, if you still need it.
I'd prefer to keep it as flac, but I'm happy to upload it if you'd like.

I only ask that if you ever find a flac version of the 'Nothing Left' version, please let me know. It's just an obscure track off an even more obscure demo but the completist in me wouldn't mind it in flac.

Incidentally, I don't know if "Oppression" is a legitimate title for the demo or another 'Audible Deafenings' production.
Random avatar
Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 2

Believe it or not, I haven't forgotten about this. Some unexpected trouble came up, I haven't had the time nor patience to prep & upload anything (several things, I would like to remaster to fix clipping, tonality, etc.) This has all been weighing on my mind for a while, it's on the list....

Scott, I would very much appreciate it. I'll keep digging for any versions. Lossless is something we're both after here.

About both the hypothetical third demo, and the title, I guess only Bobby knows....
United States (us) Male

I'll get to uploading it now.
I've got the 1996 demo, as well. but I believe new copies of the 'Change of Heart' vinyl reissue may be still available so it might not be in accordance with the rules to upload that one.
Random avatar
Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 2

A couple resellers seem to have some. It is apparently out of print (i.e. one run and that was it), but fair point. So long as one can still get it and whatnot.
United States (us) Male

« Return to Found / Solved Requests