Found Requests
FORUM RULES
------------------
Full list with solved requests: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/top ... p?list=123

Found / Solved Requests »  [SOLVED] [REQS] Holy Mackerel (UK) - Holy Mackerel (1972) (ex Orang-utan, Samuel Prody etc)
  • Link/Source: http://www.musicmeter.nl/album/302661
    Link/Source: http://www.discogs.com/Holy-Mackerel-Ho ... se/3071923

HOLY MACKEREL (UK) - Holy Mackerel (1972)
    CBS Records S 652597

http://s12.postimg.org/i3hr72kh9/Holy_Mackerel_1st_72.jpg

01. Going To The Country (3:02)
    02. Virginia Water (3:45)
    03. Spanish Attraction (7:34)
    04. Rock-A-Bye (2:34)
    05. Oh! (5:15)
    06. Were You At All (2:55)
    07. New Black Shoes (3:48)
    08. The Boy And The Mekon (5:46)

TERRY 'NOBBY' CLARK - Vocals (THE HERD, THE GOOD THING BRIGADE, JASON CREST, HUNTER, ORANG-UTAN, VENDETTA)
    DEREK 'MORT' SMALLCOMBE - Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals (THE GOOD THING BRIGADE, JASON CREST, SAMUEL PRODY)
    CHRIS WARE - Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar
    TONY WOOD - Bass
    ROGER 'SPODGE' SIGGERY - Drums (TONY'S DEFENDERS, THE GOOD THING BRIGADE, JASON CREST, HIGH BROOM)

Not to be confused with the American Pop-Psych band of the same name, the British band Holy Mackerel evolved out of the '60s Psychedelic outfit Jason Crest. This band recorded some very uninteresting material before the excellent final single 'Black Mass/A Place In The Sun', a single that showed a move from their earlier pop ambitions towards heavier psych with the A side a freaky slice of Arthur Brown meets Proto Metal.
    Lead vocalist Terry Clarke (after a short spell in Orang-Utan), lead guitarist Derek Smallcombe (after a stint in the hard/blues band Samuel Prody), and drummer Roger Siggery from the original Jason Crest put Holy Mackerel together in 1971 adding second lead guitarist Chris Ware and bass player Tony Wood to fill out the lineup.
    Where Jason Crest had been hit and miss with their material this hard rocking new band called Holy Mackerel got it down to a science right away.
    After spending quite a bit of time in the Lancashire countryside honing their rural/melodic/hard rock sound they started to play live getting a reputation as an excellent live act.
    Surprisingly, Terry 'Nobby' Clark, whose powerful and versatile vocals were a big part of the band's appeal, only had one lung.
    CBS Records signed the group, and in 1972 they released their brilliant self titled album.
    To promote the record the band recorded a four song session at Langham 1 Studios for BBC Radio 1's John Peel Show.
    This was followed in 1973 by a test press/acetate only second album "Closer To Heaven", but Holy Mackerel were then dropped by CBS before it saw a full release.
    The band sadly split up soon after losing their record deal.
    Post Holy Mackerel, Clark spent some time in a band called Vendetta, alongside ex-members of T2.
    The "Closer To Heaven" album was eventually released on vinyl only by Tenth Planet Records in 1993. Only 500 copies were issued.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Hey Riptorn,
    no idea if you´re just out for an original vinyl rip but it doesn´t explicitely say so.
    As I can see this was reissued in 2015 by Prog Temple ‎(PTCD 8038), so this is all I could find.
    Can´t post it here for known reasons, so watch out for a WeTransfer notification in your mailbox. :)
    Hope this vintage request can be finally filled? (idk)

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 926

RunningWild wrote:Hey Riptorn,
    no idea if you´re just out for an original vinyl rip but it doesn´t explicitely say so.
    As I can see this was reissued in 2015 by Prog Temple ‎(PTCD 8038), so this is all I could find.
    Can´t post it here for known reasons, so watch out for a WeTransfer notification in your mailbox. :)
    Hope this vintage request can be finally filled? (idk)

I completely forgot that i'd requested this here.
    I subsequently got a copy of the album, so i no longer need it.
    Thanks for the offer though RunningWild, you're a gentleman.
    (cheers1)

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

« Return to Found / Solved Requests