Lossless [Heavy / Power] » Medusa (US-CA) - Face of Iron (1983) [Reissue 2010] [Apple Lossless CD Rip]
  • http://www.metal-archives.com/images/2/6/9/5/269591.jpg

Artist: Medusa
    Release: Face Of Iron
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: Apple Lossless
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a CD that I had ordered from Retrospect Records. It is a pressing of the California band Medusa's only demo from 1983. Medusa also made an appearance on one of the Metal Massacre compilations. This demo remained unreleased until 2010. I ordered the disc, and it said that it was in-stock. However, when I received it, it was a CD-R rather than a factory-pressed disc. I was disappointed, because finding the music for me online would have been easy. I don't mind paying for music, if it is a silver pressing that I'm paying for. I wanted a silver-pressed disc to add to my collection as a hard copy to preserve the music for future years. The reason that I'm sharing this is because I uploaded it in order to keep it in lossless. I had to do so, because it was a CD-R. I'm not even certain if the music on this CD-R was in fact burned from a lossless format. Considering this CD was a CD-R, it is either a CD-R because it is out-of-print or because it is a bootleg. Either way, it is something that can be posted here for your enjoyment. Scans are included.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. On The Road
    2. Backfire
    3. Snow White
    4. Release The Beast
    5. Face Of Iron
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

It's lossless, don't worry and it's pretty good sound. Yeah, it's bootleg but it's good it's on cd I doubt it would see the light of the day otherwise. The guy released Malisha in 2005, bootleg of course, if only I could get my hands on it.
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

Thanks for the opportunity to hear the Medusa material VardisRules, as always your contributions are very much appreciated.
    Retrospect is a weird label, as much of their catalogue consists of bootlegs, yet they also work with bands full approval and/or involvement sometimes, like with that Americade box set they put out a few years ago.
    Does anyone know for sure what they're all about?
    If they operate in a legal grey area where perhaps the copyrights are disputed, that's okay with me, as long as the band's get paid for their music, but i've no idea if that's the reality.
    And they shouldn't be advertising CDs then providing CD-rs.
    At the very least that's misleading. At worst it's fraudulent.
    They need to be much more upfront about how they do business.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 93

I remember hearing that it was initially a bootleg label when it started many years ago under the original owner. Once it was bought by a new owner, the owner was getting all sorts abuse online for selling bootlegs. The label seemed to change and for the most part many of the label's recent releases have been legitimate silver pressings. The three Pandemonium releases had the full backing of the band, and Retrospect was able to acquire rights to receive and use the master tapes from Metal Blade. The artwork for the label's releases is done on cheap paper and the booklets are cheaply done, but the discs have been factory-pressed. I've ordered a lot of stuff from the label over the years. For years, the releases that I bought were factory-pressed. The last two orders that I placed, however, consisted of CD-Rs with artwork on Kodak paper. I guess it really depends on what release you order and what year each CD was released by the label. I still like the label, but was disappointed to have bought and received CD-Rs from them.
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

« Return to Lossless [Heavy / Power]